Nice Drop Stevie

I don't get how the refs can initially call that an incompletion. That is total bull ****

Refs were sucking it today, not calling holding on their Oline I saw Kyle, Merriman and Dareus getting mugged plenty nor pass interference and lets not forget the tuck rule which needs to be abolished. Any pass or loose ball that doesn't go past the line of scrimmage should be a fumble. This isn't a just a spur of the moment thought, it is something I have thought about for years because it makes it simple if there is a turnover and there would be more turnovers which would make the game more exciting.

The "tuck" rule needs to be abolished. A fumble is a fumble. The call on Stevie should be a fireable offense to the NFL.

Sorry, but the Bills D played well enough to win the game, they scored 2 touchdowns (one of which was "tuck" ruled). The officiating was horrendous. When an offensive lineman takes his stance, HE CAN'T MOVE so when one of the lineman stands up to look back at the QB it is a false start.

Stevie, and the Bills, were robbed by that call and THEY REVIEWED IT! Officials need to call a fair game, but they changed momentum, which is bad on them. I don't blame the Bills at all for this mess.

The Bills had 0 turnovers on offense, a fumble recovery (tuck), and a pick 6. This game was all black and white

Hell ya it does he wasn't passing it forward

I sat next to a Cinci fan all game and we both saw Stevie catch that ball. However that play didn't cost the game. Inconsistency on both sides of the ball = loss. That loss will hopefully start a new win streak to a 5 and 1 bye. GO BILLS!!!!

CC

a very clear catch, one angle showed difinitive evidence that he had his arm under the ball and full control of it the whole way.

I should have been a catch.

This was the game changer. We would have killed more clock and put up the insurance points. Inexcusable call.

Lets not forget we still had the lead at this point and we did EVERYTHING wrong after this play.

Why didn't he cradle it when he went down? Why did he need to put an arm down and hold it with one hand? . . . it's too big of a play to have any doubt on, get the first down, and go to the next series. Yes, it was bad call by the officials, but equally bad by him in not protecting the ball, it was an easy catch and first down, and his not securing it left it in the hands of the officials and that is never a good thing.

that play may not have cost us the game as many have stated, but is impossible to argue that it didnt cost us about 90% of the game. we get the first down and were near midfield with a new set of downs. a first down or two and we kick a field goal, making it a two score game. even if we dont get the first, we easily run another minute or two off the clock, not allowing the bengals to get the ball back for their last drive even if they still scored the TD on the previous drive. and all this isnt even taking into account the huge momentum swing of the players and the crowd. it fell apart from there. suffice to say, that botched call SCREWED us.

The "tuck" rule needs to be abolished. A fumble is a fumble. The call on Stevie should be a fireable offense to the NFL.

Sorry, but the Bills D played well enough to win the game, they scored 2 touchdowns (one of which was "tuck" ruled). The officiating was horrendous. When an offensive lineman takes his stance, HE CAN'T MOVE so when one of the lineman stands up to look back at the QB it is a false start.

Stevie, and the Bills, were robbed by that call and THEY REVIEWED IT! Officials need to call a fair game, but they changed momentum, which is bad on them. I don't blame the Bills at all for this mess.

The Bills had 0 turnovers on offense, a fumble recovery (tuck), and a pick 6. This game was all black and white

I just saw a Larry Fitzgerald "catch" that was wayyyyyyy more incomplete than Stevie's today. (the jump ball on a 48 yard gain in the third quarter if anybody wants to check it out). I would love to see the league compare these two and explain how one is a catch and one isn't. At least it took the sh*tty blind refs to cost the Bills this one.

Why didn't he cradle it when he went down? Why did he need to put an arm down and hold it with one hand? . . . it's too big of a play to have any doubt on, get the first down, and go to the next series. Yes, it was bad call by the officials, but equally bad by him in not protecting the ball, it was an easy catch and first down, and his not securing it left it in the hands of the officials and that is never a good thing.

You're really grasping at straws here trying to find something to blame Stevie for on that play IMO. If he goes down with both hands on the ball instead of bracing himself for the contact with the ground, maybe he hits hard enough for the ball to actually come out, or worse, breaks a collarbone or something.

Refs were sucking it today, not calling holding on their Oline I saw Kyle, Merriman and Dareus getting mugged plenty nor pass interference and lets not forget the tuck rule which needs to be abolished. Any pass or loose ball that doesn't go past the line of scrimmage should be a fumble. This isn't a just a spur of the moment thought, it is something I have thought about for years because it makes it simple if there is a turnover and there would be more turnovers which would make the game more exciting.

Mugged? That is an understatement!! The Bengals O Line had Williams, Dareus and Merriman in choke holds, more often then not. Merriman was tackled on a play in front of the referee in the backfield and the ref just shook his head no.

You're really grasping at straws here trying to find something to blame Stevie for on that play IMO. If he goes down with both hands on the ball instead of bracing himself for the contact with the ground, maybe he hits hard enough for the ball to actually come out, or worse, breaks a collarbone or something.

First -- The ground cannot cause a fumble.

Second -- The reason the call was bad is because he was already down on his knees in full control BEFORE he went to the ground. The play was already over before anything should have been questioned.

The NFL has TOO many rules and is "over officious" to coin a phrase from Marv Levy.

Honestly, when I saw it live, catch, no question. Then, the first replay they showed, for a split second I thought it moved, before realizing that it wasn't the ball moving, but it was Nate Clements pink glove, as he reached around and tried to strip Johnson of the ball...I thought then, "I understand the confusion, but upon further review, surely, they will get it right"...man was I wrong...are these the same officials that called the Syracuse game a few weeks ago? That was an awful call. IMO, the refs are either blind, or, they upheld the call on the field, to save face...terrible... :thumbdown:

Mugged? That is an understatement!! The Bengals O Line had Williams, Dareus and Merriman in choke holds, more often then not. Merriman was tackled on a play in front of the referee in the backfield and the ref just shook his head no.

I don't normally harp on officiating, because, normally it is a bit subjective, and the Bills do more than enough on their own to blow games...surely, they didn't play well, but I saw what you saww...constant holding, hands to the face...none of it called. The Bills had some major help in losing this game today...

One Call does not make a Game...And to the Bungles credit they made a lot of plays in the 2nd Half...But that Call came at such a critical point...The Bills get a 1st Down there and they are closing in on FG range...It completely changed the Game and the momentum...And it seemed like The Bills Players let it get inside their heads...You could just feel it...It was a terrible Call, but it seemed to take the gas completely out of The Bills at that point...It's like they stopped playing after that...

Exactly. The Bills lost 1,2,3 in my opinion

1) They got outplayed on both lines most of the day

2) They did a lot of things right - won the TO battle, few penalties, converted TO to points, sustained a clock-eating drive that ended in points

3) They let that bad call get inside their heads and take the gas out of them, instead of letting it make them fierce on D and focused on getting the ball back to our offense.

First -- The ground cannot cause a fumble.

Second -- The reason the call was bad is because he was already down on his knees in full control BEFORE he went to the ground. The play was already over before anything should have been questioned.

The NFL has TOO many rules and is "over officious" to coin a phrase from Marv Levy.

I understand that, but do you disagree that it would have been even easier to make the same bad call if the ball actually came out or touched the ground at some point?

I understand that, but do you disagree that it would have been even easier to make the same bad call if the ball actually came out or touched the ground at some point?

I don't know and I could not predict.

There were two calls that made no sense to me.

The tuck and the Johnson call.

We got the breaks last week against New England on a few calls. Maybe we were due?

We just need to play better, that is a fact.