Brady's a WUSS

BUFFALOKIE

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is football, son.

Know your role.

Brady would have been an idiot to have risked breaking a collarbone, taking a concussion or getting a shoulder torn up just to stick his nose in there to tackle Florence at the 2 yard line.

Kelly may have done it at 25, but he had better sense at 35 and so does Marsha.

Know your role.

Brady would have been an idiot to have risked breaking a collarbone, taking a concussion or getting a shoulder torn up just to stick his nose in there to tackle Florence at the 2 yard line.

Except Kelly was most definitely in his 30s when he chased AJ Johnson of the Falcons down after a pick and ended the guy's career in the process.

Except Kelly was most definitely in his 30s when he chased AJ Johnson of the Falcons down after a pick and ended the guy's career in the process.

That's a good point, but I don't think it was AJ Johnson, who I don't think played for the Falcons.

And aside from being a complete madman, Kelly was probably bigger than Brady(at the very least, relatively speaking). He was probably a bad example as it's not quite fair to hold Brady to the standard of one of the toughest QB's to ever walk the lines.

Bottom line; Brady's got to be around 35 and he'd have been a fool to stick his face in that particular fan.

Edit: It was Anthony Phillips. Blast from the past from the always awesome and sorely missed Lori.

Edited by Simon

Know your role.

With the angle he had, Brady could have even just tried to push Florence out of bounds if he didn't want to take a chance at injuring himself with a big hit. He actually made the effort to slow down in order to not make contact. No, most QB's would not do the same.

Know your role.

Maybe. But then again I didn't watch too much USFL football.

I do recall him being older than that and ALWAYS going after the guy who picked him off...

With the angle he had, Brady could have even just tried to push Florence out of bounds if he didn't want to take a chance at injuring himself with a big hit. He actually made the effort to slow down in order to not make contact. No, most QB's would not do the same.

It wasn't the tackle that would most likely have hurt him; it was getting in a car wreck with the Bills DL or 'backer(s) who was likely coming up fast from the backside.

And I don't think he was as close to the pylon as that camera angle made it appear.

Strategically, it was a better long term choice for Brady to let the TD go. Losing one game is not as bad as losing Brady for the season.

Emotionally...I think it speaks to a certain lack of...well, balls. Brady is always praised for being smart, but I honestly can't remember anyone talking about his guts like they do with Fitz.

Strategically, it was a better long term choice for Brady to let the TD go. Losing one game is not as bad as losing Brady for the season.

I'm entertaining the idea that its quite possible that Belichick has told him not to make an effort in such situations. If I was a coach and had a player on my team as important as Brady is, I wouldn't be to keen on letting him play defense.

Know your role.

Clearly, there's a great deal of logic to this... but Brady still comes off as having the velveteen touch of a dandy fop.

I secretly wished one of our D-men would blast him in to next week on the it return.

Secretly?

I think I was screaming "somebody kill f'ing Brady" before Florence crossed the 20. :blush:

Clearly, there's a great deal of logic to this... but Brady still comes off as having the velveteen touch of a dandy fop.

:lol:

The difference between the almost right words and the right words is the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.

Excellent elocution, Punch