Raining on the Parade

Pass the Pipe

right, so no one directly. if you were predicting 11-5 last year, let's just say i'm sure as !@#$ not going to be coming to you for financial/business/life advice.

keep pounding your head i guess. you have 2 groups of people calling each other idiots. while arguing the same points, one group has been right on for 10 years, the other has been dead !@#$ing wrong. so who's the idiot?

My point is this: Why does anyone have to be calling anyone else an idiot? Sorry, just don't get it.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is this: Why does anyone have to be calling anyone else an idiot? Sorry, just don't get it.

I posted this in another thread a couple weeks ago. It applies to what you are asking. They need to make themselves feel better about their real life.

You and Bill bring to light an issue that plagues this board (as well as many others). People come here with some need to "be right", as if successfully guessing the future means they are smarter than others. Usually, on the internet, that is because they have very little control or respect in real life.

I love the use of the word "courage" there, because I also find the negative nancies as equally cowardly.

Its EASY to be negative. And its EASY to be right by being negative.

Out of the ~250 players drafted every year, very few end up having NFL careers.

Out of the 53 players on each team, only 22 will be starters.

Out of the 1500 players in the league, only about 100 make the Pro-bowl.

Out of the 32 teams in the league, only ONE wins the Super Bowl.

Being a negative fan is just playing the odds. It's the easy way out. And when discussing the Buffalo Bills, its DEFINITELY the safe bet.

It's fine to disagree with the Front Office, but at least present a well thought out argument, and also include what YOU would do. Most people just bash the moves without providing any reason or alternative. Lame and lazy.

And the beginning of your post just proves my point. You think Finances, Business, and Life are all equal to a Football Message Board? Sounds kinda pathetic bro.

lol where the !@#$ did i say that? the people on here are regular people like you and i. football and sports in general is a huge part of many of our lives, and if one is delusional enough to predict SUPER BOWL type of bull **** for the 2002-2010 Buffalo Bills, than I question your head is at. bottomline.

I posted this in another thread a couple weeks ago. It applies to what you are asking. They need to make themselves feel better about their real life.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

lol where the !@#$ did i say that? the people on here are regular people like you and i. football and sports in general is a huge part of many of our lives, and if one is delusional enough to predict SUPER BOWL type of bull **** for the 2002-2010 Buffalo Bills, than I question your head is at. bottomline.

Why so serious?

lolol that's the most pathetic retort i've read in my entire life. as if my prediction of a 6-8 win Bills season has ANYTHING to do with my real life. "little respect or control in real life"?? i have a beautiful fiance, a 3.9 in grad school, and an awesome friend/family base. you can go !@#$ yourself.

lolol that's the most pathetic retort i've read in my entire life. as if my prediction of a 6-8 win Bills season has ANYTHING to do with my real life. "little respect or control in real life"?? i have a beautiful fiance, a 3.9 in grad school, and an awesome friend/family base. you can go !@#$ yourself.

Then why are you so angry?

You and your prediction are hardly what Im referring to. And if you dont see the same thing I posted about, then you arent reading the board much.

I predicted a 6-10 season too, but at the same time regularly get called a "homer" and "kool aid drinker" because I'll support the Bills AS A FAN and BILL-IEVER and because I liked the moves Buddy has been making, and was willing to give them another year.

I'll argue about stuff that is debatable, but will never argue about predictions of the future or how I shouldnt be so happy.

Call me an idiot, but we are winning on Sunday. That's not a prediction, that's BILL-ieving!!

Edited by DrDareustein

no one wants their personal life attacked. no one. it's crossing the line, message board or not.

So, we do finally agree on this? And do you not think calling people idiots, their beliefs a "joke," and insinuating that they are stupid or intellectually inferior to be personal attacks?

Edited by billsfan1959

You know some people would B word if you hung them with a new rope! The Bills aren't looking to go to the Super Bowl, or the even the playoffs. What they want is to improve the team and build a contender for next season. With wins comes confidence. A good place to start because frankly I'd bet their confidence level after the 2009 season was in the basement. Then comes 2010, not a whole lot better but we saw a few flashes of what was to come. Then this year we start 2-0. Good confidence builder. I like the way the team is shaping up, and I love the way that they are playing together as a team finally. No superstars, no one man army, everyone pulling together. There is a reason that nobody is really leaping off the pages by playing like a crazed caveman. It's called cohesion. By working together and as a team they are building chemistry. Sure there is room for improvement. If you stop improving you lose football games. But everything is starting to jell. Will we win every game this year? Probably not. But let's all agree that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Relax and enjoy the new and improved Bills.

GO BILLS!

So, we do finally agree on this? And do you not think calling people idiots, their beliefs a "joke," and insinuating that they are stupid or intellectually inferior to be personal attacks?

jesus christ dude - never once did i key in on a specific person/poster. you're grasping here. on what planet is "idiot" some horrifically insulting word?

jesus christ dude - never once did i key in on a specific person/poster. you're grasping here. on what planet is "idiot" some horrifically insulting word?

Personally I hate the word. There is no retort to the word. Once someone is tarred with that brush then whatever they say from there on is not taken seriously. However that's not the point. Let's get this discussion back on point. The Bills are better than you think but I agree there have been so many false dawns it's hard for some people to get excited about where we are going. It takes all sorts!

Nice try. In your post, you stated "I think your attempt of being cerebral is cute and probably shows some economic potential, but I am probably not far off in assuming that you have not fully maximized this crude intellect into anything one would consider productive from the standpoint of wealth creation, which doesn't necessarily mean the accumulation of money or material assets." Inherent in this post is (1) a view of yourself as being intellectually superior to the poster you are referring to, and (2) that because of the poster's intellectual inferiority, he would not be considered "productive" from the perspective of wealth creation. You have also continually championed the confidence of your accuracy in your assessments. While this might not be the forum for it, you brought it up. So, I think it is fair to ask you for a simple definition of what you are specifically referring to as wealth creation in the context of your post, and the criteria by which you determine whether or not someone is productive or unproductive. In that way, the poster you were referring to will have the opportunity to test the accuracy of your assessment.

I am not trying to pull a fast one on old 1959 or be cryptic or afraid of an intellectual battle with you; you're making some assumptions above so go ahead and continue to do so. My response on utility was 100% accurate, it is a fungible concept and its true definition resides within the economic unit/individual, the science is applied through indifference curves and the measurement of opportunity costs. Back to the genesis of my original post as it was only about my candid observation on this Bills team and now it has digressed as a result of individuals, such as you, believing I am making a personal attack on the team and its fans. Did you ever think it is a personal attack on my senses and football acumen when numerous people on this website post garbage like no respect from ESPN, 12-4, going to kill the Pats, Brady sucks, hidden agendas led by Adam Schafter/Chris Mortensen & Co.etc.? As the *2Evans gentleman so accurately stated, there is only so far a team built on cast offs, URFAs, and late rounders can go; somebody, maybe even you, point to a SuperBowl team built on such a roster? Have we sunken to such a level where mere competitiveness in a diluted league has become the ultimate goal? It sure isn't for me!

What happens if any teams starting QB gets hurt? What kind of question is that? No team in the league would be nearly as comfortable with their backup than their starter.

Truth.

There are some teams that are really more about Defense and running than quality QB play (Jets come to mind) that I think would suffer less.

I can't think of another contender team that wouldn't be sweating bullets. The Colts are an epic example. GB without Rodgers? Stillers without Roethlisberger? Sweat pouring off the coach, Man.

Don't think that Belichek wouldn't sweat too, he'd just do it in private and paint himself with antiperspirant before coming out of his office.

I am not trying to pull a fast one on old 1959 or be cryptic or afraid of an intellectual battle with you; you're making some assumptions above so go ahead and continue to do so. My response on utility was 100% accurate, it is a fungible concept and its true definition resides within the economic unit/individual, the science is applied through indifference curves and the measurement of opportunity costs. Back to the genesis of my original post as it was only about my candid observation on this Bills team and now it has digressed as a result of individuals, such as you, believing I am making a personal attack on the team and its fans. Did you ever think it is a personal attack on my senses and football acumen when numerous people on this website post garbage like no respect from ESPN, 12-4, going to kill the Pats, Brady sucks, hidden agendas led by Adam Schafter/Chris Mortensen & Co.etc.? As the *2Evans gentleman so accurately stated, there is only so far a team built on cast offs, URFAs, and late rounders can go; somebody, maybe even you, point to a SuperBowl team built on such a roster? Have we sunken to such a level where mere competitiveness in a diluted league has become the ultimate goal? It sure isn't for me!

Pass the Pipe, I do not have a problem at all with your original post, I really do not. Nor do I have any problem with your views about this team or what it will or will not accomplish. You are entitled to your views and beliefs and to present them on this board - and I think you try to provide a basis for your opinions and beliefs. I do have a problem, as you do, with a number of the posts you mentioned - they are offensive. In the same respect, the specific post of yours that I had a problem with was one in which I believed you were personally insulting. As a matter of fact, all of my posts in this thread have been on that topic - and I typically do not post a lot. I wasn't trying to single you out as a serious offender (it was just the one post I responded to, and I responded to others as well) and I am not trying to be the civility police here. I understand passion and the occasional emotional responses that are going to happen: It just seems that there could be a higher level of overall civility on this board, which is supposed to consist of fans of the same team with the same wishes for success. That's all. Not on a crusade and won't interrupt your thread anymore.

Did you ever think it is a personal attack on my senses and football acumen when numerous people on this website post garbage like no respect from ESPN, 12-4, going to kill the Pats, Brady sucks, hidden agendas led by Adam Schafter/Chris Mortensen & Co.etc.? As the *2Evans gentleman so accurately stated, there is only so far a team built on cast offs, URFAs, and late rounders can go; somebody, maybe even you, point to a SuperBowl team built on such a roster? Have we sunken to such a level where mere competitiveness in a diluted league has become the ultimate goal? It sure isn't for me!

There's very, very few people who actually believe that. You're assault on rationality comes mostly, from thing that the 'voices' are telling you.