Game 6 = Wide Right ???

CSBill

As a lifelong Bills fan, and Texas Rangers fan for the last 30 years (live in Dallas in the mid-80s, use to take my daughter to the Rangers games, we would sit anywhere in the outfield bleachers for $3, and we developed a loyalty from those great memories), I can't help but compare the present Rangers to the Bills of the early 90s.

Especially after that game six--where the baseball gods determined the Cardinals were going to win this thing--it all leaves me with the same sick feeling of "wide right."

But one day, one day, when one of them wins it all !!!

BIlls in 2012 Super Bowl !!!

game six = wide right, oh the pain

:o

As a lifelong Bills fan, and Texas Rangers fan for the last 30 years (live in Dallas in the mid-80s, use to take my daughter to the Rangers games, we would sit anywhere in the outfield bleachers for $3, and we developed a loyalty from those great memories), I can't help but compare the present Rangers to the Bills of the early 90s.

Especially after that game six--where the baseball gods determined the Cardinals were going to win this thing--it all leaves me with the same sick feeling of "wide right."

Karma's a B word in game 6, says this Sabres fan.

When I saw the thread name, I was thinking that you were referring to the sixth game of this season... the Giants game. Fitz threw that second interception and that pretty much ended any hope for a comeback. My heart sank just about as much for that as it did for any other game in recent memory, playoff or otherwise.

I'm in the same boat... Rangers fan since the late 70's and a Local Bills fan. Last year, beating the Yankees was good enough for me. But this yr. was our year.. Great series, but game 6 just killed me... The sad part is I waited for something bad to happen once Feliz came in... You want them to return to the WS, but maybe a yr off will do them good. GO Bills.. GO Rangers....

Is losing 2 straight World Series the same as losing 4 Super Bowls? One thing is for sure: no one in the media will brand the Rangers as choking dogs like they did the Bills.

PTR

Just wait, they still have time. :thumbsup:

Edited by H2o

Sorry about your Rangers. I'm a Phillies fan (similar to you, I went to games at Veterans Stadium starting in the late 90's and loved it) and hate the fact that the Cardinals won it all this year.

I'm not sure that game 6 is exactly the same as Super Bowl 25. Norwood had no choice, he had to go out there and attempt to execute a 47 yard field goal. Even for a professional, that task has a reasonably high failure rate (around 40%).

For the Rangers, the series is won if Cruz decides to sacrifice his body for that catch. It seemed like he purposefully avoided a collision with the wall, and thus allowed the tying double.

My point is that if Cruz plays out of character, the Rangers win.

Is losing 2 straight World Series the same as losing 4 Super Bowls? One thing is for sure: no one in the media will brand the Rangers as choking dogs like they did the Bills.

PTR

I had a friend and fellow SF Giants fan text me after the game. She said she felt sorry for the Rangers (we were both rooting for the Cards) because they've lost two WS in a row. I said "as a Bills fan who has lost four in a row, I don't feel sorry for them at all." Her text back? "oh"

Oh and BTW she's a Redskins fan. :devil:

PTR

If they lose two more World Series they will be just as bad as the Bills.

In retrospect getting to 4 Super Bowls seems more impressive everyday, but losing 4 Super Bowls becomes the standard for failure as time goes on.

I feel sorry for the Rangers and their fans for Game 6. They had the Cards up against the ropes twice and couldn't deal that knockout punch. I'm still wondering how that ball got over Nelson Cruz' head with the outfield in a doubles-prevention set.

I don't feel sorry one bit for Game 7. They did the cowardly thing in intentionally walking Freese and the 2 runs that followed pretty well ended the game.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

If they lose two more World Series they will be just as bad as the Bills.

In retrospect getting to 4 Super Bowls seems more impressive everyday, but losing 4 Super Bowls becomes the standard for failure as time goes on.

Jus timagine when we finally win one. It'll be like the nerd in high school who finally gets laid. Money shots galore lol

Jus timagine when we finally win one. It'll be like the nerd in high school who finally gets laid. Money shots galore lol

Oh, I can only hope! :D

And Cruz, great arm, but not really that good of an outfielder . . . he seems to always misjudge balls and is stretching reaching for balls that should have been easy catches for a major outfielder

Oh my...I thought the same thing!! I am a life long Ranger fan too!!! I'm 58 yrs old.

I have been a Bills fan for 4 yrs because of a friendship with Aussiew. I will add one thing

to this question.... would the 2 chances that my Rangers had to win and didn't be the same as

had Norwood had 2 chances and still missed?

The pain....yes it is pretty bad.....the heart still hurts.....the voice still cracks.....eyes still water

but I move on with the knowledge that there are alot of other baseball fans that would have sold their soul

to have had the honor to go to the World Series TWICE!!! Also...the pain....this is the 2nd round which

doesn't even come close to what Bills fans with 4 in a row. I admire Bills fans even more now!!! I told Aussiew

that all I need it to have my Rangers loose 2 more times and my education of being a Bills fan will be complete.

Oh boo hoo, Dallas fans lost a championship. They just won the NBA title, can't have everything.

It's typical of Dallas fans to act that way...and I am not hating on Cowgirlsfan. I have nothing against Cowgirlsfan, just the rest of Dallas and the bandwagoners across Texas.

Oh boo hoo, Dallas fans lost a championship. They just won the NBA title, can't have everything.

Sound like a fellow Houstonian haha Edited by ACCCINhippo324