Kelsay Bashers?

bmur66

I kinda just figured if he got a contract and is a starter, there has to be a reason. Good to see some evidence on Sunday, but he still was part of a defense that put little pass rush on and gave up 450 yards. I can't get too happy with him.

Where are all of the Kelsay bashers today? C'mon admit it. The man can play when he is used properly.

OK, I've never been the full-out Kelsay basher that some are, but I've taken my shots.

So I'll cowboy up and admit, he is playing better this year than ever before.

It's not just "used properly" though, or at least only if "used properly" means "improve the quality of the other players"

It's the other pieces on D. Merriman and Dareus are drawing a lot of attention in addition to Williams.

The OL can't hold everyone at once.

They are, in effect, daring Kelsay to do something, and most of the time he is.

That said, the edge is still an issue IMHO and I see a lot of film on Kelsay chasing the QB around but not quite able to seal the deal.

Edited by Hopeful

The defensive reserves are a little thin right now, as it is becoming more apparent that Torrel Troup's absence is being felt. I know a lot of us around here haven't seen much from him that would make a highlight reel, but there's no doubt he adds a lot of push the the pass rush, and gives the 1st line much needed rest.

Not a basher at all, but he is brutal in coverage. When you are at the game you can immediately see when he is going to get stuck in coverage and he always takes 2 steps in each direction after the snap and looks confused as to where he should be. Then you see a safety try to cheat over and help him. I like him as a down lineman

You know...at some point your 3-4 defense is going to need a legitimate pass rush generated from the OLB's... I realize the game plan for the past two weeks was to stop the run at all costs, but this Sunday there will be no more excuses.

In my opinion, this is probably Kelsay's last year, unless he's willing to take a paycut and accept his role as "solid vet backup." Fitzgibbons, Stevie, and Bell will need to be re-signed/extended this offseason with only a limited amount of Ralph's cash to go around. $6 million a year? Give me a break.

I asked yesterday if the Bills would activate Heard if Troup is ready to go and most of the responses were "no." However given the no-huddle tempo the Pats are playing at now, I think they should activate every defender for this game.

If I was GM Kelsay would have been cut years ago. But, he played one of the better games of his career yesterday (I think he made 3 impact plays in the 1st quarter - a record for him). I thought last season might of been his best as a pro(after they stopped asking him to play OLB at least), and he looks to be improving off that. I'd still like to see more from Carrington, maybe as an UT in a 40 front? That would be a nice role for him.

Edited by Thoner7

kelsay made a couple plays yesterday.

But the D as a whole didnt look great.

Kelsay still can't cover but if left one on one with a TE he can make a play in pass rushing.

The edges if the D look a little weak.

I am not a basher and never have been of the man. When you consider what he is actually making this year, it seems reasonable for his play.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Where are all of the Kelsay bashers today? C'mon admit it. The man can play when he is used properly.

He has played great since ~ week 12 last year. Of course good luck convincing those who have already made up their mind and made emotional judgement last year after just a few weeks in a new position...

Yeah he has played well the past two weeks but kelsay haters are justified in criticizing him cause he does not play well like this on a regular basis. If he were able to play like this consistantly like this there would not be kelsay haters.