Why this years Bills team will win the Super Bowl

Buffalo 66

Anything is possible, but the 2011 Bills squad is a little short on depth, needs a better pass rush (I'm throwing out last week's 9-sack performance) and we have no proven backup at QB. I'd love to see the Bills finally bring home the Lombardi Trophy, but I think we are still a season away.

:beer:

Anything is possible, but the 2011 Bills squad is a little short on depth, needs a better pass rush (I'm throwing out last week's 9-sack performance) and we have no proven backup at QB. I'd love to see the Bills finally bring home the Lombardi Trophy, but I think we are still a season away.

:beer:

While I'm skeptical of the pass rush too, I don't think the fact that we have no proven backup at QB is a fair reason to think a team cannot win the Super Bowl. Teams win the Super Bowl often without having to rely on a backup QB.

I'd like for John Wingspread Howell to write a follow up piece. While I do Billeve we are pretty damn good, it's so hard to actually believe it with confidence because we've been bad for so long. But going back almost a full season we are 9-6 and played nearly beat some very good playoff teams (last year) and beat several likely play off teams (this year). I think we can make the playoffs this year, but to go deeper we need more depth. Hopefully, I'm wrong and Howell is right :)

GO BILLS!

It's kind of an obvious statement, but I think the true test is making the playoffs. If this team can hold together through the season and make it into the playoffs then literally anything can happen. I think this team can hang with any team in the league for one game. The true test is whether they can do it week after week. I'm not expecting it, but man would that be sweet.

Edited by Dr. Fong

I'd like for John Wingspread Howell to write a follow up piece. While I do Billeve we are pretty damn good, it's so hard to actually believe it with confidence because we've been bad for so long. But going back almost a full season we are 9-6 and played nearly beat some very good playoff teams (last year) and beat several likely play off teams (this year). I think we can make the playoffs this year, but to go deeper we need more depth. Hopefully, I'm wrong and Howell is right :)

GO BILLS!

I was having fun with the Super Bowl thing, but you have to think BIG I realize that the J-E-T-S are the main focus but this team is unique and they wont back down to anyone and I truly believe that everyone on that team believes they can win it all and wouldn't that be special!

If they did win it all this year (Which is unlikely given the lack of playoff experience) it would be a Disney movie.

Seriously a team coming off of a 4-12 record with a bunch of castoffs manning the helm winning it all would have to be the next Money Ball type movie. This team has the characters but lets just worry about making the playoffs first.

Looking at the other teams in the AFC, I really think we have a legit shot at making the SB. Winning it, is another story. We just have to hope someone in the NFC can take out Aaron Rodgers before the SB. I don't think stand much of a chance vs him. He's playing on another level.

A childhood friend who lives on the other side of the country and I were discussing today the feasibility of meeting up in Indy in February... How we were kids during those early 90s runs, and now that we're In a position to go to a Bills SB game, we totally would do it. Cross a major thing off the bucket list and get to see the Bills finally get over that hump... Oh, if only...

Anything is possible in the world of sports today. Let's focus on getting into the playoffs and then who knows what could happen.

I live in St. Louis and am still getting over how a Cardinals team that had no business being in the playoffs won the world series. Also just saw a down and out Rams team with a backup quarterback beat the mighty Saints who had put up 62 just a week before.

It's kind of an obvious statement, but I think the true test is making the playoffs. If this team can hold together through the season and make it into the playoffs then literally anything can happen. I think this team can hang with any team in the league for one game. The true test is whether they can do it week after week. I'm not expecting it, but man would that be sweet.

They've done it so far, week after week, against the most difficult schedule in the NFL up to this point. Even the games we lost, we were in it until the very last.

Looking at the other teams in the AFC, I really think we have a legit shot at making the SB. Winning it, is another story. We just have to hope someone in the NFC can take out Aaron Rodgers before the SB. I don't think stand much of a chance vs him. He's playing on another level.

I heard he is level 85. He is still a noob though.

Edited by SouthGeorgiaBillsFan

Can you imagine if they even hold on to their position right now and end up as the 1/2 seed... can you imagine a divisional playoff game and dare YE OLE say, AFC Championship game back at the Ralph? It's been so damn long. Nobody remembers what it's like to come to Buffalo in January. I can only imagine the atmosphere at the stadium if this thing goes down.