Brandon Lloyd In Buffalo?

Sniper

An interesting rumor tonight popped up around Bills Nation. If you have not yet heard, it has been reported by the sources of an infamous sports tweeter that the Bills are one of the teams interested in Brandon Lloyd.

Now before you shoot the idea down, I think it might have a little bit of water to it. Lets take a look at it closer:

The Broncos are making a QB switch

They are clearly planing for the future and could use draft picks to rebuild

They have a few young WRs coming back soon

They have Lloyd on the remaining year of his contract and might not want to pony up for a 30 year old receiver

...Read More Here

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a good fit in a football sense as we need a #2 to line up on the outside, who has the versatility to both go over the middle and to go deep.

The economics, however, make me think this will not happen. Just doesn't make sense for us to give up a 3rd rounder for a 30-year-old WR on the final year of his deal when we have so many contracts we already need to re-do. I don't think there's enough money to go around to give Lloyd a new deal, and the asking price is too high to bring him in as a 1-year rental.

Makes a lot of sense for Washington, they lack playmakers.

It would be a good fit in a football sense as we need a #2 to line up on the outside, who has the versatility to both go over the middle and to go deep.

The economics, however, make me think this will not happen. Just doesn't make sense for us to give up a 3rd rounder for a 30-year-old WR on the final year of his deal when we have so many contracts we already need to re-do. I don't think there's enough money to go around to give Lloyd a new deal, and the asking price is too high to bring him in as a 1-year rental.

Would you agree that his should be signed for a 3 year 18 million dollar deal? I think we can fit him in. Its all about if its money well spent, and to make our WRs top of the league, I think its money well spent.

he has 11 games left on his current contract. and hes 30 and had 1 monster year and a bunch of mediocre ones. screw the 3rd. 4th round pick cause wed have to renegotiate that deal while we still have not locked down stevie. could bring some locker room issues that could be bad.

You need veterans during crunch time - like the playoffs.

Bingo.

WRs can go a little deeper than a lot of other positions. He has not been beat to death. He is a young 30 like Freddy. He could help us make a push for the next few seasons.

Would you agree that his should be signed for a 3 year 18 million dollar deal? I think we can fit him in. Its all about if its money well spent, and to make our WRs top of the league, I think its money well spent.

It's all about if we'll have the money to re-sign more important players. Fitz, Freddy, SJ, George Wilson, perhaps Bell (depending on Hairston's development), with Wood and Levitre on the horizon. If we can give Lloyd $6M/year and keep these players I'm all for it, I do think on the field he helps us quite a bit. I just don't know if it's a deal that fits Nix' plan.

Good post. I would imagine the Bills wouldn't entertain the notion of a trade unless they agreed on an extension before hand. At least not at the expense of a 2nd round pick.

An interesting rumor tonight popped up around Bills Nation. If you have not yet heard, it has been reported by the sources of an infamous sports tweeter that the Bills are one of the teams interested in Brandon Lloyd.

Now before you shoot the idea down, I think it might have a little bit of water to it. Lets take a look at it closer:

The Broncos are making a QB switch

They are clearly planing for the future and could use draft picks to rebuild

They have a few young WRs coming back soon

They have Lloyd on the remaining year of his contract and might not want to pony up for a 30 year old receiver

...Read More Here

No thanks, we need all our picks and Nelson can step up to the # 2 WR besides we have Tim "Welker" Toone on the PS we're all set :D

If they beat the Giants and are 5-1, then they would have to seriously consider a rent a player move like this. Denver may want a 2nd, but also realize that the team they potentially trade him to gets him for 10 games (and they may only have him 10 games). I bet they could get him for a 5.

Making a move like this would send a great message to the team and the league that the Bills are serious about being a winner and are going for the playoffs now.

What other decent WRs are out there on bad teams that may be available?

I would do it for a 4th - so in essence, we would have traded Evans for Lloyd. Lloyd is more versatile, bigger, stronger, and he can still stretch the field (which is what the Bills need most right now). And even if it is only for this season--he'll be a free agent--worry about next year next year; plus, all the injured people will be back.