Vick out against Bills

ShipUPride

The Bengals could very well beat us. I'm a little concerned that we might play down to our competition just like we have played up to our competition lately. Aside from the KC game, the Bills need to show that they can utterly dominate an inferior team (like the Bengals).

The Bills are about to make a transformation they have not been used to for a very long time. They are no longer the "hunters"... they have become the "hunted." Instead of being a team that other teams circle as an easy win, now other teams will circle the Bills as a game where they can make a statement. Here's hoping the Bills are up to the task.

I said before the season (though I don't have proof) that this year sets up very bad for the Eagles to fall on their face and for Andy Reid to get fired. The 49ers, Bills and Redskins are their next 3 games. They could easily be looking at 1-5 or 2-4 going into week 7. They have to be concerned with Vick staying healthy. He has been hurt 2 weeks in a row and I only anticipate more of that as the season rolls on. Things are not looking up in Philly.

The Bengals could very well beat us. I'm a little concerned that we might play down to our competition just like we have played up to our competition lately. Aside from the KC game, the Bills need to show that they can utterly dominate an inferior team (like the Bengals).

The Bills are about to make a transformation they have not been used to for a very long time. They are no longer the "hunters"... they have become the "hunted." Instead of being a team that other teams circle as an easy win, now other teams will circle the Bills as a game where they can make a statement. Here's hoping the Bills are up to the task.

:huh:

I think we've got a few years of consistent winning before that happens.

Detroit seemed to turn the corner after the Stafford and Suh picks 3 and 2 years ago, respectively (actually, I posit that they turned the turn / stopped digging the hole deeper the moment they fired Matt Millen).

As another poster here has linked to a clip from "Pulp Fiction" several times --- "Let's not go sucking each other's ----s just yet."

..as long as we don't look dead against the Bengals??:blink:

How 'bout a link to verify your Vick prediction, eh? It's an unwritten rule for posting new topics with a declaration in the title.

I just walked past a tv here on campus with NFLN on. Saw it on the ticker, Vick expected to miss 3-4 weeks

I just walked past a tv here on campus with NFLN on. Saw it on the ticker, Vick expected to miss 3-4 weeks

I was thinking a broken hand could be bad, but I would think he could play depending on how bad it is. Who knows, part of me wants the win but part of me wants to see us play the top teams healthy. I dont want another 5-1 start, 6-10 finish or some schit.

Two thoughts:

1 - Vick's problems are not the refs, its his o-line . . . "how's that working out for you Jason Peters?" :devil:

2 - This team (the Bills) have made greats strides already this season, the next big step of growth towards maturity is taking care of a team you should beat. This week is one such game. I'm sure the team leaders and coaching staff will be drilling that into everyones' head this week.

Two thoughts:

1 - Vick's problems are not the refs, its his o-line . . . "how's that working out for you Jason Peters?" :devil:

2 - This team (the Bills) have made greats strides already this season, the next big step of growth towards maturity is taking care of a team you should beat. This week is one such game. I'm sure the team leaders and coaching staff will be drilling that into everyones' head this week.

Quite true that his O-line is a problem. And, frankly, his style of play leaves him more vulnerable, period. It is a puzzle, because that style can look so great when the defense is not able to keep him contained, but it exposes him to a lot of hits, some borderline, that a pocket passer does not face. The Iggles will have to make some adjustments to help take advantage of his skills but limit the risk....

I said before the season (though I don't have proof) that this year sets up very bad for the Eagles to fall on their face and for Andy Reid to get fired. The 49ers, Bills and Redskins are their next 3 games. They could easily be looking at 1-5 or 2-4 going into week 7. They have to be concerned with Vick staying healthy. He has been hurt 2 weeks in a row and I only anticipate more of that as the season rolls on. Things are not looking up in Philly.

Philly radio has been so off the charts bad. "Andy Reid worst coach ever!" That must be why they win 10+ games nearly ever year. Yah I guess they could be 2-4 but they could just as easily be 3-3 or 4-2. It's not their first slow start.

Maybe Vick had a brilliant plan to take all the attention away from the defense and their abysmal tackling yesterday with his postgame comments. But of course nothing is ever the players' fault.

Edited by BuffOrange

This would be perfect. My cousin is an iggles fan coming to that game. Id much rather hear him try to talk up Mike Kafka than Vick

They would probably play Vince Young but as has been pointed out, Vick will likely play. They aren't paying him 100M to sit out with a bruised non-throwing hand.

Mike musinelli (?)...he's such a pompous know it all.. But he does back up his thoughts with smarts and logic..problem is he ignores the grey area...and for some reason I keep tuning in

Philly radio has been so off the charts bad. "Andy Reid worst coach ever!" That must be why they win 10+ games nearly ever year. Yah I guess they could be 2-4 but they could just as easily be 3-3 or 4-2. It's not their first slow start.

Maybe Vick had a brilliant plan to take all the attention away from the defense and their abysmal tackling yesterday with his postgame comments. But of course nothing is ever the players' fault.

Just sayin... 5-0 is possible (as long as we don't look passed the Bengals)!

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, Eagles Head Coach Andy Reid is reporting that Michael Vick DOES NOT have a broken hand. He has a blood contusion that caused initial x-rays to have the appearance of a break but after numerous tests, his hand is not broken. His status for the game with San Francisco this weekend is unknown as is his status for the Bills' game.

Here in South Jersey, we have learned to not always trust reports coming from Howard Eskin under pressure and he is the sideline reporter who started the broken hand story.

Hand is good link