Updated: Levitre extremely limited

eball

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky he was there? Or lucky as in spinning around 20 times putting on a blindfold and chucking a dart right into the bulls eye lucky?

Both. The draft is a crap shoot as it is, even with 1st rounders. To get a potential franchise LT near the end of the 4th round takes luck, no matter how you look at it.

Hairston is solid, he may be our LT of the future. If he's healthy enough I have no problems with him playing over Levitre. Whoever plays will have to be able to handle some blitzes though. I think Hairston is well suited for that, I have seen him numerous times block two guys at once, one with each arm. The guy is a monster....

Hairston has looked good in the limited time we have seen him. Isn't it great we all feel so positive about a 4th round rookie at one of the most important positions on the O ?

Hairston has looked good in the limited time we have seen him. Isn't it great we all feel so positive about a 4th round rookie at one of the most important positions on the O ?

OT: I think we've been over this, but are you a Station guy, a Delilah's guy, or a burbs guy?

I do not like the sound of that. I think Levitre is a good player, but I'd rather have him at Guard.

Also the thought of having two players splitting time at a very important position does not sound appealing.

If Hairston is not 100% then do not play him. Put Levitre at LT & Rinehart at LG and let it be.

The message might be that there's doubt whether Levitre or Hairston are capable of playing the entire game.

Both. The draft is a crap shoot as it is, even with 1st rounders. To get a potential franchise LT near the end of the 4th round takes luck, no matter how you look at it.

This is true.

The point could be made however that the Bills really liked Hairston. There were some specific comments the team made about him after they drafted him (blocked well from a 3-point stance, could play both left and right side, shadowed the opponents best pass rusher ie- moving him to right tackle to block Robert Quinn).

Where luck might have played into it in this specific instance is that there were 12 offensive tackles selected before Hairston in the 2011 draft.

Perhaps the Bills coveted him all along and couldn't believe their good fortune when he was still there at 122.

Demetrius Bell will be fine......I didnt know John from Hemet and Hurly Burly are tough guys who could play OL with a bum shoulder..........The man would be out there if he could.....Blind accusations make no sense....

Demetrius Bell will be fine......I didnt know John from Hemet and Hurly Burly are tough guys who could play OL with a bum shoulder..........The man would be out there if he could.....Blind accusations make no sense....

And for the record Bell has played great when hes out there......let the poor guy heal.....geeeez

I agree, Bell was playing damn good football too before his injury. It's a great problem to have.....2 promising LTs and a guard who is having a Pro Bowl year that can also play sold LT in a pinch. Whats not to like. :thumbsup:

I agree, Bell was playing damn good football too before his injury. It's a great problem to have.....2 promising LTs and a guard who is having a Pro Bowl year that can also play sold LT in a pinch. Whats not to like. :thumbsup:

That all 3 are injured to some degree...

Can a team put 6 offensive lineman on the field at once? Im just envisioning a scenario when all the offensive lineman are healthy maybe getting bell and hairston on the field in goal line situations. Anybody know if this is legal?

Can a team put 6 offensive lineman on the field at once? Im just envisioning a scenario when all the offensive lineman are healthy maybe getting bell and hairston on the field in goal line situations. Anybody know if this is legal?

One would have to report as an eligible receiver.

To get a potential franchise LT near the end of the 4th round takes luck, no matter how you look at it.

So is getting one of the best all-time great QB's in the 6th round, but I don't hear the Pats* apologizing for it.

The Bills, or should I say us fans deserve a little luck after the past 10 years.

That's right, it's my opinion we have another Jonas Jennings on our hands. He can't be relied on to be out on the field to help his team - he's soaking in the hot tub again.

Assuming you are talking about Bell, he did play all 16 just last season and if he only misses 3-4 games this season that's hardly injury prone even if he tore his ACL 2 years ago.