Herman Cain

What is it with people? Especially the powerful, but no means am I giving the poor slob a free pass. Can't anybody stay true to their loved ones? Why would they want to hurt the people they love? Do they really think they are that invincible? I am talking about everybody... It knows no political affliation... Bozo liberal and conservative included.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is it with people? Especially the powerful, but no means am I giving the poor slob a free pass. Can't anybody stay true to their loved ones? Why would they want to hurt the people they love? Do they really think they are that invincible? I am talking about everybody... It knows no political affliation... Bozo liberal and conservative included.

Funny...your wife and I were discussing that same thing last night...

Best of luck to him in getting his life and family in order. A shame his campaign had to end, but I think he made his mark. he can be proud of that.

I think Cain was likable enough, but what mark did he make? Why is his voice "important"? I think he did more harm than good, to his party. He is just another in the long line of Palin, Bachmann's and Perry's who seem legit on the surface, but can't cut it, once they actually have to speak, or think. I won't say they are stupid (at least not all of them) because they obviously have had some success along the way, in other pursuits.

It seems like everyone who posts here, no matter what side of the political spectrum they identify with, is a somewhat cynical by nature. To me, Cain dropping out of the race is the best thing that could have happened for the Republicans, and I can't help but think that most of the GOP VIP's are very happy with this development...I also can't help but feel like some of them were behind making it happen. Next, they should root out Santorum and Bachmann.

Edited by Buftex

Accompanied by his attorney, Mr. Friedman told reporters of the suspicions he had growing up that he was African American.

“From an early age I was inexplicably drawn to black people. Their eating habits, their hairstyles and the way they spoke. Anyone who knows me can tell you the profound influence rap music has had on me. Throughout my life I always had a deep rooted suspicion that my biological father was a wealthy black man. Today I just want to express the jubilation I feel knowing that I am an African American.”

Delashaun’s Attorney, Carson “Butch” Calhoun, issued a statement to reporters.

“On Saturday my client experienced several profound, life altering revelations. At the age of forty-four he learned that his real father is a wealthy business man, a candidate running for the office of President of the United States and an African American. Individually these shocking truths would warrant compensation for long term, in-depth psychological counseling. But the emotional lump sum of these bewildering truths is too heavy a load for one person to bear without the comfort and support that only a sizable settlement would ensure.”

This has to be one of the funniest things I've read in a longgggg time.

Anyway, it appears the Pizza king should've been a little more greedy with his pepperoni.

I think Cain was likable enough, but what mark did he make? Why is his voice "important"? I think he did more harm than good, to his party. He is just another in the long line of Palin, Bachmann's and Perry's who seem legit on the surface, but can't cut it, once they actually have to speak, or think. I won't say they are stupid (at least not all of them) because they obviously have had some success along the way, in other pursuits.

It seems like everyone who posts here, no matter what side of the political spectrum they identify with, is a somewhat cynical by nature. To me, Cain dropping out of the race is the best thing that could have happened for the Republicans, and I can't help but think that most of the GOP VIP's are very happy with this development...I also can't help but feel like some of them were behind making it happen. Next, they should root out Santorum and Bachmann.

What mark did make? 9-9-9 was his mark. Whether you agree with it or not it bring up the discussion of tax reform which is a major issue in my mind.

Seriously? Herman Cain was the first one to tackle tax reform?

Where on earth did I say or even suggest that. You do agree that he brought it up in this campaign don't you? Then it quietly went away when all these allegations of his infedlity came up. Hmmmm, interesting.

Where on earth did I say or even suggest that. You do agree that he brought it up in this campaign don't you? Then it quietly went away when all these allegations of his infedlity came up. Hmmmm, interesting.

Well, you said his "9-9-9" thing was where he made his mark, because tax reform was an important issue. I won't say that it isn't, but I am pretty sure other candidates have, and will, have other tax reform ideas that are of more substance.

Not sure what connection you are making there...but maybe Cain planted the infedelity stuff, to divert attention from the fact that he really didn't have much to say? :P

Either way, I think we all agree, this country has some major issues to tackle, the sooner distractions like Cain, Bachmann, Santorum are out of the picture, the more seriously things can be discussed. I will likely vote for Obama (though not necessarily), but there is a fair chance he won't get re-elected. If Newt or Romney are the best the Republicans can come up with, I honestly want to know more about them. When there are 8 candidates debating every week, each one afraid that they won't come off as extreme as their oppenant, I just don't feel like we are getting an honest picture (its' politics, so I realize "honest pictures" ain't what they seem)of the people we have to choose from.

Maybe this is all just the result of 24/7 election coverage that starts 2 years before the election...

I think it mostly went away when people realized that "Raise taxes on the poor! Lower taxes on the rich!" is not going to win you many elections.

I think it mostly went away when people realized that "Raise taxes on the poor! Lower taxes on the rich!" is not going to win you many elections.

On top of the fact that it wouldn't have really done anything to stabilize the economy.

But what I meant was the whole tax reform conversation went away not just his 9-9-9. To me that's a major issue that needs to be addressed. He opened up that conversation with his 9-9-9. It was a dumb plan but the first step to solving any problem is to first admit that there is one.

You may be right OC, but it is sad that the other party can't come up with anything that seems like a better alternative, candidate wise....

The re-polishing of the Gingrich turd is hilarious...all of the sudden, everyone lcves Gingrich...

You know I am right. As Tom likes to say "OC is never wrong". :D

Here's something else I am right about:

Talking about re-polishing the Gingrich turd, when every "new" idea Democrats have had the last 3 years comes directly from FDR/LBJ, as in 60 years ago, and, while Obama is now trying to run Harry Truman's campaign strategy, and, with "hope and change" being blatantly ripped off from Clinton....

....is the height of ironic hypocrisy.

The Democrats have not had a honestly "new" idea....since Clinton. And most of his "new" ideas were simply re-tooled Republican Revolution ideas that were wordsmithed to sound "liberalish".

No, the only truth here is that we seemed locked in a battle of old ideas. DC loves to say the word "innovation", on both sides. It's far past time they look to their own work and realize that all they are doing is repeating what some Congressman/Senator said on the floor 30 years ago. That's because it's quite possible they WERE the Congressman/Senator saying it 30 years ago.

The difference is: Obama knows he is ripping off old Democrats, and he is doing it on purpose, purely for the nostalgic effect.

Look at my sig, and then think "Norman Rockwell painting". That is exactly the effectiveness/relevance of the same old Democrat ideas in 2011. They all belong in the nursing home, along with their progenitors.

You know I am right. As Tom likes to say "OC is never wrong". :D

Here's something else I am right about:

Talking about re-polishing the Gingrich turd, when every "new" idea Democrats have had the last 3 years comes directly from FDR/LBJ, as in 60 years ago, and, while Obama is now trying to run Harry Truman's campaign strategy, and, with "hope and change" being blatantly ripped off from Clinton....

....is the height of ironic hypocrisy.

The Democrats have not had a honestly "new" idea....since Clinton. And most of his "new" ideas were simply re-tooled Republican Revolution ideas that were wordsmithed to sound "liberalish".

No, the only truth here is that we seemed locked in a battle of old ideas. DC loves to say the word "innovation", on both sides. It's far past time they look to their own work and realize that all they are doing is repeating what some Congressman/Senator said on the floor 30 years ago. That's because it's quite possible they WERE the Congressman/Senator saying it 30 years ago.

The difference is: Obama knows he is ripping off old Democrats, and he is doing it on purpose, purely for the nostalgic effect.

Look at my sig, and then think "Norman Rockwell painting". That is exactly the effectiveness/relevance of the same old Democrat ideas in 2011. They all belong in the nursing home, along with their progenitors.

Not every concept is bad, because it is old. It is foolish not to use your past to shape your future.

Not every concept is bad, because it is old. It is foolish not to use your past to shape your future.

Yes, I am sure that's precisely what the entire third world, and the Native Americans, thinks about bows, arrows, swords and spears.

Not every concept is good, because it has worked before. Refusing to turn the page is usually spawned by laziness and/or fear of what you haven't taken the time to learn and/or sheer ignorance.

Do you need reminding how often the Republicans have said the words "taxing the job creators" in the last 3 years? That's = to a bow and arrow.....if another person comes along with a "gun" innovative solution to our problems. Not only can you show them to be old, you can also kick their ass.

History is important, but recognizing that you are holding a bow, in a world of guns, is more important.

Yes, I am sure that's precisely what the entire third world, and the Native Americans, thinks about bows, arrows, swords and spears.

Not every concept is good, because it has worked before. Refusing to turn the page is usually spawned by laziness and/or fear of what you haven't taken the time to learn and/or sheer ignorance.

Do you need reminding how often the Republicans have said the words "taxing the job creators" in the last 3 years? That's = to a bow and arrow.....if another person comes along with a "gun" innovative solution to our problems. Not only can you show them to be old, you can also kick their ass.

History is important, but recognizing that you are holding a bow, in a world of guns, is more important.

Well, I agree again. History is useful when you learn from it. I think we are in a time when many are afraid of the future, and hold on to the past. But, that it part of the price you pay for a democracy. Everyones needs, and abilities are different. I guess where that whole "needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" concpet can be applied, as regressive as it might be.

Well, I agree again. History is useful when you learn from it. I think we are in a time when many are afraid of the future, and hold on to the past. But, that it part of the price you pay for a democracy. Everyones needs, and abilities are different. I guess where that whole "needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" concpet can be applied, as regressive as it might be.

Leaders, and I mean real leaders, do not subscribe to the need for nostalgia outweighing the need for solutions. That's what phony leaders, or, "the guy that got the job because he was next in line" leaders do. Nobody "needs" unreformed Medicare and Medicaid. Nobody "needs" unreformed SSI. Well, except the phony leaders of the current Democratic party. They need them because they have nothing else now that the Global WarmingTM meme has died.

Unfortunately, "the next in line" pretty much defines the Republican Presidential thinking for the last 60 or so years. Every time but once, with Goldwater, the "next in line" candidate has lost, or has been a one termer = Ford, Bush Sr., Dole, McCain. While the innovators, Nixon(hey say what you want but he created a lot of new ideas, the EPA for example), Reagan, Bush Jr.(new ideas galore, a lot bad, but still new) have all won twice.

Entitlement spending is the single biggest threat to the economic and national security of this country. No amount of Norman Rockwell "comfort food" ideas changes that reality.

Somebody is going to seize this opportunity and act on it. This is America after all. Why does it have to be an innovative Republican? Why not an innovative Democrat? Easy: because the Democrats are all still living in 1965, and have been, especially in New York, since 1965.