Patrick Willis

Wow, did anybody see that? What an impressive guy. If you get the chance, tape the E60 episode and ask yourself, what the hell do I have to complain about?

On a side note, HE WAS ALMOST A BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wallbash:

I know him personally and he's a great kid... by far one of the most humble people I know.

And he has no idea how good he is.

Wow, did anybody see that? What an impressive guy. If you get the chance, tape the E60 episode and ask yourself, what the hell do I have to complain about?

I saw the end of it. His dad sounded like a real jerk. He still does not think he did anything wrong to this day.

As far as Willis, pretty impressive. I wanted the bills to pick him so bad that draft & was bummed when SF took him a spot before us. Of course we would of probably f*cked it up anyways & took the dipsh*t Lynch even if Willis was available. I seem to recall the Bills brass after the draft stating something like they had Poz rated higher then Willis. What a dumb statement to make right after the draft before either of them even had one practice.

I saw the end of it. His dad sounded like a real jerk. He still does not think he did anything wrong to this day.

As far as Willis, pretty impressive. I wanted the bills to pick him so bad that draft & was bummed when SF took him a spot before us. Of course we would of probably f*cked it up anyways & took the dipsh*t Lynch even if Willis was available. I seem to recall the Bills brass after the draft stating something like they had Poz rated higher then Willis. What a dumb statement to make right after the draft before either of them even had one practice.

You're right, they should have been all over praising the player SF drafted, talking about how great he is and how the Bills had to settle for a lesser player instead.

Unless you believe Marv Levy who after the draft said Puz was higher on their draft board than Willis. :blink:

You are correct and it was Marv Levy.

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

You're right, they should have been all over praising the player SF drafted, talking about how great he is and how the Bills had to settle for a lesser player instead.

I am not saying they had to gush over Willis but they certainly did not have to justify the Poz pick by stating they had him rated higher then a guy like Willis, who pretty much everybody had as the consensus top LB going into the draft. They are either lying or that just goes to show you how stupid they were.

Unless you believe Marv Levy who after the draft said Puz was higher on their draft board than Willis. :blink:

You are correct and it was Marv Levy.

Awh Marv, wish you hadn't tarnished your legacy as one of the more significant Bills figures in the franchises success.... I was really surprised at how poorly the draft picks and coaching staff turned out under him watch as a GM. Polian was clearly the real man behind the curtain

I seem to recall Marv saying somethign like 'We went into the draft with 3 players we really wanted, and when it was our pick, all 3 were still on the board, and we took our top guy.'

I took that to mean they had Lynch not only rated above Willis, but J Thomas and A. Peterson too. WTF Bills FO?

I seem to recall Marv saying somethign like 'We went into the draft with 3 players we really wanted, and when it was our pick, all 3 were still on the board, and we took our top guy.'

I took that to mean they had Lynch not only rated above Willis, but J Thomas and A. Peterson too. WTF Bills FO?

Perhaps they made that statement based on the fact that it was pretty 100% a few of those guys would be gone?

I am not saying they had to gush over Willis but they certainly did not have to justify the Poz pick by stating they had him rated higher then a guy like Willis, who pretty much everybody had as the consensus top LB going into the draft. They are either lying or that just goes to show you how stupid they were.

I'd hope lying. Which is no crime. They don't owe us the truth there.

If we'd only lost one more meaningless game the previous season...

I know, it's painful to think about. We basically knew we were going RB or LB at the top of that draft and there was a once in a generation talent at both positions that year and we just barely missed em. But that's just how life was for Bills fans back in the 2000s.

Reminds me of picking Maybin over Orakpo

Awh Marv, wish you hadn't tarnished your legacy as one of the more significant Bills figures in the franchises success.... I was really surprised at how poorly the draft picks and coaching staff turned out under him watch as a GM. Polian was clearly the real man behind the curtain

its so true. the tin man always had heart, scare crow brains, and lion courage. kelly bruce and thurman had all the tools to be successful. looking back a bit, especially after he tarnished his rep after coming back to set the franchise back a decade, it becomes clear.

also note indy with the change over to caldwell. without peyton that team is doo-doo. and neither dungy nor caldwell could dig them out of that hole. there are teams that coaches lift up, those bills and these colts are not examples

its so true. the tin man always had heart, scare crow brains, and lion courage. kelly bruce and thurman had all the tools to be successful. looking back a bit, especially after he tarnished his rep after coming back to set the franchise back a decade, it becomes clear.

also note indy with the change over to caldwell. without peyton that team is doo-doo. and neither dungy nor caldwell could dig them out of that hole. there are teams that coaches lift up, those bills and these colts are not examples

you would think that someone like Saint polian would have built a team that is more then just a QB. NE didn't go winless when brady went down and Cassel came in a couple years ago.....