Kamar Aiken

I think Aiken would be a viable option, he looked good in preseason,, has been on PS all season so far and must have a decent grasp of the offense, why have him on the Ps if we dont have confidence in his ability to contribute, as with the rest of our young receivers, NOW may be his time .

--I posted this before, but it bears repeating--

Here are the offensive options we're left with, to be used in whatever capacity:

Johnson

Nelson

Smith

Chandler

Spiller

Jackson

Roosevelt

Methinks Chan can scheme with these players without having to rely on plugging a new [yet unproven] cog into this machine.

Don't get me wrong, I love Kamar's measurables, I thought he looked good throughout preseason and his little Asian buddy Harold is adorable.

But I think he'd be a work in progress out there, the learning curve for which we don't really need and can survive without at this point.

Roosevelt is enough of a liability as it is. He's still learning on the job, too. Let's not just start tossing guys into the fray when we've got plenty to work with as is.

We can't add Aiken without cutting someone. Maybe Chan isn't ready to do that yet.

PTR

exactly. honestly, who from the active roster do you cut at this point? You can't cut any defensive backs. can't cut TE's or O-Lineman...who do you cut?

exactly. honestly, who from the active roster do you cut at this point? You can't cut any defensive backs. can't cut TE's or O-Lineman...who do you cut?

Ruvel Martin. Chan cut him before. Obviously didnt think his ST talent was essential. We have a bunch of good players on coverage teams. We probably don't need him, although he is good on ST.

Jones' injury obviously affected the offense.

Perhaps already being a bit short at the WR position, Chan really didn't have the luxury to change the gameplan too much or ask these new inexperienced players to do something they weren't prepared to do?

You might see something different with these same players come this next game due to time to properly prepare them for a new gameplan.

If McGee is healthy once again I don't see why they can't release Wheatley and after he clears put him back on the PS.

measured 6-foot-1 1/8 and weighed 213 pounds. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.45 seconds and 4.50. He had a 36 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 10-8 broad jump, a 4.36-second short shuttle and a 7.10 3-cone drill.

Jones Problem Solved....

youtube.com/watch?v=l1YohHJwnQc

The guy can be good...in watchin gthe video, did you notice he had to make a ton of adjustments on the passes thrown to him...with a more accurate passer, his RAC should improve...

Ruvell Martin is as dispensable as one can get.

I don't agree. Martin is pretty important to special teams. Those returners don't tackle themselves.

My take is Chan will wait until the bye week to make a move. We'll go into the Giants game with what we have. If it looks like we need help, and if Jones doesn't improve enough over the bye, we might add someone...a vet or Aiken. I say we cut Terrence Wheatly before Ruvell Martin.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

measured 6-foot-1 1/8 and weighed 213 pounds. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.45 seconds and 4.50. He had a 36 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 10-8 broad jump, a 4.36-second short shuttle and a 7.10 3-cone drill.

Jones Problem Solved....

youtube.com/watch?v=l1YohHJwnQc

Didn't see this post...I thought I was the only one when I started one today about Kamar...here's the text from mine:

I've seen enough of Martin (was targeted on Fitzy's int Sunday & fell down). sure he makes a play here and there on ST, but I'm willing to bet there would be little fall off with Aiken. Martin has bounced around and hasn't stuck anywhere & Aiken is a young (UDFA siging) sitting on our practice squad? The kid's about 6'1" and around 215....pretty good size! He ran a 4.45 @ UCF's proday and in the preseason performed really well...something like 5 catches for 100 yds, and I think all of those cathes were for 1st downs...He looked to run crisp routes and was able to get good seperation...I'm not sure what the eligibility rules are with retaining the ability to PS him next year IF we activate him for a couple games while Nelson heals up...Anyone?