BREAKING: Gadhafi/Qaddaffi/Kadafi gets his

Was at the gym watching the video over and over of what I assumed awas just some happy Arabs...kept noticing the guy with the effed up face and then I realized it was him.

Too bad no one was around with a cell phone when Jesus "walked on water." I'd like to see the Youtube comments on that.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, Obama's policy of appealing to the people of the Middle East to stand up for themselves and take the lead in forcing change in their countries, with support from Western democracies, has succeeded. And I'm sure that just bugs the hell out of the neo-cons who want the U.S. to force change like was done in Iraq, with the U.S. taking all the risk, casualties, and cost. Smart talk trumps tough talk.

Once again, Obama's policy of appealing to the people of the Middle East to stand up for themselves and take the lead in forcing change in their countries, with support from Western democracies, has succeeded. And I'm sure that just bugs the hell out of the neo-cons who want the U.S. to force change like was done in Iraq, with the U.S. taking all the risk, casualties, and cost. Smart talk trumps tough talk.

This logic is as plausible as the Mission Accomplished banner when the military campaign was over.

What's your banner going to say?

Hasn't Spain taken over France yet? It is right next door.

They Basque in the glory of a border problem to make it difficult :P

No, not with the loonies running against him :w00t:

This logic is as plausible as the Mission Accomplished banner when the military campaign was over.

"Mission Accomplished, Sorry"

And they actually ARE starting to crow about "mission accomplished". I guess now that Qadaffi's dead, killing Qadaffi is the mission, even though it expressly wasn't six months ago. :rolleyes:

"Mission Accomplished, Sorry"

And they actually ARE starting to crow about "mission accomplished". I guess now that Qadaffi's dead, killing Qadaffi is the mission, even though it expressly wasn't six months ago. :rolleyes:

Not to mention, if we just came out and said "We want to kill Qadaffi and the US is taking the lead," this would have been over 5 1/2 months ago.

I saw a great, simple comment in Politico's Arena: You can't lead from behind and then elbow to the front for applause.

"Smart talk trumps tough talk". Zero American soldiers killed, $1 billion cost, and NATO operations winding down, vs Iraq with over 4000 killed, $700 billion cost, and 8 more years of involvement after "Mission Accomplished". No comparison.

The U.S. lead this operation behind the scenes by organizing a response that included NATO involvement, logistical support and supplies, and the tactical use of drones. This action could never have occurred without the U.S., but it was smartly accomplished by getting the Libyans themselves to handle the ground battles instead of American boots on the ground, so that this wouldn't be viewed as another American invasion like Iraq.

If this had failed, just as if the Bin Laden mission, or any of the other military successes sanctioned by Obama over the past 3 years had failed, Obama haters would have been screaming about his failures as commander-in-chief. And you know that's the truth.

Edited by PastaJoe

"Smart talk trumps tough talk". Zero American soldiers killed, $1 billion cost, and NATO operations winding down, vs Iraq with over 4000 killed, $700 billion cost, and 8 more years of involvement after "Mission Accomplished". No comparison.

The U.S. lead this operation behind the scenes by organizing a response that included NATO involvement, logistical support and supplies, and the tactical use of drones. This action could never have occurred without the U.S., but it was smartly accomplished by getting the Libyans themselves to handle the ground battles instead of American boots on the ground, so that this wouldn't be viewed as another American invasion like Iraq.

If this had failed, just as if the Bin Laden mission, or any of the other military successes sanctioned by Obama over the past 3 years had failed, Obama haters would have been screaming about his failures as commander-in-chief. And you know that's the truth.

How many Libyans dead?

Because while I recognize that people die in war, even innocent people...the mission here was specifically to protect Libyans. Not to overthrow Qadaffi, or "export democracy" to Libya. The administration was really, really clear on that. On even-numbered days, at least.

How many Libyans dead?

Because while I recognize that people die in war, even innocent people...the mission here was specifically to protect Libyans. Not to overthrow Qadaffi, or "export democracy" to Libya. The administration was really, really clear on that. On even-numbered days, at least.

Odds are, you're right.

You might be the most ignorant person I've ever encountered.

How many Libyans dead?

different estimates - low 2,000 high 50,000

Sirte was bombed/shelled extensively- one thing for certain is that they destroyed a hell of a lot of infrastructural, of course the children dying from water born diseases aren't usually counted - people dying in hospitals because of power shortages or lack of supplies who cares.

further who really thinks Gaddafi's death is the end of the blood shed? I doubt it.

Other issues revolve on Constitutional and international law being violated but I find very few people on the left or right who care about the rule of law.

How many Libyans dead?

Brown people don't count.

Also, wonder why all of a sudden, Arab world started standing up to dictators who ruled the roost for half a century? The 2009 Nobel Peace Prize must have inspired them to action.

Brown people don't count.

Also, wonder why all of a sudden, Arab world started standing up to dictators who ruled the roost for half a century? The 2009 Nobel Peace Prize must have inspired them to action.

internet, cell phones, social media and hilariously google maps where they got to have an aerial view of all the palaces, mansions and what not- doctorate college degree professionals get pissed when they make $12,000 a year and live in tiny apartments when royalty or the politically connected doing very little live in mansions.

internet, cell phones, social media and hilariously google maps where they got to have an aerial view of all the palaces, mansions and what not- doctorate college degree professionals get pissed when they make $12,000 a year and live in tiny apartments when royalty or the politically connected doing very little live in mansions.

lybob has a point there. Its the damn twitter, social media and internet responsible for the sudden uprisings. Just look at how hostile and worked up we get here at TBD discussing football. Now imagine getting into it with Dave in Norfolk except when you leave your computer in disgust you're in a 3rd world nation, its 140 degrees F, you've got sand in every orifice, and you can't drink, screw or gamble. Pretty sure after 2 weeks of that I would tie a piece of cinder block to my head and go join the nearest angry mob too.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2011/feb/03/egypt-protesters-head-protection-helmets#/?picture=371390039&index=2