Brandon Lloyd In Buffalo?

Sniper

Float out a conditional 4th that bumps up to a 3rd if the Bills make the playoffs. No more then that if Gailey feels its a fit go for it but it would clearly be a rental and giving up a gauranteed third or more would be too much.

I don't think Denver would take a 4th and I don't think a conditional 4th that could turn into a 3rd would be much better. But its the only logical offer you could make them.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps. It's really just a school of thought. Other GMs, very successful ones, don't value them as much as Buddy does, although they all value them a lot. Buddy comes from being a scout. That's his career. He values draft picks more than other GMs. To me, if you look at not only the Bills #4 draft choices over the years, but the league as a whole, it's a terrible percentage of good players.

Buddy, I'd imagine, would say we got a helluva player in Chris Hairston, and a helluva player in Marcus Easley, who was just unfortunate.

There isn't one successful GM that doesn't value draft picks.

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi strongly believes that Brandon Lloyd will be traded prior to Tuesday's deadline.

"What I find humorous, is that they said they'll take a 3, 4, or 5 (round draft pick)," said Lombardi on Around the League Friday. "Well if I was a general manager, why would I offer anything but a sixth-round pick for the guy." Lombardi named Tennessee, Carolina, and St. Louis as possible destinations. "I think there's a 90 percent chance he's not a Bronco (next week). They should have traded him before the season started."

rotoworld

offer a 5th or 6th imo, we r not going to resign him

I don't see that happening. Even if it did I think I'd still rather have Lloyd. There is no doubt Wayne has talent, but is he really THAT good? Or were all of his great stats a result of being Manning's receiver for his whole career?...

I think Lloyd is more well rounded, and would fit in perfectly to our offense.

Are you serious? Wayne is a borderline HOF candidate, has 7 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons and over 800 catches for his career. Lloyd had 260 catches and one, 1,000 yard season.

I changed my mind about him, he's averaging 5 catches and 70 yards a game in a bad offense. Although hes not gettin in the end zone that could change

He could help in the run for the playoffs, then re-evaluate at years end depending on how things go with Easley and Stevie, for the right price. Although if for some strange reason the Colts were ready to sever ties with RW that would be option #1.

Not really, esp. if we get rid of our later 4th round pick. Few players drafted that late have gone onto have the sucess Lloyd has.

Buddy does this professionally. He is far more qualified to appraise the value of a pick than some internet message board mob.

I don't like the idea. The Bills are in need of a deep threat; however pull from what we have. The players have been stepping up since last year. If you bring in a Lloyd or Wanye in the middle of the season you are basically telling the team no one on the squad is good enough to step up. The way this team is designed, that would destroy the confidence of the team.

I don't like the idea. The Bills are in need of a deep threat; however pull from what we have. The players have been stepping up since last year. If you bring in a Lloyd or Wanye in the middle of the season you are basically telling the team no one on the squad is good enough to step up. The way this team is designed, that would destroy the confidence of the team.

Not really, to me it says-

we have been hit hard at WR with inijuries,

we also think we have a team here that can make a run into the playoffs.

Oh and by the way we haven't been to the playoffs in over a decade. Wouldn't it be nice to give our fans something to cheer about in January?

To who? The rest of the team working its butt off to win?

Do you care if Ruvell Martin's skills are questioned?

We have 3 HURT RECEIVERS.

Shirley, you can't be serious? And yes, I will call you Shirley.

Not really, to me it says-

we have been hit hard at WR with inijuries,

we also think we have a team here that can make a run into the playoffs.

Oh and by the way we haven't been to the playoffs in over a decade. Wouldn't it be nice to give our fans something to cheer about in January?

To who? The rest of the team working its butt off to win?

Do you care if Ruvell Martin's skills are questioned?

We have 3 HURT RECEIVERS.

Shirley, you can't be serious? And yes, I will call you Shirley.

The confidence and chemistry of this team has been very carefully crafted. Bringing in any new guy, particularly a veteran in the middle of the season, always carries this kind of risk. That doesn't mean that we absolutely shouldn't do it, just that its a concern that we can only hope Buddy is taking more seriously than you guys are.

The confidence and chemistry of this team has been very carefully crafted. Bringing in any new guy, particularly a veteran in the middle of the season, always carries this kind of risk. That doesn't mean that we absolutely shouldn't do it, just that its a concern that we can only hope Buddy is taking more seriously than you guys are.

They brought in Kirk Morrison late, when Torbor went down. He hasn't had to play much, but he was precisely the kind of player and person and leader that Buddy and Chan want. If the player fans want to bring in are just good players but jerks or not the type that Buddy wants, there is zero chance that he will bring them in. If they are great leaders, practice players, locker room guys, etc, who can also play, then not only will he consider it, but it has virtually no chance of ruining any team chemistry or confidence. They will love the guy because just like them, he's doing all he can for the team and not himself.

I don't think he is going to make a move. If he does it will be to bring up Aiken. I doubt very much he will bring in a guy like Lloyd or Wayne.

I don't think he is going to make a move. If he does it will be to bring up Aiken. I doubt very much he will bring in a guy like Lloyd or Wayne.

You're probably right.. Jones will be back for the stretch, Let a young player play who knows the terminology.

Next April draft a receiver or two.

You're probably right.. Jones will be back for the stretch, Let a young player play who knows the terminology.

Next April draft a receiver or two.

Sure that might be a good idea. If we are trying to make a playoff push, we need that true compliment to Steve Johnson.

Donald Jones is not it. He is a strong role player.

Bringing in Wayne or Lloyd shows the team/fans/league that we are serious about winning. Its a ll a confidence issue. Some thinks it hurts confidence, I think it helps it.