***The OFFICIAL I've sinned against my fanhood thread ***

Scrappy

I've been reading many different opinions & after watching the first few games, I'll admit I was wrong. I was wrong about Chan, Nix & their decisions on how to improve our team. I felt that we needed much more work to start being competitive & after seeing the effort / heart the team has, the chemistry is working.

This team has a heartbeat bigger than most & talent that plays it's heart out, it shows on the scoreboard & in the stats. The efforts made by the players cannot go unrecognized & I hope that the powers that be step up & pay them accordingly, without the players having to voice themselves to the media.

This thread is designed to man up & call out past things you have said or thought that basically is like confession (Catholic thing). After doing this, think of the Whammie Weenie that we all are & hum the Bills shout song, then all things that you thought are purged & you can become a fan again.

GO BILLS!

i hope to god i'm wrong, but it's too early to say. ralph wilson's cheap excuse for a front office and never-eanding fire sale mentality is probably going to bite us hard when the injuries start. we're going to be playing guys you never heard of by week 8 and it's going to spiral down hill to a 6 win season. that's what I think, and it's too early to say i'm wrong...

THOUGH I HOPE I AM!

I want the bills to win every week...and i'm not one of those morons who wants them to lose to get better drafts picks either! in fact, not only do i want them to win this week, i want the goalposts to come down. but i don't see this season ending well.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always liked and respected Chan. He is one of the best offensive minds in the game and continues to prove that.

As far as Buddy goes, I never liked him and I'm still unimpressed. I am still waiting for the draft genius that Wikipedia says he is. He inherited Fitz, Freddy, Stevie and KW and Dareus was gift-wrapped. His first draft has been a complete flop thus far regardless of this years success.

The O line is the only thing that has my mind blown through the first 2 games. Although a ton of credit goes to Fitz and his ability to know where the ball is going in 2 seconds. But the O line has looked solid in the run game as well.

Scrappy, you should have made this thread after this week. Not saying that the Bills will lose but the Pats game is going to tell us a lot more about our team than the Cheifs and Raiders games will.

This same thread was started last week--you couldnt flagelate yourself in that one?

I picked 6-7 wins. I'll be happy to be wrong. I'll admit I was wrong about Chan if he avoids a losing season with the talent he has around him.

Otherwise, the predictions by many about Roscoe and Easley not completing the season were dead on. Also, those concerning Merriman also seem on target so far (unless you really believe he's being triple teamed on a regular basis--and yet we still can't sack the QB).

For some reason, though, I can no longer seem to find any of your derisive, 'dead on' posts about Scott Chandler - how he sucked so bad that he was cut by 4 teams, only had one career catch, could never in a million years compare to Kevin Boss or Zach Taylor, and his only talent was in taking up space. :lol:

(I think you said you'd be happy to be wrong about him as well, yet it's almost as if all those posts somehow mysteriously disappeared :unsure:)

post-2970-011623000 1316780299_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

For some reason, though, I can no longer seem to find any of your derisive, 'dead on' posts about Scott Chandler - how he sucked so bad that he was cut by 4 teams, only had one career catch, could never in a million years compare to Kevin Boss or Zach Taylor, and his only talent was in taking up space. :lol:

(I think you said you'd be happy to be wrong about him as well, yet it's almost as if all those posts somehow mysteriously disappeared :unsure:)

Nothing has "mysteriously disappered" chucklehead. Maybe you should ask someone nearby to help you with the google machine on your desk.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/132578-the-lack-of-addressing-the-te-position/page__st__20

Chandler is tall. That's about it. He has been cut before game 1 on 2 different teams. He has caught one pass.

Chandler has shown you enough at TE? Where? When? He's the least accomplished 4 year player in the NFL.--that's how you fill a hole?

I will be happy for you to laugh at me if Chandler proves to be "an upgrade" over Boss. I will be the first to say I was wrong.

The only mystery is how you made it to adulthood without seriously injuring yourself.

I was wrong. I expected Fitzy to be well above average, but not greatly above average. I expected Andra Davis to be average but he's doing better :) I want fitz to grow into a monster!

There is something so incredibly right about your avatar.... sometimes I read your posts too :w00t:

I really never said anything bad about Gailey or Nix. I think they have been doing a good job. I was fine with not drafting a qb & was willing to give Fitz a chance this year. One intersting thing about fitz. This really is not a flash in the pan & just 2 games. I read somewhere if you take his last 16 games he has played with the Bills & use those stats, his stats compare favorably to Kelly's BEST YEAR. I think we have our QB. As far as the Spiller pick, I did not mind that either. I saw what he did at Clemson I just wish they would use him more. I though he was the best player coming out of the draft 2 years ago. We will see what happens. I expect to lose this week but if we could win at Cincy & then somehow beat the Eagles I think this team will be setup to make a serious playoff run.

I came across the bolded assertion as well. On the surface it seems plausible: both quarterbacks piled up a roughly comparable number of yards during their respective 15 game stretches. (Kelly was injured/did not play for one of the games during that season.)

Yards compiled over a season is not a very good measurement of QB effectiveness. A much better indicator of success is yards per attempt. IIRC, Kelly averaged 8.1 yards per attempt during his best season, whereas Fiz has averaged 6.8 yards per attempt during his last 15 games. Trent Edwards has averaged 6.5 yards per attempt over the course of his career; whereas Jim Kelly's career average is 7.4 yards per attempt.

Over the last 15 games, Fitz's level of play has been closer to that of Trent Edwards than to Jim Kelly. On the other hand, Fitzpatrick seems to be playing at a higher level this season than he had been last season. If Fitz averages 7.4 yards per attempt for this season, and if that high average isn't just the result of rules changes and a league-wide increase in average passing yards, it will then be appropriate to start saying things like "Fitz had a Kelly-like season."

It is about 10-12 weeks too early to even start this thread.  Hopes are high, but it is only two games.

I really dislike this mentality. We're all fans... right? Why can't we be excited about the way this team has started the season? No one is saying playoffs. We're just saying that they're doing better ..at. this point.. than most of us had thought.

As I see it, sitting back and waiting for the Bills to have a winning record in November and on the verge of a playoff birth before you get your hopes up is pretty much the definition of being a band wagon fan. I'm not calling you or anyone that... I'm just suggesting that it's a bandwagon mentality to say...yeah they're good but let's wait and see how they finish.

There's nothing wrong with admitting that after 2 weeks this team is doing better than you thought and being exciting about the rest of the season. Just as..if they crash and burn... there'll be nothing wrong with saying I was wrong after week 2. It's called being a fan.

Always liked and respected Chan. He is one of the best offensive minds in the game and continues to prove that.

As far as Buddy goes, I never liked him and I'm still unimpressed. I am still waiting for the draft genius that Wikipedia says he is. He inherited Fitz, Freddy, Stevie and KW and Dareus was gift-wrapped. His first draft has been a complete flop thus far regardless of this years success.

The O line is the only thing that has my mind blown through the first 2 games. Although a ton of credit goes to Fitz and his ability to know where the ball is going in 2 seconds. But the O line has looked solid in the run game as well.

Scrappy, you should have made this thread after this week. Not saying that the Bills will lose but the Pats game is going to tell us a lot more about our team than the Cheifs and Raiders games will.

So did Chan, he didn't bring in Fitz, Freddy or Stevie. If fact Chan thought Trent Edwards was the better QB last off season and kept Brian Brohm. I still happen to think the Bills are doing better because Fitzbeardy stepped up and is playing great, along with fast Freddy.

I happen to like Buddy Nix now, Modrak was still here for his first draft so he gets the blame for that failure in my view. Buddy has managed to finally fire Modrak (cheer, 10 years of incompetence now gone) and find guys off the street to bolster the LB corps and O line. Plus he found a freaking decent tight end, something that has been missing for a decade. However, I also think the lack of talent and depth on the O line is going to haunt this team all year....

Someone pointed out that Chan got a raw deal while OC at KC, and yet Chan was the one who ignored using the run game and kept constantly calling passing plays with back up QB's. That really makes no sense to try and force the back up QB to win games, its like something Jauron would do.

Plus the man had 6 years at Georgia Tech as HC and never once in those six years did his teams ever beat the Georgia Bulldogs, GT's biggest rival.

So to look at this upcoming Patriot game "IN" Buffalo and see that most of the Bills players are healthy and coming off a 2 game win steak so that they have good confidence in themselves. The Patriots also have some injuries and have the worst defense against the pass in the NFL, Chad Henne put up big numbers against that Patriots secondary (416 yds), Fitzbeardy should have a field day! No excuses!

To me this game is HUGE! The Fabulous Dick Jauron even managed to almost beat the Patriots IN NE with Trent Edwards as QB a 24-25 loss that wasn't Edwards fault. The KR decided to come out of the end zone and allow himself to be stripped of the ball. Plus the fact the Bills simply couldn't run the ball effectively at the end of the game to control the clock and end the game.

What will define Chan Gailey as a HC for the Buffalo Bills in the AFC East is to be able to beat the Patriots and Jets like Marv levy did, until then he is still no better then Jauron

Edited by Harvey lives

Now I can fully admit I was wrong. What the Bills did today was erase years of a losing mentality and inept coaching and quarterback play. After 2003 and 2008, I was bitter and frustrated by an organization which had made misstep after misstep. Today, at long last, our respectability has been fully restored, and I for one wish to apologize to all who I doubted, to add Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey to the top of that list.

You make me so damn proud, I just can't say it enough. I was wrong. VERY wrong.

Now I can fully admit I was wrong. What the Bills did today was erase years of a losing mentality and inept coaching and quarterback play. After 2003 and 2008, I was bitter and frustrated by an organization which had made misstep after misstep. Today, at long last, our respectability has been fully restored, and I for one wish to apologize to all who I doubted, to add Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey to the top of that list.

You make me so damn proud, I just can't say it enough. I was wrong. VERY wrong.

Good to see many of you coming aboard, it's never too late to repent.