Fitzy #tebowing

BillsBiker

Isn't it ironic how the same group of people who clamor for universal human rights and tolerance of alternative lifestyles are so intolerant of Christian beliefs? Actually, its beyond irony. It's hypocrisy.

Only intolerant of Christian-sect beliefs that conflict with universal human rights. I'd say the Jesus would find some so-called Christian beliefs intolerable, or at least a bit upset that intolerance is conducted in His name.

It's a good bet there is a longer list of Muslim conflicts than Christian. I'm sure some Orthodox Jewish beliefs could rival some Christian-sects.

Now back to Tebow. I think it's amusing that so many people take the Tebow-ribbing so personally, as if they're itching for a fight.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's unfortunate that those who disagree with the way Tebow displays his religion are labeled as "anti-Christian." There are many, many Christians that are upset by the way many sports figures, including Tebow, conduct themselves with regard to their faith.

Not endorsing or opposing anything, just commenting on a label I see far too often.

Regardless, this post wins:

I think we need to end the bickering in the this thread and all agree that our QB is Zach Galifiniakas.

:beer:

It's unfortunate that those who disagree with the way Tebow displays his religion are labeled as "anti-Christian." There are many, many Christians that are upset by the way many sports figures, including Tebow, conduct themselves with regard to their faith.

Not endorsing or opposing anything, just commenting on a label I see far too often.

Regardless, this post wins:

:beer:

Look, how this guy practices his faith is his business and should not be subject to our scrutiny. If that's how he sees fit to praise his God, so be it. Just because you don't think it's proper or you think its flashy, tough cookies. That's not your call in terms of his lifestyle, and none of you wrote the book on religion/faith, that's for sure.

What bothers me is that people throw the religion stuff onto the pile when they begin attacking his on-field performance, and use it as a quarry for scorn and mockery. People think Christians are intolerent, yet this is the epitome of intolerance.

Edited by The Kaz

And I adamantly dislike him because he seems to think that God cared if Matt Prater made a kick in a game between the 1-4 Broncos and the 0-5 Dolphins, while meanwhile the entire city of Bangkok is flooded.

Exactly.. if there is a god he surely doesn't give a crap about human life.. let alone football.

No offense to the OP, but I am getting sick of this "Tebowing" thing.

If he were a muslim, you think people would be making fun of him for praying?

I hope he freaking smites all of the haters.

Funny. I'm just getting sick of Tebow. Just like I got sick of Kurt Warner and any athlete that says, "praise be to Allah," before answering the question. Time and a place. Push that crap on people who want to hear it.

Look, how this guy practices his faith is his business and should not be subject to our scrutiny. If that's how he sees fit to praise his God, so be it. Just because you don't think it's proper or you think its flashy, tough cookies. That's not your call in terms of his lifestyle, and none of you wrote the book on religion/faith, that's for sure.

What bothers me is that people throw the religion stuff onto the pile when they begin attacking his on-field performance, and use it as a quarry for scorn and mockery. People think Christians are intolerent, yet this is the epitome of intolerance.

Not intolerant...insufferable.

When it comes to religious beliefs, I think you need to be respectful and tolerant.

What that means is not using a derisive and condescending phrase like "Tebowing."

You can think Tebow is a hypocrite or sanctimonious or a bad QB, but you can't make fun of the guy's religious beliefs.

Totally disrespectful.

And to my original point, if you tried doing that to a muslim, jew, etc., you would be deemed an intolerant bigot.

I don't think people are making fun of his religious beliefs; people are pointing out that he is publicly praying when he knows damn well the cameras are on him. It's obviously his way of "spreading the word," and I find it wrong. I'm not offended by it; I just think it's not the time, place or forum to try to remind everyone viewing that he loves Jesus. I find it pathetic and immature.

I'm waiting for the next time an OT who is beaten for a sack kneels and prays, thanking God for the opportunity to learn from the horrible mistake he just made.

What? You say that never happens? Interesting.

The problem with your view is that to properly believe in Jesus for salvation (which you seem to 'give permission' to others to do) ... It includes not keeping one's faith to one's self. Someone has to risk stepping on the cultural toes of others ... As a believer, I'm happy to assume that risk.

And the problem with your point of view is that it seems to imply that God truly cares about the outcome of a football game. Kind of like the many athletes who feel the urge to praise God in front of the camera and thank him for the victory. I like the humility but think God has more important things to worry about.

Then again, maybe you're right and God is helping out his own cause behind the scenes and is rooting for his own personal fantasy team!

I would like to see a muslim player break out the prayer rug after a great tackle.

THAT would by hysterical.

Here's a little pro tip for you: God doesn't give a **** about your TD pass, your tackle or your interception. I'd like to think he has more important things to worry about than your game on Sunday.

Then again, maybe you're right and God is helping out his own cause behind the scenes and is rooting for his own personal fantasy team!

Stevie Johnson personally called god out after that drop in the Steelers game last year. Obviously god had money on that game.

PTR

How would you feel if a player of another faith made public displays during games? I have a hunch most Christians would find it offensive.

PTR

Your "hunch" is, by defintion, ignorant.

Why you would choose to insult over 500 Million+ people you have never met by demonstrating your ignorance of them is a mystery to say the least.

i just don't get the outrage. is what tebow does so very different from people putting their hand on their heart and taking off their hat for the national anthem? it's ok to honor your country but not your god? i'm a believer but personally wouldn't express my beliefs in tebow's way but i have to question myself why it's so reflexive to show my patriotism in a similar manner. are you folks offended at basketball players crossing themselves before a foul shot? if so, you probably hated little 3 games in the sixties and seventies...happened all the time. live and let live. where is the harm?

btw, i don't think a rib injury to fitz can be ruled out just because he got right up and played. based on the replay he must have bruised, if not fractured ribs. the nfl has seen many players play through this injury and even pneumothoraces (punctured lungs). lets just hope they're only bruised cuz i doubt the bills are gonna let the jets know if they're broke. at any rate, great game by fitz and all the bills.

Edited by birdog1960

Here's a little pro tip for you: God doesn't give a **** about your TD pass, your tackle or your interception. I'd like to think he has more important things to worry about than your game on Sunday.

This. I've never understood "that wide receiver" at the end of the game praising God for his game-winning touchdown. God clearly hated the CB he beat to score that TD. :rolleyes: