I just can't let go...

I know that I'm going to be chastized for this, and deservedly so, but I can't get over the Stevie "non-catch" against Cincinnati. How in the hell can these bean-headed officials (whom by the way I hope Buffalo never draws to officiate a game EVER again) call this an incomplete pass. Bottom line, if Johnson's catch is called what it should've been-a catch, the Bills are 4-0 right now. Stuff like this haunts NFL teams year after year. It carries over, whether in perfomance, divisional races, or playoff seeding. My question continues to be, where and when did the football exactly hit the turf? Answer that! The NFL STILL hasn't bothered to explain exactly why this play was ruled incomplete! In fact, former Head of Officiating Mike Perrara of Fox Sports couldn't even come up with an explaination! And he has an answer for everything!

My biggest fear is that this play is going to carry over the rest of the season in one form or another. This team has overcome alot of adversity and big deficits thus far, but given the fact that Johnson and other players on the team are still talking about this play really worries me. Coming back from this may be even bigger than 18 points to the Raiders and 21 points to New England. Hopefully this wagon can get circled...

Tune them out... everyone knows that the 'Steratore mob' is costing a lot of teams games :devil:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a horrible game that the Bills deserved to lose

if they bounce back and win this week all will be forgotten

It is a stretch to say they "deserved to lose" however, I would put it as they have nobody to blame but themselves and the game hardly came down to one very wrong call. The Bills squandered a game that they should have won.

We got VERY lucky against New England w/ the pass interference call in the end zone. So it has kind of balanced out. No. 2, we deserved to lose that game against Cincinnati, they beat the everliving s*** out of us in the second half. So in the end, regardless of how we've gotten there, I'll take 3-1. I just wish the referees would play less of a role in the outcomes. Time to focus on the Eagles.

Well...I hear you as well...But...

We may have been VERY lucky on that call vs. NE, but it was clearly PI...We were lucky because of how bad the Pass looked...But who knows if Nelson wins a jump ball had the Defender not blocked him off and never looked back for the ball...

As far as deserving to lose vs Cincy...OK...The way we played AFTER the bad call no question, we deserved to lose...But before that we played 7/8 of an NFL Game on the Road vs. the current #1 Defense in the league and we were up a Touchdown...And lets not forget the drive before that The Bills get a FG and then they held Cincy to a 3 and out...They had the momentum...Then the bad call...Then all hell broke loose...So I don't agree that we deserved to lose up to that point in the Game...It was a pivital point...And yes I definitely think the Bills go on to win if that call goes our way...So does Fred Jackson, so I know I'm not alone...lol... B-)

I know that I'm going to be chastized for this, and deservedly so, but I can't get over the Stevie "non-catch" against Cincinnati. How in the hell can these bean-headed officials (whom by the way I hope Buffalo never draws to officiate a game EVER again) call this an incomplete pass. Bottom line, if Johnson's catch is called what it should've been-a catch, the Bills are 4-0 right now. Stuff like this haunts NFL teams year after year. It carries over, whether in perfomance, divisional races, or playoff seeding. My question continues to be, where and when did the football exactly hit the turf? Answer that! The NFL STILL hasn't bothered to explain exactly why this play was ruled incomplete! In fact, former Head of Officiating Mike Perrara of Fox Sports couldn't even come up with an explaination! And he has an answer for everything!

My biggest fear is that this play is going to carry over the rest of the season in one form or another. This team has overcome alot of adversity and big deficits thus far, but given the fact that Johnson and other players on the team are still talking about this play really worries me. Coming back from this may be even bigger than 18 points to the Raiders and 21 points to New England. Hopefully this wagon can get circled...

Geezus...first off, the issue on the play for the officials was that you have to complete the motion of the catch for it to be ruled a catch (see controversial calls last year on TD's that were not TD's because they did not complete the motion of the catch). Based on how they clarified the rule last year, then SJ had not completed the motion of the catch at the time his knee was down. Second, the ball came loose and on the replay you CAN NOT see if the ball ever hit the ground, therefore based on replay rules it can not be over turned. Those are the rules, refs called it within the rules. Third, and most importantly, we still had a 7 point LEAD!

IMO, I think it was a catch too, but based on what we can prove, it was not enough to overturn the call on the field. Get over it...

More disturbing, is the constant delusional whining about this one play that by all means DID NOT determine the outcome of this game. First off, we were not in scoring position if he catches the ball. Two, we struggled most of the second half to move the chains and score, so there is no way to know we would have gotten any points on that drive. Three, there was OVER EIGHT MINUTES left in the game, plenty of time for anything to happen no matter if we scored or not. Four, we had many chances to still win that game AFTER that play and both our offense and defense failed miserably. We couldn't move the ball, couldnt stop the run, couldnt cover anyone and couldnt tackle.

We lost because of how we played as a whole, not one stupid call. Losers blame the refs...winning teams go out and finish the game off, protect the lead, and still win the game. I swear, the constant whining about refs, conspiracy theories of how the NFL wants the Bills to lose so the refs screw us on purpose, conspiracy theories on how ESPN hates the Bills, b*tching about "lack of respect" in the BS power rankings in the preseason (after a freaking 4 win season last year by the way), etc, etc is just getting old and embarrassing as a Bills fan.

This TEAM...yes TEAM lost this game...you wanna piss and moan, then piss and moan about how atrocious our tackling and D as a whole played allowing Cincy to score on every drive but one in the second half.

PS: If you are going to piss and moan and blame the refs for a loss, then I want to see you come on here and give the refs the credit for a win when we get a favorable call that helps us win a game.

Edited by Alphadawg7

it was a horrible game that the Bills deserved to lose

if they bounce back and win this week all will be forgotten

How did they deserve to lose? What a dumb comment.....Being up 7 and converting a 1st down (questionably) counts as a win in my book.....I guess they have to win by 20 every week to "deserve" it? thumbs down sir...horrible comment

How did they deserve to lose? What a dumb comment.....Being up 7 and converting a 1st down (questionably) counts as a win in my book.....I guess they have to win by 20 every week to "deserve" it? thumbs down sir...horrible comment

If his comment was dumb, then yours is off the charts stupid. Converting a first down (thats not in scoring range) with over EIGHT minutes left in a game where we are only up by 7 in NOOOO way means we win. Especially since we had struggled to move the ball and score in the 2nd half...and more importantly our D allowed them to score on almost every possession in the 2nd half.

If the play is ruled a catch and we get the first, we could have just as easily not converted another first after that and punted...or got another one and kicked a long FG...either of those results DO NOT automatically equal a win and anyone capable of 1st grade math can figure that out.

Even if we got a TD (and based on our 2nd half performance, thats the least likely result of that drive) Cincy still drove it right down our throat on their next two possessions and could have still scored twice (like they did) with instead of settling for a FG to win the game could have just finished with a TD sending it into OT and had a shot of also winning.

Edited by Alphadawg7

That is quite a stretch. It certainly would have improved their chances, but saying they absolutely would have won the game?????

It's not like the game was in the final seconds and when Cinci got the ball they hit a hail mary to win. There were more possessions after that call.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Face up to the fact that we were soundly beaten in that game. It's that simple. There were many opportunities to come back from the call. We won the turnover battle by two with a pick six no less and still lost. It is not necessarily a good thing to have your record be way ahead of how good you are. That only stops you from addressing areas in need of improvement. So let go and move on.

Face up to the fact that we were soundly beaten in that game. It's that simple. There were many opportunities to come back from the call. We won the turnover battle by two with a pick six no less and still lost. It is not necessarily a good thing to have your record be way ahead of how good you are. That only stops you from addressing areas in need of improvement. So let go and move on.

After posting this I realized I disagree with myself. The '90 Bills won two early games they had no business winning and they ended up "growing into" their artificially inflated record, behaving more like an 8-1 team than a 6-3 team later in the year. Now I can't let the call go.

I dont think we got lucky on that call in the EZ vs. NE. It was right in front of my seats and it was a classic "No Doubt" call. It was a great play by Fitz too. I can't speak for how it looked on TV but I had a great view and I hope Fitz throws that ball every time.

I don't think he meant we were lucky that the official called it, but lucky that the defender was so frickin stupid to commit such a blatant penalty when there is no way on earth, in any scenario it could have helped the Pats. I guess in a way we were lucky that the official saw it though, since every eye in the stadium and watching the TV was on the ball and the players around it, not the back of the endzone.

I'm over it but the loss did hurt because, whether we won or lost, I still consider the Bills to be middle of the pack in the NFL in talent. Like if you ranked the rosters 1 to 32, we'd be around 15.

You give an average team a 4-0 start and they'll probably end up making the playoffs.

At 3-1, it gets pretty dicy.

3-2 after a 3-0 start and I would have major doubts.

The Eagles game is an almost must-win.

If I'm a Pats fan, how does my team lose to a pick - 6 off of someone's head? How does end zone pass interference get called on a ball so badly thrown , it is intercepted 10 yards up the field?? two TDs that never should have been... and I lose to a Bills team I walked all over offensively all day? think about it. the breaks go both ways... takes 8-9 games to see it all even out to determine if your team is lucky or good... we do not know yet..

Look at it this way:

The last time the refs screwed us to this extent was....when we were a good team. You can't be a bad team, and get rogered by the refs to the point that it makes you lose the game. You do that to yourself, consistently, if you are a bad team.

You are right to feel that we got screwed. But, don't lose sight of the larger, and infinitely more pleasing notion: this is a good team, that both had an off day, and, was hosed by the refs on 8 distinct occasions. Notice I said BOTH. They are not mutually exclusive, despite the babble from the morons. Which thing had more effect? Who cares? They both effected the outcome.

However, the ONLY way that both these things can be true is: the Bills are no longer a bad team.

Stinkfist lyrics

Something has to change.

Un-deniable dilemma.

Boredom's not a burden

Anyone should bear.

Constant over stimu-lation numbs me

but I would not want you

Any other way.

It's not enough.

I need more.

Nothing seems to satisfy.

I don't want it.

I just need it.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Finger deep within the borderline.

Show me that you love me and that we belong together.

Relax, turn around and take my hand.

I can help you change

Tired moments into pleasure.

Say the word and we'll be

Well upon our way.

Blend and balance

Pain and comfort

Deep within you

Till you will not want me any other way.

It's not enough.

I need more.

Nothing seems to satisfy.

I don't want it.

I just need it.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Knuckle deep inside the borderline.

This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to.

Relax. Slip away.

Something kinda sad about

the way that things have come to be.

Desensitized to everything.

What became of subtlety?

How can it mean anything to me

If I really don't feel anything at all?

I'll keep digging till

I feel something.

Elbow deep inside the borderline.

Show me that you love me and that we belong together.

Shoulder deep within the borderline.

Relax. Turn around and take my hand.

LOVE TOOL!

Thanks, I had to play that and went on Tool Ride!

Edited by The Tomcat