Favorite IPA's

PaattMaann

on a crazy IPA kick right now, trying to try them all...have already tried a lot in my years but am revisiting now....post your fave IPA (thats India Pale Ale) for those who are really newbs to the burr world..

Few of my Faves:

- Dogfish Head 60 min IPA (and obviously their 120 min)

- Stone IPA

- Saranac IPA

Please divulge!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redhook has a pretty good IPA imo, Dogfish Head, Sisters of the Moon(NC),and Smuttynose. Also if you're in NC grab a Natty Greene's and always support your local brews. That being said, there isn't many beers I'm not a fan of outside of the dirt cheap. But ill still drink a Genny(not cream ale) here and there for that ole' Buffalo taste :beer:

Paulaner Salvator is a great double bock thats perfect for cookouts

Had some of the Saranac Imperial Pale Ales a few weeks ago and I was bombed after 4 of them......In tems of taste I like the Sierra Nevada, EBC, and Southern Tier IPA's the best

on a crazy IPA kick right now, trying to try them all...have already tried a lot in my years but am revisiting now....post your fave IPA (thats India Pale Ale) for those who are really newbs to the burr world..

Few of my Faves:

- Dogfish Head 60 min IPA (and obviously their 120 min)

- Stone IPA

- Saranac IPA

Please divulge!

/thread

Russian River - Pliny The Elder

Goose Island

Yards

Bells

My next one

Pooj, I did not like the Goose Island at all.So many IPA's out there, so little time to try them all.

I must state that I always try to have at least a 12 of the 60 minute in the fridge at all times. I like that it is only 6% ABV and still has great flavor.It is my everyday beer.

Ones not mentioned so far

Loose Cannon by Heavy Seas in Bmore is one I purchase quite a bit.

I also like a lot of the West Coast IPA's

Bear Rebublic Racer 5

Ballast Point Sculpin

Lanquintas(sp) just the regular IPA

New Belguim Ranger

Avery..just the plain IPA as well as the Maharaj Imperial

Troegs Nugget Nectar..I know not a rue IPA but it is one good beer.

Heavy Seas - Loose Cannon IPA

DogFish Head - 90 Minute

nad my favorite new local

Southern Tier - 2xIPA

IPAs are a gateway beer. Once you get addicted to hops you move on to the imperials and double/triple IPAs.

But hard to drink doubles ot triples when watching a Bills or Sabres...crimminy I got all liqoured up yesterday drinking Gennys..(my new superstition when watching the Bills)..an Imperial would have me in a coma by the end of the game :thumbsup:

I'll throw Deschutes Inversion into the mix. Their standard Pale Ale (Mirror Pond) is also outstanding. However, don't think you can get it east of Texas yet.

Also, for those of you in/visiting the SE, try out any of Sweetwater's offerings.

But hard to drink doubles ot triples when watching a Bills or Sabres...crimminy I got all liqoured up yesterday drinking Gennys..(my new superstition when watching the Bills)..an Imperial would have me in a coma by the end of the game :thumbsup:

Thats one of the things I love about the doubles. I can bring a 6-pack to a more low key affair, drink the equivalent of a 12er and no one is the wiser.

And they're absolutely delicious.

I'll throw Deschutes Inversion into the mix. Their standard Pale Ale (Mirror Pond) is also outstanding. However, don't think you can get it east of Texas yet.

Also, for those of you in/visiting the SE, try out any of Sweetwater's offerings.

Tried the Deschutes Inversion recently, and didn't really care for it. I suppose it was just a little to hoppy for my taste. I'll throw another one out there....Hop Czar Imperial IPA is an outstanding beer.