Bellicheats sideline tantrum

I guess the clock would have started to run again (since Freddie got tackled inbounds), and the refs asked him if he wanted to take a timeout before the clock started again, I guess it was then that he argued that the booth replay equaled a timoeut?

What exactly happened?

The clock was going to start when they spotted the ball after the review anyways, so he was going to call a timeout regardless.

My guess is that he was trying to con the refs into not starting the clock after the replay or trying to convince them Jackson had scored.

Just the last despairing throes of a desperately doomed man .

I guess the clock would have started to run again (since Freddie got tackled inbounds), and the refs asked him if he wanted to take a timeout before the clock started again, I guess it was then that he argued that the booth replay equaled a timoeut?

Most logical reason, but they should have flagged him for his outburst.

All of the above was exactly my thought when it happened. The ball was down in bounds so normally it would have run and he would've had to take a timeout to stop it. Being the paranoid Bills fan I am, I was screaming at the ref to start the clock as soon as it was spotted. Bellichek threw a hissy fit about it probably just to con the refs. I'd find it hard to believe that he would not know this.

He was frustrated with his defense...he is not the mastermind people think he is defensively...he has gotten use to the offense putting so much pressure on opposing offenses..... btw: wonder will they release chad?

I think they win if they hit that big strike. Would have felt like a huge dagger. Not saying welkers dink and dunks don't hurt but they lack the sting.

All of the above was exactly my thought when it happened. The ball was down in bounds so normally it would have run and he would've had to take a timeout to stop it. Being the paranoid Bills fan I am, I was screaming at the ref to start the clock as soon as it was spotted. Bellichek threw a hissy fit about it probably just to con the refs. I'd find it hard to believe that he would not know this.

So was Gailey...

I think they win if they hit that big strike. Would have felt like a huge dagger. Not saying welkers dink and dunks don't hurt but they lack the sting.

...Didn't they score on that drive anyway? They were in our territory on that and unless that was the fieldgoal drive I'm pretty sure we didn't stop them once they were in our territory...

He admitted to calling the time out in the postgame.

To be completely fair, he was unapologetic about calling it.

The Bahstin reporters asked him about it ~5 times, trying to decipher whether it was a snafu done by a player or coach along the sidelines. BB said it was he who called the timeout. He didn't say there was anything that was out of sorts wrt the refs' timekeeping or anything... just that he took a timeout. Period.

Many people are saying it was after Freddie's run. I thought the timeout came after the Buffalo false start penalty, which would have been a clock-stoppage by rule. But, you know, I was [] this close to having a massive coronary in those minutes, so I could be wrong....

<br />To be completely fair, he was unapologetic about calling it. <br /><br />The Bahstin reporters asked him about it ~5 times, trying to decipher whether it was a snafu done by a player or coach along the sidelines. BB said it was he who called the timeout. He didn't say there was anything that was out of sorts wrt the refs' timekeeping or anything... just that he took a timeout. Period.<br /><br />Many people are saying it was after Freddie's run. I thought the timeout came after the Buffalo false start penalty, which would have been a clock-stoppage by rule. But, you know, I was [] this close to having a massive coronary in those minutes, so I could be wrong....<br />

It was after the run to the one. They went to the replay booth. After review, they were set to restart the clock since FJ came down in bounds. Belichek was either wanting them not to start the clock or trying to get more time put on. He called the TO to insure the clock didn't restart. Smart move on all counts. The guy does what it takes to win, even when he loses.

I think he was trying to decline the automatic review of the TD. He knew they were better off with the score. One of the few times when the new rule hurts the team that gets scored on.

Even without the new rules, since the score occurred inside the final two minutes, I'm sure it would've been reviewed.