Brandon Lloyd In Buffalo?

Sniper

It would be a good fit in a football sense as we need a #2 to line up on the outside, who has the versatility to both go over the middle and to go deep.

The economics, however, make me think this will not happen. Just doesn't make sense for us to give up a 3rd rounder for a 30-year-old WR on the final year of his deal when we have so many contracts we already need to re-do. I don't think there's enough money to go around to give Lloyd a new deal, and the asking price is too high to bring him in as a 1-year rental.

Makes a lot of sense for Washington, they lack playmakers.

But I thought Ralph was cheap?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've all heard the TO thing. It may be a better choice because he is familiar with the offense, he loves Buffalo, and we wouldnt have to trade any picks to aquire him. Lloyd wouldnt bother me unless we give up too much to aquire him.

How does TO know this offense?

If they beat the Giants and are 5-1, then they would have to seriously consider a rent a player move like this. Denver may want a 2nd, but also realize that the team they potentially trade him to gets him for 10 games (and they may only have him 10 games). I bet they could get him for a 5.

Making a move like this would send a great message to the team and the league that the Bills are serious about being a winner and are going for the playoffs now.

What other decent WRs are out there on bad teams that may be available?

Not sure how avaiable he is, but Bernard Berrian was a healthy scratch last game for Minny. Seems he and Frazier are butting heads.

You start looking for WR help when your existing guys can't get open, aren't team players, or dog it on the field with poor blocking or not finishing routes etc.

Im just not seeing that at all right now. We don't need more leadership and we definitely don't need a locker room !@#$. I think you hafta trust Fitz and Chan when they say we can still run our packages successfully despite the injuries.

Stevie namaan nelson spiller chandler n freddy can all catch n run and block. We r OK boys, let Lloyd go show some other team why Denver wanted him gone....

The rumor is they want a 2nd, and wouldn't move him for less than a 3rd.

Nope, not even close to worth the long-term damage it could cause our rebuilding team. Lloyd retires and then we are a draft pick short, and a receiver short, when we could have been playing someone else. It's stupid anyway- it's not like our #2 is gone forever, he's just injured.

Edited by BringBackFlutie

Brandon LLoyd is a solid veteran who still has gas in the tank. The one handed catch last Sunday that is constantly being replayed in the highlights seems to confirm that. He and Stevie as the "starters" with David Nelson coming in in 3 WR sets would be nice.

The problem is what do you do with all of our injured WRs? We have Donald Jones, Marcus Easley and Roscoe Parrish that are all going to be out a few weeks and the last 2 the season? Easley is fast and has ALL the measureables, Jones was good enough to be named the #2 and Roscoe although he will never play more than 8 games a season was becoming a valuable member of the WR core and served a great purpose as a speedy inside slot guy that LB and safeties couldn't keep up with.

I wonder if there would be any players involved? David Nelson played his college ball in Florida with Tebow so that would be a very logical pairing in my opinion. I wouldn't want to let go of Nelson though and it wouldn't actually help our WR numbers trading away one of the few healthy promising young guys we have for a 30 year old guy.

If we get Lloyd somebody is getting cut or traded away by next year. It could just be the ebb and flow of the game but I think the passing offense has taken a hit the last 2 weeks because of our WR dropping like flies.

Edited by PDaDdy

Brandon LLoyd is a solid veteran who still has gas in the tank. The one handed catch last Sunday that is constantly being replayed in the highlights seems to confirm that. He and Stevie as the "starters" with David Nelson coming in in 3 WR sets would be nice.

The problem is what do you do with all of our injured WRs? We have Donald Jones, Marcus Easley and Roscoe Parrish that are all going to be out a few weeks and the last 2 the season? Easley is fast and has ALL the measureables, Jones was good enough to be named the #2 and Roscoe although he will never play more than 8 games a season was becoming a valuable member of the WR core and served a great purpose as a speedy inside slot guy that LB and safeties couldn't keep up with.

I wonder if there would be any players involved? David Nelson played his college ball in Florida with Tebow so that would be a very logical pairing in my opinion. I wouldn't want to let go of Nelson though and it wouldn't actually help our WR numbers trading away one of the few healthy promising young guys we have for a 30 year old guy.

If we get Lloyd somebody is getting cut or traded away by next year. It could just be the ebb and flow of the game but I think the passing offense has taken a hit the last 2 weeks because of our WR dropping like flies.

I doubt Parrish is in Buffalo next year. Easley is an after-thought at this point as he has never played a down in a regular season-game. Lloyd seems like a Gailey/Fitzpatrick fit as he gets open and catches everything. Don't know anything about the guy's character and how he'd fit in the locker room, but from a playing stand-point, he'd be a good fit .

I doubt Parrish is in Buffalo next year. Easley is an after-thought at this point as he has never played a down in a regular season-game. Lloyd seems like a Gailey/Fitzpatrick fit as he gets open and catches everything. Don't know anything about the guy's character and how he'd fit in the locker room, but from a playing stand-point, he'd be a good fit .

I agree. I love Roscoe and how it seemed he was starting to be used and get a hold of Gailey's scheme but if you aren't healthy you aren't useful. He is just too small for the NFL to be able to play a meaningful number of downs. I HATE the fact that Easily gets hurt and just the right time and will basically be a 3rd year rookie who has never had a full off season or played any significant time in the regular season if he has played any at all.

LLoyd could be a great fit....for a time.

I agree. I love Roscoe and how it seemed he was starting to be used and get a hold of Gailey's scheme but if you aren't healthy you aren't useful. He is just too small for the NFL to be able to play a meaningful number of downs. I HATE the fact that Easily gets hurt and just the right time and will basically be a 3rd year rookie who has never had a full off season or played any significant time in the regular season if he has played any at all.

LLoyd could be a great fit....for a time.

Roscoe's health is repeatedly linked to his size as compared to others in the NFL. It's funny, however, to note that all of his injuries tend to be self-inflicted. He fell on his wrist and broke it. He stepped wrong on his ankle and sprained it. The guy isn't too small- more like he's 90 years old and can't handle a slip on the ice.

Roscoe's health is repeatedly linked to his size as compared to others in the NFL. It's funny, however, to note that all of his injuries tend to be self-inflicted. He fell on his wrist and broke it. He stepped wrong on his ankle and sprained it. The guy isn't too small- more like he's 90 years old and can't handle a slip on the ice.

Some of them have been but I think it all stems from his size and his fragility. Whatever the reason he doesn't play many games.

As a side note Scheffler listed a Reggie Wayne trade to the Bills as a transaction that should take place but probably won't. Imo the cupboard is getting bare and we literally wouldn't be able to afford another WR inury. As it is we only have 3 guys that are healthy and have names I know. It's a little tough to run 4 and 5 WR sets when you only have 3 WRs that know the offense.

These formations are a large part of our success. We need bodies in a big way.