Brandon Lloyd In Buffalo?

Sniper

its not an ive heard of him response. but instead of trading for anybody with our wr woes, i would much rather approach TO. he is familiar with fitz sign him for the season and never again. just a stop gap guy while we wait for injuries. whats the worst that can happen, he plays poorly, that wont be worse than the 10th guy on the depth chart (that might actually be true).

Didn't he just try to commit suicide again or am I mistaken?

Regardless, he's coming off major knee surgery and probably couldn't pass a physical.

I think he recently returned from Korea for some blood platelet treatment to speed his healing…

Regardless of anyone feelings about T.O., I don't think he's currently available to play football.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't he just try to commit suicide again or am I mistaken?

Regardless, he's coming off major knee surgery and probably couldn't pass a physical.

I think he recently returned from Korea for some blood platelet treatment to speed his healing…

Regardless of anyone feelings about T.O., I don't think he's currently available to play football.

As far as I've heard your first comments pretty bold - not that I want him.

No thanks on Lloyd. With a supposed asking price of a 2nd round pick, I will pass.

He has had one good season, which was last year. Granted it was a very good year in which he led the league in recieving but still, its only one year.

He is on the wrong side of 30. He has also bounced around a lot which could mean he is a locker room problem.

I would much rather make a play for Reggie Wayne. He is a proven playoff performer who is still playing at a very high level. He has had back to back 100 reception seasons since he turned 30. He does not depend on his speed to make plays which lessens the blow if he loses a step. He is a tremedous route runner and has one of the best set of hands in the league.

As far as I've heard your first comments pretty bold - not that I want him.

Someone at work told me about this. Don't know how true it is.

It's possibly the second time in recent years.

http://www.bookmakersinc.co.uk/pay-per-head/pay-per-player-terrellowenshospitalisedforpossibleoverdose/

No thanks on Lloyd. With a supposed asking price of a 2nd round pick, I will pass.

He has had one good season, which was last year. Granted it was a very good year in which he led the league in recieving but still, its only one year.

He is on the wrong side of 30. He has also bounced around a lot which could mean he is a locker room problem.

I would much rather make a play for Reggie Wayne. He is a proven playoff performer who is still playing at a very high level. He has had back to back 100 reception seasons since he turned 30. He does not depend on his speed to make plays which lessens the blow if he loses a step. He is a tremedous route runner and has one of the best set of hands in the league.

He is exactly 30, and is one of the best WRs in the league right now. Lead the league last year. He is Denver's version of Fred Jackson. He has played well before.

Also Denvers has dropped their price to a third (like we did with Lee) and they are not going to get more than a 4th. Would you do it for a 4th?

He is exactly 30, and is one of the best WRs in the league right now. Lead the league last year. He is Denver's version of Fred Jackson. He has played well before.

Also Denvers has dropped their price to a third (like we did with Lee) and they are not going to get more than a 4th. Would you do it for a 4th?

I would consider it for the 4th we recieved for Lee Evans but that would depend on what type of locker room guy he is. We as fans have no way of knowing this information. This is where Nix and Whaley earn their pay checks; figure out exactly what type of football player Lloyd is and whether he would fit in on this team.

I would definately make a play for Reggie Wayne first and if that did not work out, then I would probably pull the trigger on Lloyd if he checked out locker room wise for the Evans' 4th

Lloyd or Wayne will need a couple of weeks before they can start playing (after learning the playbook) and maybe another 2 weeks to get in synch with Fitz. By that time, Jones will be ready to come back. Hence, the value of a veteran is not as high as it would have been at the beginning of the season. I do think that a vet presence can be valuable for experience down the stretch as well as for depth. Hence, I am not averse to making a trade for Lloyd or Wayne. However, given the above points, I would not even go as high as a 4th rounder. I would tell Denver that the Bills next year's 5th rounder is like a 4th rounder for them. Take it or leave it. I doubt any team is willing to give up more compensation for either player.

I'm skeptical that the Bills would give up a draft pick for Lloyd.

I'm totally convinced that the Bills WOULD NOT trade a draft pick for a rent a player.

Lloyd's contract is up after this year.

The only way it happens IMO, is if the Bills negotiate a contract extension with him as a condition of the trade

I'd do it in a New York heartbeat. Fitz needs a guy he can throw it up to and make the tough catches. He is great receiver and we are weak there.

At 4-1 we should do what we can to make the playoffs this year. Trading a 4th round pick for a guy that will only be on the team one year but can make us better ain't gonna ruin our rebuilding effort. Besides, the rebuilding is done, it's time to win. I've never been to a home playoff game, but I want it this year real bad.

Someone at work told me about this. Don't know how true it is.

It's possibly the second time in recent years.

http://www.bookmakersinc.co.uk/pay-per-head/pay-per-player-terrellowenshospitalisedforpossibleoverdose/

For all we know it was a reaction to some crazy treatment or medicine from his Korean treatment, or just a weird mix of pills. I get that it's possible it was intentional but to casually through it out there like you did was the part that irked me. Saying he fresh from the hospital from an OD would be more.... Fair.... In the situation.

Odds are he pushes the boundaries in treatment pretty far and perhaps it's bitten him. Maybe he has had depression issues.... Who knows?

Lloyd or Wayne will need a couple of weeks before they can start playing (after learning the playbook) and maybe another 2 weeks to get in synch with Fitz. By that time, Jones will be ready to come back. Hence, the value of a veteran is not as high as it would have been at the beginning of the season. I do think that a vet presence can be valuable for experience down the stretch as well as for depth. Hence, I am not averse to making a trade for Lloyd or Wayne. However, given the above points, I would not even go as high as a 4th rounder. I would tell Denver that the Bills next year's 5th rounder is like a 4th rounder for them. Take it or leave it. I doubt any team is willing to give up more compensation for either player.

Thats why you did it Monday and have a bye week to prepare. Most of these vets should be fine after 2 weeks.

I don't think we would rent a player either. I think we would sign Lloyd to a 3 year 18 million dollar deal. After all we gave about the same to Brad Smith...

Makes sense to try to move him now. Had his best year last year under mcdaniels, who's gone. His asking price is at its peak. Doesn't fit into their game under fox anymore, especially with tebow basically punting the ball all over the field. 3rd rounder, make it happen.

For all we know it was a reaction to some crazy treatment or medicine from his Korean treatment, or just a weird mix of pills. I get that it's possible it was intentional but to casually through it out there like you did was the part that irked me. Saying he fresh from the hospital from an OD would be more.... Fair.... In the situation.

Odds are he pushes the boundaries in treatment pretty far and perhaps it's bitten him. Maybe he has had depression issues.... Who knows?

Maybe you can ride in TO's wahbulance.

Why not throw a 4 or a 5 at him. The Bills have proven themselves to be legit and the AFC is weak. I know everyone wants to build through but if the Bills can win now, why the hell not? He gives us the vertical threat that we are missing which will open up the running game and underneath routes.

Go look at the 4th round over the past 10 years and you will find very little impact. If you can get him for a 4th, he is an impact and makes the Bills as competitive as any team in the AFC.

haven't read all the posts, so apologize if already stated.

one of the reasons Lloyd is on the trading block is that he publicly stated that "he preferred to play with Kyle Orton over Tebow".

http://www.sbnation.com/2011/10/14/2489249/nfl-trade-rumors-brandon-lloyd-denver-broncos

That would make sense and good find. He's only ever been productive with Orton at QB.

Why not throw a 4 or a 5 at him. The Bills have proven themselves to be legit and the AFC is weak. I know everyone wants to build through but if the Bills can win now, why the hell not? He gives us the vertical threat that we are missing which will open up the running game and underneath routes.

Go look at the 4th round over the past 10 years and you will find very little impact. If you can get him for a 4th, he is an impact and makes the Bills as competitive as any team in the AFC.

When all is said and done, I think the broncos will end up trading him for a 5th.

For a part-year rental, a 5th isn't outrageous, considering the injury problems we have at WR (losing basically 3 of our top 4 receivers in Jones, Parrish, and Easley).