[closed]Wow - stupidity squared

vegas55

I love Chan and Fitzgerald but this was a horrific coaching job. Several occasions on third and one we run the ball right into the teeth of an eight man line. With the game under control, 4 minutes to go, ball in Giant territory, first down, with even the most unsophisticated fan knowing that you control the ball and score with minimum time left for the giants to respond, the choice is to throw to the end zone, risk the the interception. Even if the play was successful, it gave the Giants all kinds of time to respond

Just a terrible coaching job today. Run the ball unsuccessfully on third and one, throw the ball on first down at the end of the game when you absolutely needed to run the ball and kill the clock.

I love Chan and Fitzgerald but this was a horrific coaching job. Several occasions on third and one we run the ball right into the teeth of an eight man line. With the game under control, 4 minutes to go, ball in Giant territory, first down, with even the most unsophisticated fan knowing that you control the ball and score with minimum time left for the giants to respond, the choice is to throw to the end zone, risk the the interception. Even if the play was successful, it gave the Giants all kinds of time to respond

Just a terrible coaching job today. Run the ball unsuccessfully on third and one, throw the ball on first down at the end of the game when you absolutely needed to run the ball and kill the clock.

Sadly, I have to agree in general, although the play to Johnson was there, Fitz just under threw the ball (again).

Yep Chan under threw SJ 2 times not Fitz

Fitz is at fault too, but that is a pretty tight fit in that situation. If its over thrown its out of bounds or incomplete and the clock stops. If its under thrown its picked. the play there was run the ball and eat time, I don't care if Stevie was open by 10 yards. The way the defense was playing, you kill as much of the lock as possible. Try for 7 and take the 3 if you need to. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valour.

Don't mind the passing there because Fred wasn't getting much but the big run but it should have been short throws to work the clock. How about Fitz getting sacked to go out of field goal range, that was a real killer, would have kept us into overtime.

Don't mind the passing there? The last thing the Bills needed there was a quick score ( see New England game ). There was not one reason at all to throw for a quick score. What the heck are you thinking - worse - what was Fitz or Gailey thinking ?

Don't mind the passing there because Fred wasn't getting much but the big run but it should have been short throws to work the clock. How about Fitz getting sacked to go out of field goal range, that was a real killer, would have kept us into overtime.

No guarantee the field goal would have been made. So glad we rested everyone. I hope it helps us later on.

Don't mind the passing there? The last thing the Bills needed there was a quick score ( see New England game ). There was not one reason at all to throw for a quick score. What the heck are you thinking - worse - what was Fitz or Gailey thinking ?

The more I read the negatives on " the call" to go deep on first late with around 4 min left in the game, the more convinced I am that the call was a correct one. The play was there. Stevie beat his man of the line. All that remained was a professional throw and we got a high scholl lolly pop.

The more I read the negatives on " the call" to go deep on first late with around 4 min left in the game, the more convinced I am that the call was a correct one. The play was there. Stevie beat his man of the line. All that remained was a professional throw and we got a high scholl lolly pop.

There is no question the play was there. I can't fathom the low IQ of someone who would think that scoring a quick TD and giving the ball back to the giants rather than killing time and scoring with little time left was the proper strategy. But low IQ response are the norm for this board.

There is no question the play was there. I can't fathom the low IQ of someone who would think that scoring a quick TD and giving the ball back to the giants rather than killing time and scoring with little time left was the proper strategy. But low IQ response are the norm for this board.

totally agree. the bills defense had been gashed to no end, and yes a Stevie TD wouldve been nice, but if we get that clock down to 1:00 or 1:30 and have them waste TOs, we probably win.

Fitz is at fault too, but that is a pretty tight fit in that situation.

Tight fit? Stevie had 3 steps on the DB. That's an easy TD throw. Same for that other int too - it might not have been a TD but Stevie had 3 steps on the db on that play as well.

I'm not going to put the entire game on Fitz's shoulders but he did make several poor plays that cost the Bills. So did the D who can't come up with big stops unless they get a turnover. Florence was horrible and the D couldn't stop the run when it actually mattered (just like in Cincy...)

Also agree with questioning the play-calling on several key plays. Why throw long with under 4 minutes left just outside the 20 yard line? Run the ball, throw short passes, run time off the clock and hopefully put the ball in the endzone with under a minute left.

Well corrected - it is Fitzpatrick - now do you have an actual football take or are you too stupid to discuss football versus spelling.

Um, thats not a misspelling, thats just flat out the wrong name...a misspelling would be Fitspatrik...you got his name completely wrong...

Fitting in a thread you titled Stupidity Squared you call our QB of the last 3 years by a completely different name...lmao

Edited by Alphadawg7

Um, thats not a misspelling, thats just flat out the wrong name...a misspelling would be Fitspatrik...you got his name completely wrong...

Fitting in a thread you titled Stupidity Squared you call our QB of the last 3 years by a completely different name...lmao

Wow - yet another insightful football take

Seems like a good time to close this one now that the OP is once again starting to call people stupid.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.