Trade Spiller?

Trading Spiller makes no sense because he fills a role on this team and would get you next to nothing in return right now.........

I think Spiller is in the perfect spot....if we want to keep Freddie productive like this for the next few years he is gonna need to be spelled......Spiller is getting better and better......but not a threat to take the starting spot from Freddie just yet.

Well Put. +1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus man, why! haha

My wife liked the Special Version Flirt Jersey here, it only came in the Spiller version. I always buy 4 of the same players after the Briere / Vanek incident a few year ago :doh: , I picked Vanek & she took Briere (against my advice). My Jersey is still useful & hers is good for nothing. Now we ride 4 high & Spiller should get better & better, hopefully.

Just a thought I'd like to throw out there. With the success Freddie is having plus the inevitability of a new contract, added to the fact that Spiller rarely even plays, and, when he does, does not produce as a RB or WR. I think the Bills should try to deal Spiller to a team in dire need of RB help (Denver, Chicago, Cincinnati come to mind) and see what, if anything, we can get in return draft pick wise. Perhaps if Spiller got a chance as a starter elsewhere, maybe he could turn into something. Just a thought.

Can the draft choice run the ball this year if Fred gets hurt?

Guys I think there was no-one here thought Fitz should have played before last year. Back up was all I heard. I remember not long ago people were saying to trade Kyle Williams as we were going to a 3-4 defence and he was a 4-3 DT not a 3-4 NT. Freddie Jackson was a nice back up etc etc etc. Last year Spiller wasn't ready, he wasn't patient enough. Spiller played well against Oakland and is not makig serious numbers because he's not getting the carries. Why? Because Freddie is on fire and according to Michael Irvin "the best RB in the World". Freddie is getting the carries. Spiller is the RB here for the next ten years. You are too quick to call someone a bust.

Edited by dailar

Guys I think there was no-one here thought Fitz should have played before last year.

I was lobbying heavy to name Fitz the starter during pre season last year. If I have time I'll look up some of those old threads.

You don't seem to remember that in 2009 despite all the turmoil, he led us to come from behind wins against eventual AFC Championship game competitor Jets, and the Dolphins. He lit it up in a snow storm. We went 5-4 with him in and 1-6 with everyone else.

Just because you missed it, doesn't mean we all did.

Edited by reddogblitz

I was lobbying heavy to name Fitz the starter during pre season last year. If I have time I'll look up some of those old threads.

You don't seem to remember that in 2009 despite all the turmoil, he led us to come from behind wins against eventual AFC Championship game competitor Jets, and the Dolphins. He lit it up in a snow storm. We went 5-4 with him in and 1-6 with everyone else.

Just because you missed it, doesn't mean we all did.

I didnt miss it at all. Against the colts he was excellent in the snow. I remember him laying out a massive block on one run. I even brought it up. Dont assume!

I've been wondering if anything happened to Spiller during the game. He was barely on the field during the second half. Is he hurt? Is he in Gailey's doghouse? Were they just playing a conservative strategy that didn't involve him? Were they afraid to use him in such a high pressure situation? I kept looking for him and he was hardly ever on the field. Any ideas or insight? thanks.

Just a thought I'd like to throw out there. With the success Freddie is having plus the inevitability of a new contract, added to the fact that Spiller rarely even plays, and, when he does, does not produce as a RB or WR. I think the Bills should try to deal Spiller to a team in dire need of RB help (Denver, Chicago, Cincinnati come to mind) and see what, if anything, we can get in return draft pick wise. Perhaps if Spiller got a chance as a starter elsewhere, maybe he could turn into something. Just a thought.

The Bills would be lucky to get a 7th round pick for him. Look at the Evans trade. Spiller is no where near Evans, well besides he is playing and not in a boot.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/109767-fitzpatrick/page__p__1788692__hl__dailar__fromsearch__1#entry1788692

There you go. Haha quite funny to see everyones attitude towards fitz including me.

However my point is people are too quick to give up on players. Chill. :thumbsup:

Not sure how to do what you did link wise, but here's what I said:

Fitz is the class of the 3 QBs we have on the roster right now. If we did nothing, I'd be for Coach Gailey designing up an offense around him. He's not accurate and erratic, true. But he's got the fire to win. That's important. In that Indy game, yeah we were playig chumps, blah, blah, blah, but he played great in the blizzard. Can you honestly see Trent doing that? He didn't even look cold.

Put him in there, throw some screens, run the freakin' football, throw some 10-15 yard passes which he seems to be good at and Trent sucks at coupled with an aggressive improved D and we could battle it out for the last playoff spot into mid December.

Not sure how to do what you did link wise, but here's what I said:

Fitz is the class of the 3 QBs we have on the roster right now. If we did nothing, I'd be for Coach Gailey designing up an offense around him. He's not accurate and erratic, true. But he's got the fire to win. That's important. In that Indy game, yeah we were playig chumps, blah, blah, blah, but he played great in the blizzard. Can you honestly see Trent doing that? He didn't even look cold.

Put him in there, throw some screens, run the freakin' football, throw some 10-15 yard passes which he seems to be good at and Trent sucks at coupled with an aggressive improved D and we could battle it out for the last playoff spot into mid December.

I saw, more willing than I was back then to say what you thought. I was all brand new then :) However as I said my point is if you read that post most people were very down on Fitz being anything more than a back up. Some people need a little time. :flirt:

:censored::death:

Hmmm I have always thought running back was the most "natural" of all the positions and easiest to learn

It depends upon what's expected of the running back besides "take the handoff and run, man!"

Chan expects a lot more.