The only thing worse then the officiating is Steve Tasker.

ACor58

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can say it is OK for him not to be a homer, or OK for him for being honest, or even OK for trying to be even-handed, but what he said about the fan with the Tasker jersey was unforgivable, and he should apologize, basically calling 'those few' that wear his jersey creepy. That was obnoxious!

My take on steve is that he loves this team so much that he gets genuinely upset when the bills dont do well.....and it affects his commenting to the point where it comes out badly......

I dont hate on Tasker for it...it happens because he loves the Bills

This^^^^^^^^^^^^ and he's a really bad commentator.

He has just become the cheesy NFL shill. He doesnt criticize the league as he should. For ex his comments supporting the tuck rule were ridiculous. But its not just him. The Bills get the worst commentator duos week in week out, no matter the network. They also get some pretty two bit directing on these broadcasts. I dont know how many times I have seen plays where there phantom penalties called by the refs that cost the Bills a big play and they dont show the replay of the incident at all. There was another one of those today. Its like they assume that the Refs are perfect when quite obviously based on today are not.

Next time turn the TV down and listen to Murph. They have this new thing called streaming that allows you to listen to 97 rock in places like New Zealand. Don't forget Steve was a hell of a receiver too. What a freak.

Edited by JohninMinn.

I hear him on the radio broadcasts, and I think James Lofton is an ex-Bill that actually ADDS to the game. His delivery isn't great, but he actually ANTICIPATES plays by teams. To me, this is a sign of a knowledgeable commentator, and someone that is confident enough to go out on a limb. Tasker seems like he plays it safe in an effort to move up the ladder by being as bland as possible. It doesn't appear to be working though, because he still works the low-rung games. Hopefully a different ex-player will soon take his spot.

I don't care how good he was as a Bill, I ain't washing his balls. Why should I if he wants to be impartial? (I think he should be, But then I gotta be impartial when I evaluate his performance....he's terrible.) Troy Aikman does a decent job, but everyone accepts his natural Cowboy bias. It's kinda a given.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

I don't get all this Tasker hate with all the other buffoons on air. Other than Collinsworth, is there any colour guy who actually has consistently good insight?

I agree. Collinsworth is a great colour guy and other than that, most the rest are horrible. I like Tasker since he doesn't fellate any one player, like most colour guys do with say Brady, Manning, and *gasp* Bruschi. I also like Tasker since it seems like he genuinely knows what he is talking about, at least more so than 95% of the rest of them.

My take on steve is that he loves this team so much that he gets genuinely upset when the bills dont do well.....and it affects his commenting to the point where it comes out badly......

I dont hate on Tasker for it...it happens because he loves the Bills

He made a couple of poor comments while we were winning, and so I can't believe this.