Everything FRED JACKSON

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to say this but I sense that Stevie is not anywhere close to being a priority as far as re-signing and I'm not sure why. (only thing I can think of is Stevie would prefer long term stability (and they know it) and not the franchise tag which is what has been leaked recently. but why would the team want to franchise him when they can resign him for less than the price of the franchise tag? are they unsure of stevie or do they believe wide receivers are easy to find? or is this simply a negotiating tactic? just asking questions)

Talking about Stevie Johnson:

Last year he had 82 receptions for 1073 yards (13.1 per reception) and 10 TDs.

This year he has 39 receptions for 438 yards (11.3 per reception) and 4 TDs.

This prorates to 89 receptions for 1001 yards (11.3 per reception) and 9 TDs.

Is last season his career year or will he get better?

That is the question and as others have pointed out, he and his agent might have a very different view of his value than does Nix/Gailey.

I think the Bills know what they have with Freddy but are not quite as sure with Stevie.

Talking about Stevie Johnson:

Last year he had 82 receptions for 1073 yards (13.1 per reception) and 10 TDs.

This year he has 39 receptions for 438 yards (11.3 per reception) and 4 TDs.

This prorates to 89 receptions for 1001 yards (11.3 per reception) and 9 TDs.

Is last season his career year or will he get better?

That is the question and as others have pointed out, he and his agent might have a very different view of his value than does Nix/Gailey.

I think the Bills know what they have with Freddy but are not quite as sure with Stevie.

I also think they worry about giving him Larry fitz, Andre Johnson money.I think the agent will push for that ballpark

He is the number 1 guy this year and teams are game planning for him......last year he was taking them by suprise a bit......

Not saying he isnt doing a great job...he is...and I want him here....but it might explain his ever so slight drop in numbers.

It will be interesting to see how he handles the Revis matchup this weekend.

He is the number 1 guy this year and teams are game planning for him......last year he was taking them by suprise a bit......

Not saying he isnt doing a great job...he is...and I want him here....but it might explain his ever so slight drop in numbers.

It will be interesting to see how he handles the Revis matchup this weekend.

And that was my point, John.

The question is: Is Stevie a bona fide number one receiver?

Because a true number one transcends the extra attention he gets.

On a tangent (and this is total speculation)… I think Stevie is not 100 percent healthy. I'm pretty sure his groin is still bothering him.

Multiple sources to WGR can confirm an earlier report by ProFootballTalk.com, that the Bills intend to strike deals with a pair of players that do not have a contract in place for next season. Those players include kicker Rian Lindell and right tackle Erik

I joked in a different thread about the fact the bills seem to be prioritizing the contract extensions of their "high motor guys" regardless of their contract situation.

Kelsay

Wiliiams

Fitz

Now Lindell and Pears.

Meanwhile Stevie and Fred wait, who are arguably the best of he bunch, wait. Maybe it is coincidence, but it sure looks odd....

As far as Stevie goes I think it is smart to let him play out the year. See what his final numbers are and go from there. He wants to be paid as a top 10 receiver however his numbers when it's all said and done will problably be closer to top 20 which would help us in negotiations.

As far as Stevie goes I think it is smart to let him play out the year. See what his final numbers are and go from there. He wants to be paid as a top 10 receiver however his numbers when it's all said and done will problably be closer to top 20 which would help us in negotiations.

I agree. I would love to have Stevie Johnson on this team for years to come. Although if he and his agent are targeting Larry Fitzgerald/Andre Johnson money, we might have a problem.

Stevie has been a very consistent player. While he might not be getting 50-60 yard TD's, he is a very reliable receiver who consistently keeps moving the chains and keeping drives alive. Both sides are probably going to play the waiting game, so let's see how it turns out.

I am glad that the Bills are looking to keep Lindell & Pears around longer. Signing them to extensions should be easy. Then it's on to Freddie Jackson. I feel good that everything will work out.

As much as I am nervous about how big of a contract Stevie Johnson gets, I am even more nervous when in a couple of years, the Bills will have to do something about the contracts of Eric Wood & Andy Levitre.

I joked in a different thread about the fact the bills seem to be prioritizing the contract extensions of their "high motor guys" regardless of their contract situation.

Kelsay

Wiliiams

Fitz

Now Lindell and Pears.

Meanwhile Stevie and Fred wait, who are arguably the best of he bunch, wait. Maybe it is coincidence, but it sure looks odd....

Odd?? Kind of looks black and white to me....

Has this board not learned anything yet?

Two months ago the organization was -- according to many on TSW, as well as local and national media -- being run by schmucks who are nothing more than penny-pinching shills for cheap old Ralph Wilson.

CLEARLY, Ralph has delegated football decisions to Buddy Nix. CLEARLY, Nix and Gailey have a plan for how they want to build the team and retain talent.

Can folks just STFU and let this play out? Enjoy the goddamn ride, ok? Or do you all enjoy making yourselves miserable?

Actually, you only want 1 point man negotiating 1 contract at a time. There's still really no urgency at this point (aside from making the fans jittery).

Actually you don't.

And there is actual urgency because the time to sign FAs that you want to keep is the off season before they become free agents. Every week goes by you have less leverage and the player has more leverage. The closer the player gets to having 31 other teams compete for that player's services the less likely the player will return to your team.

It's a very simple concept.

I'm sure Buddy has an old country saying that expresses that competition can cost you more money in the long run. Something along the lines off proposing to a debutant before her ball.

It's really just silly to suggest otherwise. Once Stevie is a FA the market goes up, not down. The Bills do not have an option to match.

Letting Stevie walk is a lesson to David Nelson, Donald Jones, Scott Chandler, and Naaman Roosevelt that if you work hard, do the right things and perform well, the Bills still won't pay you.

Edited by Why So Serious?

It is my hope that they will lock up these other guys and then turn their attention to Stevie big time.....

He is the Andre Reed of this generation of Bills.

Wow, John, really?? It's not in Stevie to ever be in Reed's category. Andre never met a defender he couldn't shake -let alone multiple defenders on a single play. Johnson RARELY gets past the first tackler. If he isn't hit in stride, he doesn't gain another yard. If Reed makes the HOF, it will be on his incredible YAC -a stat and activity Johnson shows very little aptitude for.