Bills Scouts at Oregon-ASU and BYU-Oregon St.

Astrobot

DraftTek has been informed that Bills scouts are going to be at the BYU-Oregon State game and the Oregon-Arizona St. game this weekend. Also Miami-North Carolina. Here's who to watch, in order of likelihood of them becoming a Bill (IMHO):

--------------------------------------

OSU

Lance Mitchell S #10, probably their top playmaker on defense, extremely athletic

James Rodgers WR #1, only 5'7", 2 knee surgeries, but #2 in the nation for all-purpose yards

Joe Halahuni FB-TE #87, big receiving target, 9 starts, 10 TD's, more the H-back type

BYU

Matt Reynolds OT #70, older guy since he's completed his mission.

Oregon

Kenny Rowe DE/OLB #58 - one of my favorite Ducks!

Mark Asper, RT #79

Eddie Pleasant, SS #11 - savvy, impressive vs. Boise St.

David Paulson, TE #42 - tall, good receiver, caught 3 vs Auburn in the BCS champ.

Brandon Bair DE #88 - tweener type but most likely a 3-4 DE

Josh Kaddu SLB #56 - I don't see him being drafted, possibly UDFA

James, LaMichael RB #21 (Won't play due to elbow injury)

ASU

Gerell Robinson WR #8 Tall (6'4") wide receiver, quick, elusive

Garth Gerhart C #52 knock on him is he's 6'1"--see what you think

Vontaze Burfict OLB/ILB, may be him and Luck off the board first, char issues, long gone

Omar Bolden CB, #3 (won't play)

Miami

Travis Benjamin WR #3 - 17 yards per catch for 3 years, plus punt returner

Jacory Harris QB #12 - improving mobile quarterback

North Carolina

Quintin Coples, DE #90 -the next player to draw comparisons to Peppers, 6’6”, 285 disruptor

Dwight Jones WR 6'4, 220 pounds, raw, inconsistent, but promising

Donte Paige-Moss DE - burst, great use of hands,more bull rusher than edge sealer

Zach Brown OLB #47 -6-2, 232 - instincts, read skill, quickness may move him above RD2

Thx Astro - great info, as always.

Some interesting prospects (and a few thugs) on that list. Lance Mitchell looks like one tough Beaver, and I always like 'old' guys like BYU's Matt Reynolds (especially when they're 6' 6" and 325 lbs) - who could have come out last April and been someone's 2nd round pick, but decided his education was important . I'd avoid ASU's Vontaze Burfict like the plague - guy looks like a future recidivist in the making, but Gerell Robinson would fit right perfectly with the Bills 6th/7th round WR corps. NC's Quinton Coples will be long-gone by the time we pick, but Dwight Jones seems to be the big, tall receving target the Bills prefer these days.

Quick question - do you usually know (or receive notice) which games the Bills are scouting? (Possibly on their way home they'll stop in Tucson next Thursday to see Arizona QB Nick Foles against UCLA? I've seen him pegged anywhere from 1st to 4th round.)

(BTW - Oregon's Kenny Rowe came out in 2011, was signed as an undrafted FA by the 49ers, and is now playing for the Saskatchewan Roughriders - link)

Some interesting prospects (and a few thugs) on that list. Lance Mitchell looks like one tough Beaver, and I always like 'old' guys like BYU's Matt Reynolds (especially when they're 6' 6" and 325 lbs) - who could have come out last April and been someone's 2nd round pick, but decided his education was important . I'd avoid ASU's Vontaze Burfict like the plague - guy looks like a future recidivist in the making, but Gerell Robinson would fit right perfectly with the Bills 6th/7th round WR corps. NC's Quinton Coples will be long-gone by the time we pick, but Dwight Jones seems to be the big, tall receving target the Bills prefer these days.

Gerell Robinson is a great athlete who makes a lot of nice catches and drops just as many as he grabs. I'm not sure that can be taught. If he drops the dropsies, he could be a good player. I wouldn't go near him.

I would LOVE Burfict on the Bills. Eventually, he will get his over-aggression on the field under control. He's a lot better this year with it than he has been in the past, although he has still made about three really dumb unnecessary roughness penalties. He's such a great player, and hitter, and he really doesn't come across to me as a thug, even though sometimes he's out of control. I have seen every game he has played, being an ASU fan. At times he's infuriating but he's not uncoachable, and I don't think he's a jerk.

But a lot of the blame needs to be put on Dennis Erickson. The entire team is out of control and they are the least disciplined team I've ever seen. They get double digit penalties (almost always at terrible times) all the time.

They're good though. Osweiler the QB is growing into quite a passer. Should be a fun, tough game against Oregon tonight, although I predict the Ducks to squeak by.

Gerell Robinson is a great athlete who makes a lot of nice catches and drops just as many as he grabs. I'm not sure that can be taught. If he drops the dropsies, he could be a good player. I wouldn't go near him.

I would LOVE Burfict on the Bills. Eventually, he will get his over-aggression on the field under control. He's a lot better this year with it than he has been in the past, although he has still made about three really dumb unnecessary roughness penalties. He's such a great player, and hitter, and he really doesn't come across to me as a thug, even though sometimes he's out of control. I have seen every game he has played, being an ASU fan. At times he's infuriating but he's not uncoachable, and I don't think he's a jerk.

But a lot of the blame needs to be put on Dennis Erickson. The entire team is out of control and they are the least disciplined team I've ever seen. They get double digit penalties (almost always at terrible times) all the time.

They're good though. Osweiler the QB is growing into quite a passer. Should be a fun, tough game against Oregon tonight, although I predict the Ducks to squeak by.

I'll take your word for it on Burfict - but personally I'd much rather have someone like Dont'a Hightower...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAzvrSZ3_8E

DraftTek has been informed that Bills scouts are going to be at the BYU-Oregon State game and the Oregon-Arizona St. game this weekend. Also Miami-North Carolina. Here's who to watch, in order of likelihood of them becoming a Bill (IMHO):

OSU

Lance Mitchell S #10, probably their top playmaker on defense, extremely athletic

James Rodgers WR #1, only 5'7", 2 knee surgeries, but #2 in the nation for all-purpose yards

Joe Halahuni FB-TE #87, big receiving target, 9 starts, 10 TD's, more the H-back type

BYU

Oregon

Mark Asper, RT #79

David Paulson, TE #42 - tall, good receiver, caught 3 vs Auburn in the BCS champ.

ASU

Vontaze Burfict OLB/ILB, may be him and Luck off the board first, char issues, long gone

Miami

North Carolina

Quintin Coples, DE #90 -the next player to draw comparisons to Peppers, 6’6”, 285 disruptor

Donte Paige-Moss DE - burst, great use of hands,more bull rusher than edge sealer

Zach Brown OLB #47 -6-2, 232 - instincts, read skill, quickness may move him above RD2

well you know we'll draft every North Carolina player we can, there's four picks right there

OSU

BYU

Oregon

Mark Asper, RT #79

ASU

Miami

North Carolina

Miami's Lamar Miller. THE MOST explosive runner in the ACC. Well worth offloading CJ Spiller.

Word on the street is they are really scouting QB Brock Osweiler. Dude goes 6'8" and he's a very good athlete. A cold weather boy that hails from Montana. He's a Jr., but seems to have nit his stride and having a pretty good season witha 147 qb rating and completing 66% of his passes

Word on the street is they are really scouting QB Brock Osweiler. Dude goes 6'8" and he's a very good athlete. A cold weather boy that hails from Montana. He's a Jr., but seems to have nit his stride and having a pretty good season witha 147 qb rating and completing 66% of his passes

Osweiler has been excellent this year. He has a strong arm, and he is very, very good at hitting guys right in stride so they keep running full speed, especially backs out of the backfield. These are not easy throws at all and he makes them all game long. He can also throw deep. Seems like a good kid, too. He was supposed to start as a freshman, and then a juco transfer started the last two years instead. Now is his turn and he's ready. Be interesting to see what he does up in Oregon tonight. It's a hard place to play.

Osweiler has been excellent this year. He has a strong arm, and he is very, very good at hitting guys right in stride so they keep running full speed, especially backs out of the backfield. These are not easy throws at all and he makes them all game long. He can also throw deep. Seems like a good kid, too. He was supposed to start as a freshman, and then a juco transfer started the last two years instead. Now is his turn and he's ready. Be interesting to see what he does up in Oregon tonight. It's a hard place to play.

He's looking pretty good against the Ducks, so far.

Yeah, he's looking real good. And Burfict already has two unnecessary roughness penalties. ;)

Eh, I like Burfict's intensity though. The first one was obvious, second one was because he is Burfict. Reminds me a lot of Ray Lewis(who killed a guy). Burfict is gonna be one hell of a MLB, IMO.

Brandon Bair graduated(?) last year and was drafted(?) by the Chiefs. I don't know the details and don't feel like looking them up but we (Ducks) sure could use him this year, defense needs some help!

Our entire draft minus a OT and RB was all defense and yet you feel this defense needs help from the draft...The Bills will get to see what Troup, Carrington, Sheppard, Batten and Marcel can do for them as starters. Buddy's guys will be on the field.

Thx Astro - great info, as always.

Quick question - do you usually know (or receive notice) which games the Bills are scouting? (Possibly on their way home they'll stop in Tucson next Thursday to see Arizona QB Nick Foles against UCLA? I've seen him pegged anywhere from 1st to 4th round.)

(BTW - Oregon's Kenny Rowe came out in 2011, was signed as an undrafted FA by the 49ers, and is now playing for the Saskatchewan Roughriders - link)

If you have Twitter (or don't and just want a heads up) if you Follow Chris Steuber, he'll post where each of the teams send their scouts as soon as he knows about it. Best way to keep track. Chris Steuber on Twitter