The Pessimism Thread

Virgil

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea we got a terrible defense. Brady played something like 432 games without an interception and threw four against us. Vick threw 4 interceptions. Get a clue loser boys, there is more than one way to stop an opposing offense. I know we just were lucky 8 times in those two games.

We are one missed field goal away from being 5-0 right now. Cinci is 3-2 and right now has one of the best defenses. I wouldn't be surprised to see them give aging Pittsburg and baldemore a run for their money this year. That was not a bad loss.

Remember that we beat the Eagles even though our starting slot receiver is out for the year, our starting left offensive tackle was out and our starting WR went down in the first quarter. If we lost, then the whiners would be saying that they were expecting to hear a bunch of excuses about our poor luck. Where is the praise for winning despite these subtractions?

I'm going to go ahead and draw the line in the sand and let people declare if they are on board or off with the Bills making the playoffs.

For me, I'm off board and here is why.

We just gave up over 400 yards to a team who scored 8 points last week. Oh yeah, Andy Dalton is their QB. Are you serious?

Yes, we are better than last year. No, we will not make the playoffs. We could very easily be 1-3 right now. Look at the silver lining all you want, but it took the Bills to do something that no other team has done in NFL history to get wins 2 and 3. And yes, I'll take that Pats win as my highlight of the season, but those two wins will not happen 9/10 times.

Plain and simple, the Bengals figured us out. I saw it from the very first drive where they showed Fitz one coverage, and then changed it right at the last second by moving the safeties around. We never got it going and I give it up to the Bengals for having a great scheme. But still, they were 1-2 and scored 8 points last week for a reason. They are not a good team. We did all the same things that we did for the first few weeks with run formations and spreads, and they were all over us. You think that was a fluke? No, we got manhandled and the Offense couldn't cover up for the D again this year.

Seriously, this was a Bengals offense where we didn't have to overplay the run or pass. They don't have any specific threat to be afraid of. And if you say AJ Green, I'll puke on you. He's a rookie WR and if we can't handle him, then we have bigger problems than I thought. Yet, in the end, we made them look like ProBowlers. In the end, they were running all over us, breaking tackles, making easy catches. It was pathetic.

So yeah, I'm going to draw my line in the sand and say we won't make the playoffs and will not finish over .500.

Kansas City Chiefs (won and should have)

OAKLAND RAIDERS (play it again 10 more times and we lose 9 of them)

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (Good luck getting that homefield advantage and 4ints again)

Cincinnati Bengals (Beat by a weaker team, exposed our D for who we are and gave the NFL the blueprint to beating our Offense)

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (Loss - Unless the Eagles give it away again)

New York Giants (Loss - Again, Eli would have to give it to us)

WASHINGTON REDSKINS (Win - We will win of of these previous 3, so I'll pick this one)

NEW YORK JETS - (Win - Cause we split with them usually)

Dallas Cowboys - (Loss - Because we always do, but the Cowboys do seem to lose like we did last year, so maybe)

Miami Dolphins - (Win, we are bad, they are worse)

New York Jets - (Loss, their turn to win)

TENNESSEE TITANS - (Loss, won't beat a 300+ yard QB)

San Diego Chargers - (Loss, Rivers crushes our D)

MIAMI DOLPHINS (Win, See Before)

DENVER BRONCOS (Win, Broncos are just as bad as the Dolphins, too little too late game)

New England Patriots (Loss, Pats will need this game)

Final Record 8-8 with another draft geared towards Defense with no reason to believe it will make a difference with our defensive coaching.

Obviously, you're a Rob Johnson fan. You're the type that complained about Flutie's stats even though the Bills were winning games. Whether you win by 1 point or 50 points, the result is still the same. Yes the Bills D is giving up a ton of yards, but the Bills D has already surpassed their INT total already from last year in 5 games so far this season, so it's a trade off.

Yea we got a terrible defense. Brady played something like 432 games without an interception and threw four against us. Vick threw 4 interceptions. Get a clue loser boys, there is more than one way to stop an opposing offense. I know we just were lucky 8 times in those two games.

We are one missed field goal away from being 5-0 right now. Cinci is 3-2 and right now has one of the best defenses. I wouldn't be surprised to see them give aging Pittsburg and baldemore a run for their money this year. That was not a bad loss.

Remember that we beat the Eagles even though our starting slot receiver is out for the year, our starting left offensive tackle was out and our starting WR went down in the first quarter. If we lost, then the whiners would be saying that they were expecting to hear a bunch of excuses about our poor luck. Where is the praise for winning despite these subtractions?

exactly!!

I'm going to go ahead and draw the line in the sand and let people declare if they are on board or off with the Bills making the playoffs.

We just gave up over 400 yards to a team who scored 8 points last week. Oh yeah, Andy Dalton is their QB. Are you serious?

Yes, we are better than last year. No, we will not make the playoffs. We could very easily be 1-3 right now. Look at the silver lining all you want, but it took the Bills to do something that no other team has done in NFL history to get wins 2 and 3. And yes, I'll take that Pats win as my highlight of the season, but those two wins will not happen 9/10 times.

Plain and simple, the Bengals figured us out. I saw it from the very first drive where they showed Fitz one coverage, and then changed it right at the last second by moving the safeties around. We never got it going and I give it up to the Bengals for having a great scheme. But still, they were 1-2 and scored 8 points last week for a reason. They are not a good team. We did all the same things that we did for the first few weeks with run formations and spreads, and they were all over us. You think that was a fluke? No, we got manhandled and the Offense couldn't cover up for the D again this year.

Seriously, this was a Bengals offense where we didn't have to overplay the run or pass. They don't have any specific threat to be afraid of. And if you say AJ Green, I'll puke on you. He's a rookie WR and if we can't handle him, then we have bigger problems than I thought. Yet, in the end, we made them look like ProBowlers. In the end, they were running all over us, breaking tackles, making easy catches. It was pathetic.

So yeah, I'm going to draw my line in the sand and say we won't make the playoffs and will not finish over .500.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (Good luck getting that homefield advantage and 4ints again)

Cincinnati Bengals (Beat by a weaker team, exposed our D for who we are and gave the NFL the blueprint to beating our Offense)

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (Won, but on a last minute int and dumb offsides)

New York Giants (Loss - Again, Eli would have to give it to us. He didn't, Fitz was off, loss)

WASHINGTON REDSKINS (Win - We will win one of these previous 3, so I'll pick this one. Still a win, they are that bad)

NEW YORK JETS - (Win - Cause we split with them usually)

Dallas Cowboys - (Loss - Because we always do, but the Cowboys do seem to lose like we did last year, so maybe)

New York Jets - (Loss, their turn to win)

DENVER BRONCOS (Win, Broncos are just as bad as the Dolphins, too little too late game)

Final Record 8-8 with another draft geared towards Defense with no reason to believe it will make a difference with our defensive coaching.

Okay, as a man of my word. I've updated this with the past two weeks. I feel like I was pretty spot on with the Giants game. Eli was on point, Fitz made some mistakes, Florence had a bad game, and we can't keep relying on the HR ball.

I added my changes in bold, but still think we will be lucky to get to 9-7 like this.

As always, I want them to win. I desperately want them to win. But we are too easy to be exposed and I'm still waiting for a convincing win over a good team.

FWIW if Vegas had to assign a pt spread to all of these games next week and you took the favorite in win every game, the remainder of the season would go exactly as you predict except we would beat the Titans for 10 wins. And really if we can't beat them at home then who are we beating on the road in the playoffs...

Obviously the favorite probably won't win every game; we might lose @Miami and win @Dallas or something. The biggest game to me right now is that 1st Jets game - it's huuuuge - lose that one and 10 wins probably won't be enough.

Obviously, you're a Rob Johnson fan. You're the type that complained about Flutie's stats even though the Bills were winning games. Whether you win by 1 point or 50 points, the result is still the same. Yes the Bills D is giving up a ton of yards, but the Bills D has already surpassed their INT total already from last year in 5 games so far this season, so it's a trade off.

Where are you now, today?

For your edification, Flutie won a grand total of ZERO playoff games, and why is that? The same problems that won him fame (digging a hole that led to being down in the 4th quarter) doesn't get you a win. Sloppy play doesn't get you a win. Turning the ball over doesn't get you a win. Statistics are for stories and for Hall of Fame ballots, and Flutie was deficient in stats and the ability to win when it REALLY counts.

Edited by BmoreBills

• 3 weeks later...

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (Won, but on a luck offsides play)

New York Giants (Loss - Eli didn't give it to us)

WASHINGTON REDSKINS (Win - Redskins were that bad)

NEW YORK JETS - (Loss - Blown out and didn't deserve to be on the same field. Now 3rd in the division)

New York Jets - (Loss, no reason to believe we will beat this team)

As promised, It's back and I don't really see any change in the end result.

Updated my the wins/losses and right back to 8-8. Fitz has done nothing but regress over the past 3 weeks. Our D has gotten better, but other teams have figured our our offense.

I don't enjoy this at all, but it's who we are and this is why I just don't let myself get excited with these good starts.

Updated my the wins/losses and right back to 8-8. Fitz has done nothing but regress over the past 3 weeks. Our D has gotten better, but other teams have figured our our offense.

I don't enjoy this at all, but it's who we are and this is why I just don't let myself get excited with these good starts.

Oh, wasn't sure you'd be back considering you were M.I.A. last week. So I guess when they lose you'll return to remind us all how smart you are, but when they win you'll stay under your rock? You're quite the man's man!

:thumbdown:

Not sure how anyone can talk themselves into the playoffs other than emotionally attachment. They got pounded at home today vs the jets and have a road game against them to come. That's one loss. They barely beat the pats and the pats have won 20 in a row at home in the regular season so that's another road loss. The team doesn't travel west well an has to go to san Diego, that's a loss. And the cowboys game is a loss next week, book it. Assuming they win the rest, that's 9-7. And on the outside looking in.

Someone make a legit argument they have a shot in ny, ne, sd or Dallas.

Yep, no way this team makes the playoffs. Even 10-6 would be iffy, and you have two certain losses to the Jets and Pats away. That means you have to go 6-1 in the other games to be confident at all. That ain't happening. Today's game was a must.

So when we miss the playoffs are we supposed to mail you a dollar for calling it early?

I think it is obvious this team needs a lot of work, but the problems aren't the way you are saying. Today's problem was more the offense than the defense. The defense pretty much gave up and played really sloppy after the offense kept screwing up.

I think the biggest thing that lost the game for us was coaching. We were really outcoached, and the offense had no answer. The other thing is, we really need to get one of our LTs back and levitre healthy. FJ probably would have ran a lot better with wood/levritre in the middle.

Overal, the team needs to get better. But I think it is more of a 9-7 team than it is an 8-8 team. either way, the team is heading in the right direction. it just needs to keep improving.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

So when we miss the playoffs are we supposed to mail you a dollar for calling it early?

Hey, that would be great. Thanks for the offer.

Seriously though, there is never a guarantee for what the future may hold. Even if the Bills are on the "upswing" this year, there is no guarantee that next year will be better. The team put themselves in the playoff picture and to miss out, yet again, will be very disheartening, even if it looks like they may be getting better. You have to take advantage of any chance you get because you may not get that chance again. Anyone happy with 8-8 or even 9-7 this year, after the way things started, is easily satisfied.

I have to say, there was a large part of me that was hoping to be horribly proven wrong when I made this thread. It doesn't look like that's going to be the case. In fact, it's worse than I ever thought possible.

Here's what I've learned so far

~Like every other year, the NFL has adjusted at the halfway point to our offense, and we haven't adjusted with them. Our O looks pathetic.

~Outside of the Skins/Chiefs games, we've had to play out of our minds to win the games we did. You can't keep relying on getting that many turnovers

~For all that is holy, please stop signing in season extensions. Jauron, Kyle Williams, Fitz. enough said

~We look so bad right now, I don't even know where to fix it. Seriously, where is the blatant weak hole? It's everywhere.

Right now, with the way the Dolphins are playing, I don't know that 7-9 might not be possible.

At this point, we have gotten straight up outplayed, outcoached, and out motivated in two games that were supposed to be important to our players and coaches. We are no better than we were when we started 0-8 right last year. What would you re-sign Fitz to now? What money would you give Stevie?

This is the Bills we all know. We are in a lot, A LOT, of trouble