Updated: Levitre extremely limited

eball

Donald Jones (ankle) was a full participant in Bills practice Thursday.

According to coach Chan Gailey, Jones is "still not 100 percent," but may be active against the Jets. Jones last played in Week 5. Even if Jones is able to return, he won't be a fantasy option against the Jets' seventh-ranked pass defense as he works his way back into game shape. Source: WGR 550 Buffalo

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone watch Inside the NFL last night?

Gailey giving his speech after the game?

i am pretty sure it was Levitre standing next to Scott in the back ground.

Very opposite ends of the spectrum as far as football physiques go. Ha

OH man! I would love to see that footage. Damn show only airs on Showtime thought, right?

SHOOT! My buddy and I were JUST saying how we never see in-locker room coach speeches for the Bills!!

Ummm yeaaaaah....Bell is proven to be injury prone, and you can't make the team from the hot tub. With Hairston's play so far, and his toughness in getting back from injury, Bell is not long for this team.

Ummm...no. This is your opinion. You are not a medical doctor, you do not know the extent of either injury so everything you are saying is purely speculative. Comparing a shoulder injury to an ankle injury and how each pertains to the position that is played is apples to oranges and there are going to be different recovery times for each of them depending on a lot of things, including how the injury is being treated. To just label Bell as "injury prone, he's done because the other guy got healthy faster" is ignorant. You are entitled to your opinion but your logic is flawed.

Ummm...no. This is your opinion. You are not a medical doctor, you do not know the extent of either injury so everything you are saying is purely speculative. Comparing a shoulder injury to an ankle injury and how each pertains to the position that is played is apples to oranges and there are going to be different recovery times for each of them depending on a lot of things, including how the injury is being treated. To just label Bell as "injury prone, he's done because the other guy got healthy faster" is ignorant. You are entitled to your opinion but your logic is flawed.

That's right, it's my opinion we have another Jonas Jennings on our hands. He can't be relied on to be out on the field to help his team - he's soaking in the hot tub again.

In a game like this I really like Hairston there anyway.....he is a run blocking mauling beast.

+1. Hairston was playing like an absolute beast before he got hurt. Would much rather see him in there over Bell at this point. The only issue is how much would the injury still be bothering him right now.

Edited by stevewin

The AP article says that Hairston and Levitre are expected to split time at LT and that Levitre has a shoulder injury....

I do not like the sound of that. I think Levitre is a good player, but I'd rather have him at Guard.

Also the thought of having two players splitting time at a very important position does not sound appealing.

If Hairston is not 100% then do not play him. Put Levitre at LT & Rinehart at LG and let it be.

By very limited, I think they mean not practicing.

Chan and Levitre know what they're doing.

If you follow buffalo coverage ( the only coverage that knows the name of our QB)

You'd know Levitre didn't practice to rest his shoulder but he is 100% go for game time and that Hariston is back for Sunday as well.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-could-have-two-left-tackles-Sunday/210e060c-34c8-4156-bd8c-fb7d26002614

OH man! I would love to see that footage. Damn show only airs on Showtime thought, right?

SHOOT! My buddy and I were JUST saying how we never see in-locker room coach speeches for the Bills!!

They are replaying it (on Showtime, I know it doesn't help you) today at 12:45pm.

The AP article says that Hairston and Levitre are expected to split time at LT and that Levitre has a shoulder injury....

Hairston is solid, he may be our LT of the future. If he's healthy enough I have no problems with him playing over Levitre. Whoever plays will have to be able to handle some blitzes though. I think Hairston is well suited for that, I have seen him numerous times block two guys at once, one with each arm. The guy is a monster....

Edited by Turbosrrgood

They are replaying it (on Showtime, I know it doesn't help you) today at 12:45pm.

I'll have to wait for the bootleg footage on youtube, I guess!

You mean our third stringer?

Third Stringer Bell...

Nice.

Anyone? Anyone? Separating the men from the boys here. Anyone?