Stevie on Nfl Network

Dan

Great interview by Jamie Dukes! Video Link

When asked which tweet do you want from Deon - Pay the Man or from Dukes I believe in the Bills and they'll make the playoffs ? Without hesitation, he says its all about the playoffs. Do that and everything else takes care of itself. I'm loyal to the soil. I want to stay with the Bills.

When have you heard a player make comments like that? I mean the guy is mature beyond his years and definitely has the right perspective. The guy is all class, all Buffalo, and all world. Pay the guy (and Fitz and Jackson) and keep this team rolling!

Money talks. Most players say the same sort of thing, it's bad PR to say "I want a new contract, or I'm signing elsewhere." We all know if he gets a big offer from someone else, he'll take it. Very few players have ever taken less money to play with one team over another.

When have you heard a player make comments like that? I mean the guy is mature beyond his years and definitely has the right perspective. The guy is all class, all Buffalo, and all world. Pay the guy (and Fitz and Jackson) and keep this team rolling!

Pretty much anytime a player's contract is up at the end of a season. We heard it from Florence, we heard it from Merriman, we even heard it from Whitner.

Money talks. Most players say the same sort of thing, it's bad PR to say "I want a new contract, or I'm signing elsewhere." We all know if he gets a big offer from someone else, he'll take it. Very few players have ever taken less money to play with one team over another.

For the most part, I'll agree. However, there's a true genuineness in his demeanor. He's focused on one thing right now - winning games and getting to the playoffs.

For the most part, I'll agree. However, there's a true genuineness in his demeanor. He's focused on one thing right now - winning games and getting to the playoffs.

I'm glad *he* is. :)

But I also think he has his agent working behind the scenes looking for every penny possible.

The comments are great and all, but to me, it comes down to production on the field. Styles has shown that last year wasn't a mirage. He might not be the fastest guy on the field, or the most physically imposing, but he is an amazing route runner who has developed a great repoire with Fitz. They feed off of each other because ultimately, their success is tied to each other.

He is just important off the field as he is on the field, which in my eyes, is more than deserving of a payday.

5 years $35M with $19M guaranteed.

Edited by Hurricane Ditka

Players also like to win and Stevie's success is wrapped around Fitz and Chan. I expect a meeting of the minds shortly.

PTR

I'm not worried about Stevie getting a new contract. On top of being a Top-10 receiver in the NFL, his charisma makes him as good of a built-in marketing device as the Bills have ever had. The Bills will not fumble this situation simply because they cannot afford to.

How much cap room do we have right now? I've seen every number between $9M and $30M. If we extend Fitz, Stevie and Freddie this year I can see it costing us over $20M, assuming we frontload the bonuses.

PTR

Great interview by Jamie Dukes! Video Link

When asked which tweet do you want from Deon - Pay the Man or from Dukes I believe in the Bills and they'll make the playoffs ? Without hesitation, he says its all about the playoffs. Do that and everything else takes care of itself. I'm loyal to the soil. I want to stay with the Bills.

how exactly does that make him mature beyond his years? isnt it his job to try and help the Bills win?

why are people so obsessed with these guys getting paid? how does it affect your life if jackson is making 1.4 mil or 5 mil?

Edited by Max997

How much cap room do we have right now?  I've seen every number between $9M and $30M.  If we extend Fitz, Stevie and Freddie this year I can see it costing us over $20M, assuming we frontload the bonuses.PTR

I do believe it's closer to $30 mill. and I'm sure that's what the FO is doing..trying to make sure everything fits. IMO, they don't need to front load Stevie. You know he's gonna be here for a while. Probably same with FItz. But if Freddie doesn't get his money up front, he probably doesn't see it all. None the less, I'm confident they'll all be reworked and finish their careers as Bills.

how exactly does that make him mature beyond his years? isnt it his job to try and help the Bills win?<br /><br />why are people so obsessed with these guys getting paid? how does it affect your life if jackson is making 1.4 mil or 5 mil?

I wan Fred and Stevie and these guys paid because then they stay Bills and then the Bills keep winning and then I keep enjoying my football season and then life is good again. I could care less how much they get paid.. just as long as it's enough to keep them happy and in Buffalo.

The comments are great and all, but to me, it comes down to production on the field. Styles has shown that last year wasn't a mirage. He might not be the fastest guy on the field, or the most physically imposing, but he is an amazing route runner who has developed a great repoire with Fitz. They feed off of each other because ultimately, their success is tied to each other.

He is just important off the field as he is on the field, which in my eyes, is more than deserving of a payday.

5 years $35M with $19M guaranteed.

He'll get paid more than that.

He might be one of the most uncoverable dudes I've seen in a while...he is constantly open...

He really is a fantastic route runner. He has the innate ability to get open both underneath and deep.

How much cap room do we have right now? I've seen every number between $9M and $30M. If we extend Fitz, Stevie and Freddie this year I can see it costing us over $20M, assuming we frontload the bonuses.

LaCanfora has the Bills at around $24 million under the cap just before the season started. Gaughan predicts Fitz and Stevie will cost $18mil a year together.