When to re-sign Fitz, Stevie, Freddie?

Virgil

I would wait until the bye week. If we get to 5-0, I think signing long term deals with these 3 players could be in the best interest of the team.

Being 3-2 or 5-0 should have no bearing on a long term deal.

It is just silly to suggest that their value is a penny stock that rises and falls day by day.

They're either blue chip long term players or they're not.

The next 2 games or 2 months have little to do with long term value.

Edited by Why So Serious?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta sign Fitz. I believe the others are replaceable. Spiller scores on the Freddo pass/catch/run at end of Pats game. No one catches him. Fred gets caught. Spiller runs away from people. Stevie is a very good player, not a great one. Chan/Fitz are making this happen, along with the O Line.

These are the reasons why buffalo has sucked for a long time.

Fred Jackson is playing like number 2 running back IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE. just the thought of replacing him is dumb (being nice here)

Stevie is not a great one. no comment.

ps. if not for fj we would be 1-2. spiller is trying to make an impact this year. he was a bust last year. you're trying to replace an everydown back for a guy that was FOR SURE a bust last year??????

These are the reasons why buffalo has sucked for a long time.

Fred Jackson is playing like number 2 running back IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE. just the thought of replacing him is dumb (being nice here)

Stevie is not a great one. no comment.

ps. if not for fj we would be 1-2. spiller is trying to make an impact this year. he was a bust last year. you're trying to replace an everydown back for a guy that was FOR SURE a bust last year??????

You're very likely going to have to replace Fred Jackson within the next 2-3 years anyway. And he's under contract this year and next.

Whats with this weird respect of the Eagles around here? Because they are a NFC team thats SUPPOSED to be good? They have no real QB, the Bills will trash them. The real bench mark is division play, and one win over NE is not enough.

Lets see how the year plays out before we marry these guys. I have seen this before.

You are right. They gave a 100 million contract to a ghost....

Last year vick was on fire. his injuries are bugging him early this year. they have a hellofva offense like us. their secondary has been allowing tds, which is obviously not good. however they have 2 shutdown corners. yes, they have not played up to par, but could they start gelling vs bills? yes.

could we beat them. hell yes.

could they blow us out too. yes.

to state vick as not being a real qb is not very accurate.

I'd like to say that Fitz and Stevie need to get done asap. They are both playing great football right now. If things go this well for them throughout the year they will both be first selections for the ProBowl. Jackson is also in that list of Bills that could be playing in Hawaii but he is already under contract. Fitz and Stevie need to get done or they COULD hit FA. If one of them doesn't get done I'd expect a franchise tag to be placed on the other. Jackson has time to get another deal done and it's warranted by the way he's played so far this year. He's the ine guy I'd be comfortable with waiting until later in the year to see how he wears down as the season goes on. If he's still dominant after week 12 then give him a deal and make up for him having to wait.

In the end, I'd pay Fitz top 10-15 money for starting QB. I think were prolly looking at around 8-10million a year for 4-6 years.

Stevie will get about 6million a year for 5 years.

Jackson will get about 4million a year for 3.

Next offseason we make sure we get Levitre, Wood, Bell, locked up long term and that just abou does it for big name FA's in the offseason unless there's a stud DB or OLB pass rusher to be had.

Edited by mrags

I think we need to get Fitz and Stevie signed ASAP. I believe they both want to be here, but if either of them gets a chance to test the market, we all know how that can end up. We can't afford to lose these guys.

Freddie needs to get done, because it's the right thing to do, but not as pressing, because he is under contract. It will do wonders for the reputation of this franchise, however, to get these contracts done. Buffalo will begin to be a place everyone wants to play again.

You are right. They gave a 100 million contract to a ghost....

Last year vick was on fire. his injuries are bugging him early this year. they have a hellofva offense like us. their secondary has been allowing tds, which is obviously not good. however they have 2 shutdown corners. yes, they have not played up to par, but could they start gelling vs bills? yes.

could we beat them. hell yes.

could they blow us out too. yes.

to state vick as not being a real qb is not very accurate.

Yeah, 4 TDs vs 2 INTs and 7fumbles is real for sure :rolleyes: Bills in a walk. But it's the official's fault!! Why am I on the ground all the time??

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

I hate to crap in anyone's oatmeal, but nothing we say, or speculate, or wish, or curse. on this board has any impact on the goings-on at One Bills Drive.

No, that's right. Nothing whatsoever.

Particularly insofar as it relates to contract negotiations. I've watched this Front Office work its way through dozens of contracts of big-name players whom this fan base has screamed that MUST be re-signed or else it's the second coming of the Old Testament plagues. Oddly enough, the contracts get done, the terms seems fair and equitable to all parties, and the fans on TwoBillsDrive start screaming about something else.

Sorry to poop on things. Let's stay focused on Cincinnati. Have a great day.

We dont post things hoping to influence the team. We post because people like talking football. Noone cares, Debbie Downer.

I think we need to get Fitz and Stevie signed ASAP. I believe they both want to be here, but if either of them gets a chance to test the market, we all know how that can end up. We can't afford to lose these guys.

Freddie needs to get done, because it's the right thing to do, but not as pressing, because he is under contract. It will do wonders for the reputation of this franchise, however, to get these contracts done. Buffalo will begin to be a place everyone wants to play again.

Look at what the Niners gave Nate Clements a few years back and he wasn't even that good! They'll be making a HUGE mistake if they wait till the end of the season to get these three guys' contracts done.

Fred Jackson would be an excellent player on any team. We have him under contract through next season. They don't have to re-sign him at all, they just should. It's the right thing to do. It's possible that he will hold out next year if he does not get his contract reworked and then it would get ugly.

Stevie Johnson is so good right now he could also be excellent on any team. He just gets open enough, he has great hands and body control, and he has a knack for the endzone. He can make a fortune on the open market. I'm sure he likes/loves Buffalo and playing with Fitz and his teammates but he could make huge money in FA next year.

Fitz is a completely different animal and I would bet anything that he's smart enough to know that he could maybe make more money elsewhere but not be as happy and successful without Gailey. They have this tremendous synery and scheme going. He probably wants to sign with the Bills and may even give a hometown discount, albeit a small one.

I expect Fitz to sign, perhaps soon. I think it's 50-50 we re-negotiate with Freddy this year (his agent recently approached the Bills and the Bills told him no). It might get ugly. If I had to guess, I think the Bills make Stevie a very substantial offer but he doesn't take it and waits a little. He could probably make more waiting until FA next year.

Yeah, 4 TDs vs 2 INTs and 7fumbles is real for sure :rolleyes: Bills in a walk. But it's the official's fault!! Why am I on the ground all the time??

you cant judge a guy based on 3 weeks.

he has been mr 100 million TWICE!!!!

im not saying i want him. im not even saying hes good. i was just saying that hes definitely not a nobody qb....

a nobody qb is trent edwards or rob johnson

you cant judge a guy based on 3 weeks.

he has been mr 100 million TWICE!!!!

im not saying i want him. im not even saying hes good. i was just saying that hes definitely not a nobody qb....

a nobody qb is trent edwards or rob johnson

I never said Vick was that bad. I just find this "wow maybe we can beat the Eagles!" attitude with some posters here odd. Would anyone know they were so great if ESPN didn't say so? I would be very disappointed if the Bills didn't clobber them.

Yes I am guilty of looking past Cincinnati. OK because I'm not a player. As far as the OPs question, lets keep the players mentioned hungry till they win the division.

Guys......we are going to sign all of them ie

ALL of them......Buddy has said that is the business model from the beginning.......draft your own....sign your own.......mid tier free agents to fill in the gaps.....we are WAY under the cap and have to spend even more over the next two years......

Fitz, Stevie, Chandler, either bell or pears (or both)

is

Next year.....or in the offseason.....a increase in pay for Freddie

You got Shep waiting in the wings so you will probably see Andre Davis moving on......and they will fill the backup spot in the draft

I personally hope they sign both Bell AND Pears......and keep this whole line intact while keeping the solid backup depth......

I hate to crap in anyone's oatmeal, but nothing we say, or speculate, or wish, or curse. on this board has any impact on the goings-on at One Bills Drive.

No, that's right. Nothing whatsoever.

Particularly insofar as it relates to contract negotiations. I've watched this Front Office work its way through dozens of contracts of big-name players whom this fan base has screamed that MUST be re-signed or else it's the second coming of the Old Testament plagues. Oddly enough, the contracts get done, the terms seems fair and equitable to all parties, and the fans on TwoBillsDrive start screaming about something else.

Sorry to poop on things. Let's stay focused on Cincinnati. Have a great day.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That may be true when you are playing Madden Franchise Mode, but that is certainly not the case with Ralph, Litman, & Jimmy O, wake the :censored: up, :D

As for these 3, I would take care of Freddy first since he will be most likely be the easiest to do, just bump him up some, the $ is there. Get him out of the way quick, then knock out Fitz & Stevie's deals soon. I'd like to see them finalized by the half-way point of the season... again, the $ is there. I have no problem paying for performance, potential is another story.

You're very likely going to have to replace Fred Jackson within the next 2-3 years anyway. And he's under contract this year and next.

I'm curious if your reasoning is because of his age. If it is, I humbly disagree. Age does not play a factor in his case because he has not taken a pounding like most 30 yr old backs. He's still not taking a huge pounding; yes he runs aggressively, but his production is not from the amt of attempts; it's coming in chunks. what's his YPC avg this year? 6.2 or something like that?

Edited by UncleMonkeyHead

I'm curious if your reasoning is because of his age. If it is, I humbly disagree. Age does not play a factor in his case because he has not taken a pounding like most 30 yr old backs. He's still not taking a huge pounding; yes he runs aggressively, but his production is not from the amt of attempts; it's coming in chunks. what's his YPC avg this year? 6.2 or something like that?

Just because he wasn't playing in the NFL doesn't mean he wasn't playing, he was still playing football. In fact, in 2006 he played 2 seasons (one in NFL Europe and one with the Bills.) He's now played 8 seasons of professional football (9 if you count the double season in 2006.)

I love Freddie, and I hope he plays 5 more productive years. But the odds are against that happening.

Edited by Captain Caveman