early betting line vs.

Estro

Buffalo Bills (+9), over/uner (51.5). Seems about right to me.

We need to hope Brady brings his C-game to Orchard Park, because our secondary isn't good enough to contend with the Patriots just yet. Their two TE's will be difficult covers for our LB's/S's.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to piss in everyone's Wheaties, and I hope I am waaaay wrong on this, but after watching our secondary today, The Pats may put up 52 by themselves next week.

Agreed. But we may put 52 on their D as well. They are nothing special this year either.

PTR

Whatever. Point spread matters about as much as power rankings.

Not when you are a betting man, honestly I don't think I'll touch this game....although all things considered the Over doesn't look too shabby. New England's Defense has looked pretty shaky so far.

As I'm sure you know, sandyclam, the point spread is only the number at which Vegas thinks they can get an equal amount of action on BOTH sides of the bet. It's not a predictor of the final outcome.

I was expecting the line to be 7, but that was through my Bills-colored glasses.

There will be many stories talking up the Bills' offense this week, and while Brady will get a lot of pub they'll also be talking about how the Pats* D looks "less strong" than previous versions. The line will probably drop a 1/2 point or so, but it won't get below 8 by gametime -- if I had to bet on it. ;)

Over sure looks juicy

When it looks too good to be true......

There has to be a reason Vegas is setting this line so low. Look at the numbers.

Buffalo averages 39.5 PPG through 2 games, New England 36.5 (76 total)

Buffalo allows 21 PPG and New England 22.5 both against offenses that were hurting and inferior

New England is #1 in the NFL in passing yards, Bills are #7

Bills are #1 in the NFL in rushing yard, New England is #15

New England is in the bottom half of the league in rush yards allowed (going against #1 rushing team)

Bills are middle of the pack in pass yards allowed (going against #1 passing team)

This screams too good to be true...

There has to be a reason Vegas is setting this line so low. Look at the numbers.

Buffalo allows 21 PPG and New England 22.5 both against offenses that were hurting and inferior

New England is in the bottom half of the league in rush yards allowed (going against #1 rushing team)

Bills are middle of the pack in pass yards allowed (going against #1 passing team)

Yes but they also very rarely set overs much higher than that for the NFL - they set the over where it gets the action split 50/50

I hear you. When I try to support the under i just come ip with reasons for the over. We know pats like to run up the score in general, and IMO would be that much more incented against an upstart division rival on the road.

Yes but they also very rarely set overs much higher than that for the NFL - they set the over where it gets the action split 50/50

What I was trying to say was that the general public will look at those numbers and jump all over the the over. At one of my gambling sites, 98% of the plays are on the over currently. They are not pulling in 50/50 with that line. They want people to bet the over, or so it seems to me.

For example, the over/under in the Hosuton-New Orleans game is 53, higher than our line while they are averaging a combined 60.5 PPG, are #5 and #14 in total offense, and have only one game between the two of them giving up over 13 points which was a shootout in GB.