Just Received my Jerseys

Congrats on supporting the import of counterfeit goods into the U.S. everyone. Keep up the good work, you should be very proud of yourselves.

We're just doing what Wal-Mart and other patriotic American tax dodging companies do on a daily basis! :thumbsup:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not an argument about where the NFL / Reebok chooses to have their products made. We all buy products made overseas and I would be a hypocrite to say that I didn't. This also isn't an argument about whether it is right and wrong for the NFL to charge what they do for licensed apparel - remember, the NFL, owners, and NFLPA all want a piece of the pie, at the end of the day, they can charge what they want and the market decides whether or not they are willing to buy it. They own the intellectual property, the trademarks, and in turn the rights to produce and sell the goods.

What I am pointing out is that counterfeiting is counterfeiting - there is no other way to say it. The jerseys are produced illegally and are not officially licensed. The jerseys that you are buying are not made in the same factory and if they were then they are stolen. While they might look close, they are not the exact same and I know that in some cases it is hard to tell the difference. It is the same as buying a fake iPod, a fake Callaway driver, or Nikes.

If it makes you feel nice to have an "authentic jersey" that isn't actually authentic be my guest, but buying products from DHgate or any of these other sites is purchasing illegally produced, stolen merchandise.

I just received my jerseys that I ordered on DHGate. I ordered on 9/17 so it was a little over two weeks to receive them. I ordered from a seller names jiangwallace. They were the cheapest ones that you can buy for one piece ($28.32) with free shipping. They look exact and have all of the official (looking) Reebok On-Field tags. I can't see any problems with these compared to the actual authetics. I just thought I would pass along in the event anyone was considering it. I got a white Marcel Dareus and a Blue Stevie Johnson.

Thanks for the tip. I was just looking on dhgate the other day, but was nervous to pull the trigger. I'll go with your seller.

Hoping to get a white Stevie jersey....but only after they ink him to an extension. :thumbsup:

Man you are a sucker... The NFL outsources a lot of their jersey manufacturing to Korea, china, vietnam... whereever reebok can get the cheapest labor. Why shouldn't the fan search for the best price while the NFL makes extra change from chumps like you?

There is a huge difference between outsourcing manufacturing and buying an illegally produced, cheap knock-off.

So answer me this - if you needed a prescription drug to maintian your health or save your life, like a blood pressure drug, would you purchase the version that has been tested and approved by the FDA or the cheap knockoff from India or China because it is much cheaper. (it could contain rat poison or any other number of chemicals).

Granted, buying a jersey is not life or death but the concept is the same.

We're just doing what Wal-Mart and other patriotic American tax dodging companies do on a daily basis! :thumbsup:

So let's say that you, and American, owned the factory in China that produced the jersey's for the NFL. You agree to a contract with Reebok, assure them that you provide a safe working environment, prevailing wages, and the products that you are selling meets all of Reeboks quality standards. There is significant cost to do this, and you are forced to charge a higher price.

The same guy next door is making jerseys that look similar but he uses tainted materials, not paying his workers or any royalties or taxes.

If YOU are the factory owner, how do you feel?

So let's say that you, and American, owned the factory in China that produced the jersey's for the NFL. You agree to a contract with Reebok, assure them that you provide a safe working environment, prevailing wages, and the products that you are selling meets all of Reeboks quality standards. There is significant cost to do this, and you are forced to charge a higher price.

The same guy next door is making jerseys that look similar but he uses tainted materials, not paying his workers or any royalties or taxes.

They don't provide a safe working environment compared with ours, they don't pay their fair share of taxes, the labor laws are atrocious there, and I feel no sympathy for them because of it.

Until companies are forced to abide by American standards of labor in their factories and to pay their fair share of taxes, they deserve no protections for the knockoffs that result; after all, the little guy is just doing that the big guy gets away with!

There is a huge difference between outsourcing manufacturing and buying an illegally produced, cheap knock-off.

So answer me this - if you needed a prescription drug to maintian your health or save your life, like a blood pressure drug, would you purchase the version that has been tested and approved by the FDA or the cheap knockoff from India or China because it is much cheaper. (it could contain rat poison or any other number of chemicals).

As someone in this country that is working 3 jobs w/o any of them offering health care, I would have to resort to the cheap knockoff as my gov't doesn't provide enough for me, my employers don't provide enough for me, and I can't find a full-time job in the field I am qualified for. I am 70 grand in debt for student loans as well. So, a cheap generic is my only option when I get sick enough.

However the Chinese labor used by Reebok and other major apparel companies use unbelievably cheap labor. In either case, your profit margins are still freaking high and have done enough to funnel out of America by abusing the cheap tariffs and slave labor.

As the factory owner, I would be embarassed to call myself an American, but richer than freaking hell.

Edited by justnzane

As someone in this country that is working 3 jobs w/o any of them offering health care, I would have to resort to the cheap knockoff as my gov't doesn't provide enough for me, my employers don't provide enough for me, and I can't find a full-time job in the field I am qualified for. I am 70 grand in debt for student loans as well. So, a cheap generic is my only option when I get sick enough.

That is perhaps one of the best statements I have ever seen anywhere. :thumbsup:

wow i was curious about dhgate but some how this mess turned into some political derailment. i have read about them a few times, but have always been cautious. i wanted to buy a bruce smith jersey. but i don't have the extra $125-150 to spend on it. i already have a bunch of former bills jerseys i paid full price for. i mean i have a takeo spikes, drew bledsoe, lee evans, and a poz jersey. i just want to know about the quality and sellers to avoid. i have heard both positive and negative stories.

I just put in a mixed 21 jersey order with seller Xiezhijia, who has over 2000 transactions and 100% approval rating. Jerseys ended up being $18.99 each with free shipping. I ended up using Paypal to put a buffer between my credit details and them.

Here's how it works - you chat with the seller telling them what you want to order. They'll enter it for you and give you a link. You put in that order and give them the order number so that they can associate what you wanted with it. Then you pay and hopefully in 2-3 weeks the right stuff will show up at your door.

Earlier I ordered 5 Sabres jerseys from a different seller (Xiezhijia didn't have kids sizes). So we'll see how it goes.

Congrats on supporting the import of counterfeit goods into the U.S. everyone. Keep up the good work, you should be very proud of yourselves.

You tell me where I can buy an American made jersey and I will be all over it. I'll wait....

This is not an argument about where the NFL / Reebok chooses to have their products made. We all buy products made overseas and I would be a hypocrite to say that I didn't. This also isn't an argument about whether it is right and wrong for the NFL to charge what they do for licensed apparel - remember, the NFL, owners, and NFLPA all want a piece of the pie, at the end of the day, they can charge what they want and the market decides whether or not they are willing to buy it. They own the intellectual property, the trademarks, and in turn the rights to produce and sell the goods.

What I am pointing out is that counterfeiting is counterfeiting - there is no other way to say it. The jerseys are produced illegally and are not officially licensed. The jerseys that you are buying are not made in the same factory and if they were then they are stolen. While they might look close, they are not the exact same and I know that in some cases it is hard to tell the difference. It is the same as buying a fake iPod, a fake Callaway driver, or Nikes.

If it makes you feel nice to have an "authentic jersey" that isn't actually authentic be my guest, but buying products from DHgate or any of these other sites is purchasing illegally produced, stolen merchandise.

I'm fine with that. I also jaywalk from time to time.

I have gotten jerseys from both jiangwallace and realfine. The realfine jerseys (minimum of 2/player) have the elastic sleeves. The jiangwallace jerseys do not. The pic that jiangwallace sent me had the elastic. Realfine was sold out of white Dareus jerseys, which is why I didn't use them again. When the jerseys came from jiangwallace and I noticed the sleeves, I emailed him and he agreed to accept a return. Refusing to pay the shipping to China, I kept the jerseys, as they're still very nice.

Shipping was much faster with realfine. 10 days from clicking the order to my doorstep.

Long story short ... realfine is the way to go, if you have a choice.

By the way. This is exactly what my Stevie Johnson jersey looks like. I paid $32 for mine. And to quote John Lennon ... "... I feel fine."

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11783136&cp=2237429&pageType=family&lmdn=Price&parentPage=family

I just put in a mixed 21 jersey order with seller Xiezhijia, who has over 2000 transactions and 100% approval rating. Jerseys ended up being $18.99 each with free shipping. I ended up using Paypal to put a buffer between my credit details and them.

Here's how it works - you chat with the seller telling them what you want to order. They'll enter it for you and give you a link. You put in that order and give them the order number so that they can associate what you wanted with it. Then you pay and hopefully in 2-3 weeks the right stuff will show up at your door.

Earlier I ordered 5 Sabres jerseys from a different seller (Xiezhijia didn't have kids sizes). So we'll see how it goes.

When you say "mixed" order, can you combine it with jerseys of other teams? I have some Steelers friends, and it would be nice to go in with them on a mixed deal.

In this case some of the market has decided the NFL price is way too high which drives people to the knock offs. I imagine the majority of the people here would buy the official versions if the costs weren't so obscene.

When you say "mixed" order, can you combine it with jerseys of other teams? I have some Steelers friends, and it would be nice to go in with them on a mixed deal.

Yep I've got Bills, Steelers, Browns, & Eagles in mine.

It's cool for the NFL/Reebok to charge us poor hard-working saps $85 for a jersey that cost about $7 to make, though, right? :rolleyes:

I just paid $35 for an "authentic" NFL T-shirt online. Made in Mexico. Probably will only last two seasons. Wal-mart has better made shirts, from China.

The licensed replica jersies are way overpriced. Authentics are crazy. I have no problem buying from China. The middleman, who is in the US, still makes most of the money. And I don't have to spend an arm and a leg.

This is what my blood pressure medication (prescription label) says. Lisinopril and in tiny print on the bottom it says "for prinivil/zestril".

Do you know what that means? It means that my pharmacy is giving me the cheaper knockoff, AND IT DIRECTLY IMPACTS MY HEALTH!!!

I don't buy from DHGate, I go to the store and pay way too much for a jersey of a player that isn't going to finish their career with this team. I get it, and I'm a sucker for that. BUT DON'T YOU DARE GET ON PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY ARE TRYING TO SAVE SOME HARD EARNED MONEY! Shame on you douche.

As opposed to paying the NFL markup for the exact same product imported from china?

Exactly. Or Honduras, Columbia, South Korea.. I got a jersey from DHGate. Honest First was the seller. $37. Free shipping. Got to me in less than five days. Looks great.

Edited by purple haze