Merriman

Boludo

I'm sick of this complete lack of production.

He seems like a cool guy. He seems to bring leadership and a winning attitude to the team. He seems good at getting the boys ready to play. He has great intangibles.

But damn son you gotta do SOMETHING on the field! That little taste we got in the preseason was nice, but he hasn't done **** so far this year in real games.

I want to like you Shawne. I want to do the Lights Out dance in my living room and run out and buy a Merriman jersey.

Giive me a reason tomorrow!

I was at the Pats* game and I watched the OL-DL with bonoculars on almost every snap. The Pats have an excellent OL and a system that gets the ball out quickly. Merriman had a good game. He was held a few times but he and Kyle were instrumental in taking away the run. The Pats had a 21 point lead and they could not run on us.

Merriman had pressure. The sacks will come.

Moats isn't ready for every down play.

Kelsay has made many plays and is constantly around the ball.

This is not going to be popular but I will say it. Kelsay is having a good season.

Edited by Bob in STL

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I was speaking in hyperbole. Merriman is better than Maybin, and I gave him some other praise in the OP.

All I'm saying is the Bills need a better pass rush going forward to keep consistently winning, and that I hope Merriman plays a key part in that.

Let's Go Buffalo

Agree, better pass rush, and continuation of last week's stepped-up DB play both needed to go forward consistently.

As for Merriman playing a key part in it - I'll drink to that! :beer:

"Better than Maybin" of course. I would argue - better than the Bills players who were actually active for games and seeing the field.

This is not going to be popular but I will say it. Kelsay is having a good season.

This is not going to be provable, but I will say it: Improved DL play from Dareus/Edwards and improved ROL play from both Merriman and Batten are one reason that Kelsay looks better.

Edited by Hopeful

Bills have played a ton of Nickle D the past 3 weeks. In their base Nickle, SM plays DE in a 3 point stance. He will not rack up many sacks in that formation. That being said, I'd like to see them move him aroung a bit and get him mismatched on a TE or RB.

I think Merriman is just shaking off some of the rust. You have to keep in mind the guy hasn't played in 2 out of the last 3 seasons including all of last season. The guy needs more playing time and while I don't think he will be lights out again I think he will regain some of that explosiveness he had in his prime years in SD.

He has played well against the run and has had a couple of QB pressures each game. Its just that he seems to disappear as a pass rusher at times. Lets hope today against a struggling offense he begins to come alive.

He seems like a cool guy. He seems to bring leadership and a winning attitude to the team. He seems good at getting the boys ready to play. He has great intangibles.

But damn son you gotta do SOMETHING on the field! That little taste we got in the preseason was nice, but he hasn't done **** so far this year in real games.

I want to like you Shawne. I want to do the Lights Out dance in my living room and run out and buy a Merriman jersey.

Giive me a reason tomorrow!

There, is he productive now that you have a number to extrapolate into something?-)

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-09-06/justice/merriman.arrest_1_tila-tequila-mr-merriman-shawne-merriman?_s=PM:CRIME

Cool guy huh?

Had to come some way

It is a long-standing tradition here at TSW to refrain from starting new threads during games. Please do your part in helping us keep this the best Buffalo Bills message board on the planet.

Thanks for your help!

I watched Merriman every snap he was on the field - he looked terrible. One pressure in the first half, and he got credit for a sack for corraling Dalton out of bounds (he tried to stunt and got denied). There was zero pash rush in the second half, and he often got stood up one on one.

If that's our pash rush, our D is in trouble.

I watched Merriman every snap he was on the field - he looked terrible. One pressure in the first half, and he got credit for a sack for corraling Dalton out of bounds (he tried to stunt and got denied). There was zero pash rush in the second half, and he often got stood up one on one.

If that's our pash rush, our D is in trouble.

Merriman should be sent packing for the same reason Lee was traded. We may make the play-offs this year, but we certainly are not SB contenders. Let's give our younger players a year to develop before next year, when we should go deep into the play-offs. Our D is the weakest link here, let's end Nix's nostalgic experiment.

Merriman should be sent packing for the same reason Lee was traded. We may make the play-offs this year, but we certainly are not SB contenders. Let's give our younger players a year to develop before next year, when we should go deep into the play-offs. Our D is the weakest link here, let's end Nix's nostalgic experiment.

He's played 4 games after missing a season and a half. For a team that badly needs a pass rusher, I've give him a full season to get his legs under him.

With all the people here saying he's doing good, and I have been one stating that he is back but used differently, I WAS WRONG! Buffalo's defense lost this game! Here is why:

How can a rookie qb that was having issues in the first half come out and explode in the 2nd. If you are a defense that has minimum sacks this year at best, you would be licking your chops to put in a mix of blitz packages to confuse the young qb and get sacks. I might say he's in the packaga and set up, so it should be the defensive coordinators job. So who do people blame a guy that used to get a lot of sacks or the coordinator? In my opinion, I think it's both. Bring in Moats and see what he has to offer.

I wrote this on the "official" Bills forums. I think Merriman's injury is much bigger than we think. Here's my theory. Until I see him on the other side I'll continue to believe he's hiding something.

Well lets see....it's widely known that he injured his shoulder and he was seen with it strapped up. If I recall it was his right shoulder? Sooooo...wouldn't it follow that you would always rush from the side where your shoulder would be the least exposed?

I think Merriman's injury is worse than anyone wants to let on. There's a bit of a chess match going on here with opposing coaches. The guy was UNBLOCKABLE in the preseason and now he's a beefy version of Eddie Robinson? Something is wrong physically.