Albany Newspaper Trashes Bills Nation

A local Albany Parenting Blogger turned sports columnist wrote a horrible piece that beats up on an 82 year old woman for liking the Bills...Amongst other attacks.

You can read it on the Albany Times Union's Website. I am not posting the link because I don't want to give her the pleasure of the increased direct link views.

The Albany Bills Backers have responded. Read our Response.

Edited by Albany Bills Backer

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's strange that a newspaper would call out a segment of their readers with such venom. The only response would be don't go to their website or buy their papers. Do they cover the Pats alot in Albany? Or is it mainly Giants/Jets?

Edited by Carey Bender

It's strange that a newspaper would call out a segment of their readers with such venom. The only response would be don't go to their website or buy their papers. Do they cover the Pats alot in Albany? Or is it mainly Giants/Jets?

Mainly Jets and Giants. I would say the Bills are the 3rd team, and Pats 4th.

A local Albany Parenting Blogger turned sports columnist wrote a horrible piece that beats up on an 82 year old woman for liking the Bills...Amongst other attacks.

You can read it on the Albany Times Union's Website. I am not posting the link because I don't want to give her the pleasure of the increased direct link views.

The Albany Bills Backers have responded. Read our Response.

Your response seems well reasoned to me. Good job! :thumbsup:

My censored response is as follows, because I was highly offended:

I am a well educated, compassionate, thoughtful, and caring man. I still am after reading your article, but my response will not be erudite or clever; that I promise you.

Simply put, "forget" you you stupid, arrogant, thoughtless "beatch", and stick all of your snide Bills comments up your "rump", if there enough room for it with all of the "poop" coming down the other way.

That felt good... if they don't want more Bills fans calling them and emailing them with colorful responses, then maybe they'll stop allowing that sort of 'journalism' to be published. You don't pick on an 82 year old woman and make fun of her to make a point- that REALLY PD me off.