Hillary Clinton

Juror#8

The talk around the coffee table is that an Obama/Clinton 2012 ticket is being discussed....seriously.

The info seems reliable enough and it comes from a solid voice. Justification is that she won significant margins amongst the Hispanic, senior citizen, working-class white, and female constituencies in the primaries. Also, she received 17.5 million votes...many of whom didn't transition support to Obama's team (at least to according to polling taken circa June, 2008).

Her approval rating is at about 70%, and she is seen as someone who can influence policy. Her relationship with her husband is considered a net positive and she has legislative and international diplomatic experience.

Any thoughts, ideas or criticisms?

The talk around the coffee table is that an Obama/Clinton 2012 ticket is being discussed....seriously.

The info seems reliable enough and it comes from a solid voice. Justification is that she won significant margins amongst the Hispanic, senior citizen, working-class white, and female constituencies in the primaries. Also, she received 17.5 million votes...many of whom didn't transition support to Obama's team (at least to according to polling taken circa June, 2008).

Her approval rating is at about 70%, and she is seen as someone who can influence policy. Her relationship with her husband is considered a net positive and she has legislative and international diplomatic experience.

Any thoughts, ideas or criticisms?

It's hard for me to imagine a Republican ticket bad enough to make me vote for ANY Democratic ticket with a Clinton on it.

Never mind that I strongly disagree with her views...since I became of voting age, I've seen 20 years of Bush or Clinton in the White House. If we put either of those two clans anywhere near the White House again, we may as well just give up and declare ourselves a monarchy.

It's hard for me to imagine a Republican ticket bad enough to make me vote for ANY Democratic ticket with a Clinton on it.

Never mind that I strongly disagree with her views...since I became of voting age, I've seen 20 years of Bush or Clinton in the White House. If we put either of those two clans anywhere near the White House again, we may as well just give up and declare ourselves a monarchy.

As opposed to the Adams, Roosevelt & Kennedy clans?

The more things change.

I was having this conversation with my father shortly after the Bills mismanaged the last 4 minutes of yesterdays game. I told my father that this administration is the most politically motivated administration I have seen in my adult life and that I wouldn't put it past them to convince Hillary to get on the ticket once they realize that Romney and Rubio are pulling away from them in the polls. I believe it has at least a 30% chance of happening.

Will they still keep Joe Biden around for comic relief?

Biden's job will be to get piss drunk and sit in a big fluffy chair next to Obama and add "rape and murders" to the end of all Barry's sentences and then laugh hysterically. The Ed McMahon to Obama's Carson.

• Haha (+1) 1

After reading Obama's latest campaign speeches today, it's impossible to watch the current POTUS and think Hillary would want anything to do with this guy beyond her current gig.

As a idiot himself, Biden has no problem listening to a guy like Obama suggest the Senate didn't pass his jobs bill because “maybe they couldn’t understand the whole thing at once," but I somehow think Hillary is above that kind of child's play. Not to mention, Hillary is probably smart enough to know how poorly Obama is currently viewed by most of the US. She's probably wise to wait until 2016 because Obama needs her more than she needs Obama, and she's smart enough to realize Obama is pretty useless at this point. She stands to lose more than he'd gain by joining him on the ticket.

It really has to be a difficult time to admit being a liberal these days. It's got to be a lot like admitting your favorite movies are "Young Guns," "Major League" and "Red Dawn" and then realizing they all feature Charlie Sheen in a lead role.

• Like (+1) 1

It really has to be a difficult time to admit being a liberal these days. It's got to be a lot like admitting your favorite movies are "Young Guns," "Major League" and "Red Dawn" and then realizing they all feature Charlie Sheen in a lead role.

Wolverines > Winning

I think I see a Romney/Cain ticket on the horizon.

I think there is a red dawn remake coming out in the near future which will be a great day for America. I guess this time its those pesky north Koreans who invade

That would be an awesome movie. The North Koreans arrive via a flotilla of crudely made rafts, looking for food an amnesty. Instead aging members of the brat pack fill them full of lead. It will be a massacre.

• 11 years later...

Deflection

This type of defensiveness as a coping skill is commonly used to divert the focus or blame away from ourselves. While the manifestation of deflection can vary considerably, there are a couple of common themes that tend to be associated with this behavior. The first is denial. In psychology, denial refers to the avoidance of unacceptable or unpleasant thoughts or feelings. A person in denial is failing to recognize or accept apparent truths about a situation, or their feelings regarding a situation. The concept of denial is at the center of many maladaptive defense mechanisms, including deflection and projection.

Another common theme behind deflection is blaming others, or blame-shifting. Blame-shifting refers to "passing the buck", or finding any reason to justify the conclusion that another person is ultimately responsible for an undesired outcome rather than oneself. When shifting blame, an individual may be experiencing denial about their own level of personal responsibility and will deflect the unacceptable thought—that they are the reason for the failure or mistake—away by attributing the blame to someone else.