Chronic's Raiders take

Chronic

Chronic & Bump, it's been good having you guys share your Raider fantasies with us.

But gloating is half the fun of football banter. I hope you guys are man enough to return here Sunday afternoon so we can have a little fun at your expense.

Personally, I have a bet with a friend of mine from San Leandro. If the Bills lose, I have to buy a Raider jersey and wear it to work one day. After that, he gets the jersey If (when) the Bills win, it's the reverse.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chronic & Bump, it's been good having you guys share your Raider fantasies with us.

But gloating is half the fun of football banter. I hope you guys are man enough to return here Sunday afternoon so we can have a little fun at your expense.

Personally, I have a bet with a friend of mine from San Leandro. If the Bills lose, I have to buy a Raider jersey and wear it to work one day. After that, he gets the jersey If (when) the Bills win, it's the reverse.

I'm driving 45 minutes south to watch the game with our booster club.. I'll post when I get back which shoulbe be around 6pm EST

I just hope your mods dont get all sour and ban us if the Bills lose

Nice post, Chronic - very informative.

Glad to turn you on to Frank's sauce too - but dude, one bottle? You ordered one bottle? :unsure:

Big ups to you bro

Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard, just ask my wife.. Thats why I have the fish line on the benjamins when I visit the tittie bars.. yank that sh*t right outta her garder ...

I'm a big hot sauce guy and have been looking for 10 years for a great sauce- Franks comes highly recommended here, and I know you guys know your sh*t about hot sauce.. if it rocks it.. Imma order the big industrial piant can sh*t.. the kind on hot sauce can ya gotta open with a hammer and flat head screw driver

While were talking wings... here where I live, cant seem to find those midget wings one gets at the local sports bar.. all these super markets have the big fuggers.. any tips on a good wing company that'll ship frozen wings via mail?

'ppreciate the help brotha

Yea sure... Orton completed a lot of underneath stuff... I'm sure Fitzpatrick will too. Raiders have always been a "ebdn but don't break" defense. I have never seen them have a truly dominant, shut down D. I've been a Raider fan for about 27 years.

Wow. I can remember when the Raiders D was terrifying...dominating... a real "shut down" defense with no bending about them....and I was never a Raiders fan...but they were my 2nd team growing up 'cuz of Darryl Lamonica.

IDK? I'm sure I would have as much trouble explaining this to you as you would explaining how the Bills with the emerging career of a lifelong journeyman QB had his team in the bottom third of all team passing stats?

So much for that VAUNTED passing attack...

I can't quite make sense of this sentence "as you would explaining how the Bills with the emerging career". There seems to be something missing?

From what I can make out, you're trying to say that you can not, in fact,

" explain to me how a team with a fantastic pass D and near league-leading sacks wound up 20th in the NFL in pts given up by passing"

As for the passing attack, it's stump simple. When your offense can't string a series of plays together and stay on the field, and your defense can't stop the run and get the enemy's O OFF the field, you wind up in the bottom 3rd of the NFL for passing stats, even with a decent QB driving 13 of 16 games.

What I'm gathering from all this Sturm und Drang is maybe the Raiders are, in fact, all sizzle and no steak?

They go for the big, dramatic play...cutting lose with the Big Run....breaking out for the Big Sack.

But they can't power-run to control the LOS and convert the 3rd down to keep a drive going and put 7 on the board

And they can't, in fact, stop the other team from "dinking and dunking" their way down the field to put 7 on the board.

And either their LB are suspect in pass coverage, or their safeties aren't what they need to be, or both.

They aren't "taking care of business".

I do sympathize with you, because we haven't had a team that "takes care of business" here in some time. We might, this year. Time will tell.

I'm sure it's very impressive, all the straw men you're burning, setting up arguments I don't read anyone here making about "NUMBER ONE RUSHING DEFENSE" or "VAUNTED passing attack." Unfortunately, my reading comprehension isn't good enough to appreciate it. I'm sure the Raiders will be much more disciplined this week in the Ralph...after all, Bump sez so!

I was hoping to get some good football conversation to understand why a team with such impressive athletes at every position isn't burning up the league, or even the AFC West.

Where's the catch? What's the flaw?

This is down at the level of "Yo Momma", so...over and out....

i am sure as long as you are respectful they will let you back....the question is WILL you be back

Absoluetly.. Im a man of my word.. good thing is.. it's early in the season, so whoever loses this game is still on the right track being were both 1-0

Bad thing is we got the Jets and Cheaters back to back in weeks 3 and 4

I think the Jets are highly overated and we kick their ass everytime we play them..

I see use beating them as it will be our 1st home game, if we lose to you guys sunday, we'll be pissed off and were gonna take it out on the Jets

Marcia Brady and company is a different story tho'

Might wanna get your guys thoughts on both those teams next week as you play them both twice a year..

Absoluetly.. Im a man of my word.. good thing is.. it's early in the season, so whoever loses this game is still on the right track being were both 1-0

I think the Jets are highly overated and we kick their ass everytime we play them..

I see use beating them as it will be our 1st home game, if we lose to you guys sunday, we'll be pissed off and were gonna take it out on the Jets

Might wanna get your guys thoughts on both those teams next week as you play them both twice a year..

That is a rough schedule, now you can see what it is like playing in a competitive division. I have your back on both those games. I agree the Jets seem pretty overated, but dont take them for granted. You might actually be built to beat the Pats. Sounds like your dline is so awesome it cured aids and cancer one day for fun, so you guys will do fine with Brady. Keep him on his back, and under pressure is the only way to beat them...you do not want a shootout. Also NEs d this year so far looks bad....Henne threw for over 400 yards so I would say Campbell can give you atleast 150.

I will without question be back to eat my crow...if indeed that is the case.

Wow. I can remember when the Raiders D was terrifying...dominating... a real "shut down" defense with no bending about them....and I was never a Raiders fan...but they were my 2nd team growing up 'cuz of Darryl Lamonica.

As you can probably guess...I never saw Lamonica play...

Again... from '83 when I was a Raider fan, the Raiders never had a dominant, SHUT DOWN D.

There is a difference between terrifying and shut down.

For example, the Raiders 2000 team defense was a terrifying defense. I believe they put out 11 of the starting 16 QB's they faced. Were they a shut down D? Absolutely not....In 2000, the Ravens definitely were, though.

I can't quite make sense of this sentence "as you would explaining how the Bills with the emerging career". There seems to be something missing?

From what I can make out, you're trying to say that you can not, in fact,

" explain to me how a team with a fantastic pass D and near league-leading sacks wound up 20th in the NFL in pts given up by passing"

Yes, that was what I was saying. In fact... I can explain it for you. If the team runs downfield on a porous run D. Once they were in the red zone they passed more than they ran. Pretty simple...

But, as we both have eluded to (you got me fully in "this season" mode)... So

This Season.....

1st in Rushing D

2nd in turnovers caused

6th in scoring D

4th in Interceptions....

1st in rushing offense

So, we have concluded a few things....

We are THE 2nd BEST rushing offense.

We are THE BEST rushing defense.

We are still in the top third in total D

We turn the ball over just as much as the Bills D

So.... let's talk about that. Remember? Last season doesn't count anymore... And the Raiders match up very damn well with the Bills on paper.

As for the passing attack, it's stump simple. When your offense can't string a series of plays together and stay on the field, and your defense can't stop the run and get the enemy's O OFF the field, you wind up in the bottom 3rd of the NFL for passing stats, even with a decent QB driving 13 of 16 games.

Also have to have a running game to set up your passing attack...

Hope you can run against the leagues best rushing defense.

What I'm gathering from all this Sturm und Drang is maybe the Raiders are, in fact, all sizzle and no steak?

What you're gathering isn't much.... You should be gathering that the biggest advantage of this game for the Bills is the 1pm EC game at home.

Nothing more, nothing less...

They go for the big, dramatic play...cutting lose with the Big Run....breaking out for the Big Sack.

But they can't power-run to control the LOS and convert the 3rd down to keep a drive going and put 7 on the board

And they can't, in fact, stop the other team from "dinking and dunking" their way down the field to put 7 on the board.

And either their LB are suspect in pass coverage, or their safeties aren't what they need to be, or both.

They aren't "taking care of business".

uhhh.....we controlled the LOS very well... You want to bring up the penalties again? No problem, they are the biggest drive killer. Take away those penalties though, and watch the game, it was really a dominating trench performance for the Raiders.

Again, the passing D is still working out kinks and they may or may not improve as the season goes. But the underneath spots are where you kill the Raiders.

I do sympathize with you, because we haven't had a team that "takes care of business" here in some time. We might, this year. Time will tell.

That is my running theme throughout.

I'm sure it's very impressive, all the straw men you're burning, setting up arguments I don't read anyone here making about "NUMBER ONE RUSHING DEFENSE" or "VAUNTED passing attack." Unfortunately, my reading comprehension isn't good enough to appreciate it. I'm sure the Raiders will be much more disciplined this week in the Ralph...after all, Bump sez so!

Not building any straw man... I haven't implied anything you, or another Bills fan on here at some point, has not said.

Am I "expecting" them to be more disciplined? Yes, I am.

I was hoping to get some good football conversation to understand why a team with such impressive athletes at every position isn't burning up the league, or even the AFC West.

Where's the catch? What's the flaw?

I will tell you why... because it takes more than a few aspects of a defense and/or offense to "burn up the league"... But I do think we are closer to that than the Bills are, that is all. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is down at the level of "Yo Momma", so...over and out....

It really isn't.

Edited by Bump

I'm a big hot sauce guy and have been looking for 10 years for a great sauce- Franks comes highly recommended here, and I know you guys know your sh*t about hot sauce.. if it rocks it.. Imma order the big industrial piant can sh*t.. the kind on hot sauce can ya gotta open with a hammer and flat head screw driver

Franks is the right hot sauce for wings. But if you want something with a real kick, get some Ghost Pepper sauce online.

Big ups to you bro

Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard, just ask my wife.. Thats why I have the fish line on the benjamins when I visit the tittie bars.. yank that sh*t right outta her garder ...

While were talking wings... here where I live, cant seem to find those midget wings one gets at the local sports bar.. all these super markets have the big fuggers.. any tips on a good wing company that'll ship frozen wings via mail?

Can't believe Perdue or anyone else doesn't sell them at your local supermarket.

The place that comes to mind is Will Poultry Co. - they supply all the restaurants around here but I don't know if they ship, and minimum order is $250 anyway. Since your Detroit bankroll is attached to a Zebco reel of 5 lb. monofilament, try these guys...

Camellia Foods

(Not on their product list but I know they have frozen wings, and they say they ship all of their products anywhere in the U.S.)

This might help too...

How to Make Buffalo Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dressing at Home

(Skip making the blue cheese dressing - just get a jar of good Marie's Chunky Blue Cheese from your local grocer.)

Now, just for that, you have to watch this

Edited by The Senator

Sup ladies..

Before I get started, big ups to the Franks link, just ordered a bottle

50355_350853231010_2352732_n.jpg

Gotta love Grandma.. "Put that sh*t on everything"! Git it Grandma!

Is there anything dumber than a poll on who's gonna win a game? You can go to any site and the results are always the same.. why? Why do it?

I;m not gonna homer out and try and tell you stupid things like were gonna win because we beat the team you lost to last year, and because we won by 40 points etc.. like all that really matters

I dont know much about the Bills to be honest other than they won 4 games last year.

So I'll let one of you get me up to speed on your players, draftees etc.. dont really care to hear about how your offense is better, all we have to do is stop McFadden, its old, its repetive and means absoluetly sh*t come sunday. I wanna know about what you guys saw last year in improvements etc, maybe theres a player you think sucks.. its okay to tell me.. I really dont care.. I bust on a couple Raiders so its no big deal

Just gonna hit on a couple key points that some of you might not be aware of...Okay moving on

The Raiders finished last year 8-8. I really see this team as a 9-7 team in reality. Agaisnt the Cards last year with 3 seconds left and down by 2, Janikowski shanks a 27 yard FG to win the game- A FG he makes 99 times outta 100. Bad ball snap. I really look at this team as a 9-7 team heading into this year

The Raiders beat the Chargers not once, but twice last year, swept the division and the telling sign that showed this team had finally turned the corner was week 17 of last year.

Went to Arrowhead with nothing to play for but pride, already eliminated from the playoffs they went into Narrowhead in a hostile environment, sold out game and a game the Chiefs wanted to perform well heading into rd 1 of the playoffs the following week. Result? The Raiders hammered them, beat them up and spit them out. That was a good sign because in pasts, those were games the Raiders would have just folded in waiting to end the season. That was a big sign that the Raiders had finally turned that corner.

Jason Campbell- Not a SB calibre QB by no means. But its finally his 1st time in his career that he has the same OC 2 years in a row. He's a capable QB and can make the throws, but his long ball sucks- it really is bad. But the Raiders gave him the best RB's in the NFL. Theres simply no team with the depth the Raiders have in the NFL, especially now that they drafted Tiwan Jones whom many compare to Chris Johnson, thats not me talking, this are the analysts from ESPM and the media crew. All Campbell is expected to do is complete the itermediate routes, hit the swing passes and dont turn it over- thats allhe's expected to do. He wont put up 3000, or 4,000 yards in a year because they simply run more than they throw.

I personlly wish we had a better arm QB, but I'm okay with Campbell as long as he manages the game and dont turn the ball over

RB's - As already mentioned, its the best group of RB's in the league bar none- the quickness of McFadden, the power of Bush and now the dynamic kid Jones they drafted. And Marcel Reece is a serious weapon at FB

WR's-- Decent but not all that great, dont really matter no how since Campbell cant throw an accurate pass more than 30 yards. They have some nice young talent in Jacoby Ford, Louis Murphy, Chaz Schillens and 5th rd pick Denarius Moore whom many are just drooling over during camp- I'll hold and wait till I see it myself. I think its safe to say Bey will be gone next year. So Oakland will have a good set of young kids with plenty of speed and potential. But I'm not so sure how much that matters with Campbell behind center.

I'd expect to see Denarius Moore tomorrow- it'd suck for you guys if he has his breakout game- he's a good young talented WR, we'll see tho'

Raiders OL- LT Jared Veldheer had a great year as a rookie last year, shutting down some top DE's in the NFL. Last week the Bronco media were talking about how Dumvervil a top De would get at least 3 sacks.. he was shut down and drummed by Veldheer. Rookie LG Stefen Wisnewski has shown to be a great pick and has really improved that position over Robert Gallery. Weisnewski has great lower body strenght and really gets a nice push and he's very quick to get to the 2nd level to take out backers that springs the RB's for additional yards. Center Samson Satele is a average center, not great but okay- he really struggles agaisnt big 3-4 NT's one on one, but vs 4-3 D lineup he does surprisingly well. RG Cooper Carlise gets the brunt of the critics from Raider fans, but what they fail to realize is that behind Carlise last year the Raiders avg 6.9 yards a carry, thats pretty solid, and its a big reason the Raiders have kept him this long despite Raider fans calling to replace him. RT Khalif Barnes is 6'6 of stupid. When he locks onto a defender he'll win the battle but he's about as dumb as a box of rocks-I personally think the dude is deaf in his left ear considering how many false starts he gets

Raiders DL- The media says they are the best in the NFL, could be true, might be debatable but they are certainly in the top 3. They are big, strong and fast, what makes them so good is that they are deep- they rotate guys in like Bryant, Henderson and dont miss a beat- they can bring it with the best of 'em. 2nd year DE Lamar Houston has really blossomed and looks like he'll be a great player in the NFL- Raiders led the league in sacks last year, just relentless and really get after the QB and disrupts the plays.

Raiders LB-... Rolando McClain 2nd year MLB is good, and has really blossomed in pass coverage considering that was his knock in college but he really has played well dropping back- good sideline to sideline speed, tough good tackler, and getting better shedding blocks. This is the year they expect him to step up, well see. But he's a good solid MLB that you dont really have to worry about replacing. Kamerion Wimbley led all OLB with 9 sacks last year- big fast kid that excels in pass rushing, evident of his 9 sacks last year. Quentin Groves sucks open ass. He did last year, but surprisngly played pretty well on monday night, def the weak link in that backer corps.

Raiders secondary- The Raiders had two guys in the top 6 in burn %. Raiders 2 corners Stanford Routt and Chris Johnson. Routta statiscally had as a good a year as Revis. Routt was thrown at 99time last year and allowed just 37 catches- thats extremely good. Huff, Branch, Mitchellare all good decent safeties- not pro bowl players, but decent enough and can make plays- they'll disappear for a couple games then all of a sudden the Raiders safeties will get 3 int's in a game. Just an up and down group. I believe they are really the beneficiaries of the Raiders great pass rush, that rush cause bad throws and sometimes the Raiders safeties get a couple gifts

Well, thats about my take on the Raiders.

Heres a couple important notes:

Hue Jackson took the team from just 17 TD's to 46 TD's in his 1st year

Raiders had the 2nd best rushing game in the NFL

#1 in Sacks

6th highest scoring team in the NFL last year

#2 in Pass defense

Added a couple key coaches in Pro-bowler Wisnewski - OL, Hall of Famer Rod Woodson - Secondary and Al Saunders assit OC

Routt bites on double moves which causes alot of him high pi numbers, lost asumugadalksert but an average corner can cover our second and third receivers.

Like Scott alot, not only because he went to buff but because he plays all over and plays hard.

Huff- overrated. You guys way overpaid for him.

I think billet is better than Campbell, I would take Michael bush and Marcell Reese in a heart beat. Love Louis Murphy but I guess he is out. Love the Woodson hire

Bills will force Jason Campbell to throw the ball.. This game should be good just like every other Bills and Raiders game.

I'm sick of the week of talking and analyzing.. That's one bad thing about football.. you give people a week to analyze and make predictions when none of it is relevant. Every week in the NFL is different.

I will part with a dirty little secret......

The raiders are and have been my SECOND favorite team for years.....Hemet is not that far away from where the Raiders play....i cant stand the chargers.....and everyone in my house is a raiders fan and they are so geeked up for this game it isn't even funny. I will actually be glad when this game is over!

That said.....your @ss is going down on sunday...:)

Sup ladies..

Before I get started, big ups to the Franks link, just ordered a bottle

50355_350853231010_2352732_n.jpg

Gotta love Grandma.. "Put that sh*t on everything"! Git it Grandma!

Is there anything dumber than a poll on who's gonna win a game? You can go to any site and the results are always the same.. why? Why do it?

I;m not gonna homer out and try and tell you stupid things like were gonna win because we beat the team you lost to last year, and because we won by 40 points etc.. like all that really matters

I dont know much about the Bills to be honest other than they won 4 games last year.

So I'll let one of you get me up to speed on your players, draftees etc.. dont really care to hear about how your offense is better, all we have to do is stop McFadden, its old, its repetive and means absoluetly sh*t come sunday. I wanna know about what you guys saw last year in improvements etc, maybe theres a player you think sucks.. its okay to tell me.. I really dont care.. I bust on a couple Raiders so its no big deal

Just gonna hit on a couple key points that some of you might not be aware of...Okay moving on

The Raiders finished last year 8-8. I really see this team as a 9-7 team in reality. Agaisnt the Cards last year with 3 seconds left and down by 2, Janikowski shanks a 27 yard FG to win the game- A FG he makes 99 times outta 100. Bad ball snap. I really look at this team as a 9-7 team heading into this year

The Raiders beat the Chargers not once, but twice last year, swept the division and the telling sign that showed this team had finally turned the corner was week 17 of last year.

Went to Arrowhead with nothing to play for but pride, already eliminated from the playoffs they went into Narrowhead in a hostile environment, sold out game and a game the Chiefs wanted to perform well heading into rd 1 of the playoffs the following week. Result? The Raiders hammered them, beat them up and spit them out. That was a good sign because in pasts, those were games the Raiders would have just folded in waiting to end the season. That was a big sign that the Raiders had finally turned that corner.

Jason Campbell- Not a SB calibre QB by no means. But its finally his 1st time in his career that he has the same OC 2 years in a row. He's a capable QB and can make the throws, but his long ball sucks- it really is bad. But the Raiders gave him the best RB's in the NFL. Theres simply no team with the depth the Raiders have in the NFL, especially now that they drafted Tiwan Jones whom many compare to Chris Johnson, thats not me talking, this are the analysts from ESPM and the media crew. All Campbell is expected to do is complete the itermediate routes, hit the swing passes and dont turn it over- thats allhe's expected to do. He wont put up 3000, or 4,000 yards in a year because they simply run more than they throw.

I personlly wish we had a better arm QB, but I'm okay with Campbell as long as he manages the game and dont turn the ball over

RB's - As already mentioned, its the best group of RB's in the league bar none- the quickness of McFadden, the power of Bush and now the dynamic kid Jones they drafted. And Marcel Reece is a serious weapon at FB

WR's-- Decent but not all that great, dont really matter no how since Campbell cant throw an accurate pass more than 30 yards. They have some nice young talent in Jacoby Ford, Louis Murphy, Chaz Schillens and 5th rd pick Denarius Moore whom many are just drooling over during camp- I'll hold and wait till I see it myself. I think its safe to say Bey will be gone next year. So Oakland will have a good set of young kids with plenty of speed and potential. But I'm not so sure how much that matters with Campbell behind center.

I'd expect to see Denarius Moore tomorrow- it'd suck for you guys if he has his breakout game- he's a good young talented WR, we'll see tho'

Raiders OL- LT Jared Veldheer had a great year as a rookie last year, shutting down some top DE's in the NFL. Last week the Bronco media were talking about how Dumvervil a top De would get at least 3 sacks.. he was shut down and drummed by Veldheer. Rookie LG Stefen Wisnewski has shown to be a great pick and has really improved that position over Robert Gallery. Weisnewski has great lower body strenght and really gets a nice push and he's very quick to get to the 2nd level to take out backers that springs the RB's for additional yards. Center Samson Satele is a average center, not great but okay- he really struggles agaisnt big 3-4 NT's one on one, but vs 4-3 D lineup he does surprisingly well. RG Cooper Carlise gets the brunt of the critics from Raider fans, but what they fail to realize is that behind Carlise last year the Raiders avg 6.9 yards a carry, thats pretty solid, and its a big reason the Raiders have kept him this long despite Raider fans calling to replace him. RT Khalif Barnes is 6'6 of stupid. When he locks onto a defender he'll win the battle but he's about as dumb as a box of rocks-I personally think the dude is deaf in his left ear considering how many false starts he gets

Raiders DL- The media says they are the best in the NFL, could be true, might be debatable but they are certainly in the top 3. They are big, strong and fast, what makes them so good is that they are deep- they rotate guys in like Bryant, Henderson and dont miss a beat- they can bring it with the best of 'em. 2nd year DE Lamar Houston has really blossomed and looks like he'll be a great player in the NFL- Raiders led the league in sacks last year, just relentless and really get after the QB and disrupts the plays.

Raiders LB-... Rolando McClain 2nd year MLB is good, and has really blossomed in pass coverage considering that was his knock in college but he really has played well dropping back- good sideline to sideline speed, tough good tackler, and getting better shedding blocks. This is the year they expect him to step up, well see. But he's a good solid MLB that you dont really have to worry about replacing. Kamerion Wimbley led all OLB with 9 sacks last year- big fast kid that excels in pass rushing, evident of his 9 sacks last year. Quentin Groves sucks open ass. He did last year, but surprisngly played pretty well on monday night, def the weak link in that backer corps.

Raiders secondary- The Raiders had two guys in the top 6 in burn %. Raiders 2 corners Stanford Routt and Chris Johnson. Routta statiscally had as a good a year as Revis. Routt was thrown at 99time last year and allowed just 37 catches- thats extremely good. Huff, Branch, Mitchellare all good decent safeties- not pro bowl players, but decent enough and can make plays- they'll disappear for a couple games then all of a sudden the Raiders safeties will get 3 int's in a game. Just an up and down group. I believe they are really the beneficiaries of the Raiders great pass rush, that rush cause bad throws and sometimes the Raiders safeties get a couple gifts

Well, thats about my take on the Raiders.

Heres a couple important notes:

Hue Jackson took the team from just 17 TD's to 46 TD's in his 1st year

Raiders had the 2nd best rushing game in the NFL

#1 in Sacks

6th highest scoring team in the NFL last year

#2 in Pass defense

Added a couple key coaches in Pro-bowler Wisnewski - OL, Hall of Famer Rod Woodson - Secondary and Al Saunders assit OC

You Sounds like a big homer to me! Raiders will get a huge doze of Freddy Jackson today and see what heart is all about. I just don't see the Raiders coming into our house today and pulling one out of their ass.

Bills 28

Raiders 14

:o)

Didn't read the whole thread....but has anybody suggested that the AFC West just plain sucked last year? And in that suckitude, the stats are skewed?

Evidence:

1. The Chiefs won the division

2. The Raiders swept the division...but then proceeded to go 2-6 against the NFC West, AFC South? Three decent/good teams they played were the Dolfags, Steelers and the Colts and they got blown out by all three(garbage time scores against the Colts). They blew a 10 point lead against Jacksonville, and lost. Anybody think the Chargers were a good team last year? The Raiders non-division wins were a squeaker over the Rams...with Gradowski starting, and a legit blowout of the Seahawks. Against the worst division in the league, a mediocre division, plus the Steelers and Dolphins...and the best you can do is 2-6? Meanwhile you play in the 2nd worst division in the league? Try playing against our division, try playing our schedule last year. This isn't even close. Now that I think about it....how in the hell weren't the Chiefs 13-3 last year? Oh, that's right, they are an overrated team in a sucky division that played against a weak schedule too. :lol:

3. Due to 1-2, yeah, I can see where my running stats would be inflated too. So would my defensive stats. How well did your vaunted running game do against the 49ers? :lol: Or even better, the Houston Texans...what a mighty defense that is! A historically terrible defense against which neither Bush or McFadden broke 50 yards rushing?

4. With all of this...add that this team lost it's best offensive player in Zach Miller and best defensive player in Nandi ass...WTF? Bills Fans: how'd you like to have an off-season like that?

Perhaps this guy is sincere in his assessment....but, perhaps he's been affected by seeing so many crappy football teams for an entire year.

Buddy this year you have to play a Division 1A schedule. No more beating up on Central Western State. Come on back around week 8 and we'll see if you still think your team is a 9-7 team.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Anyhow, thanks to Chronic and Bump for adding some spice to the DB, we've been boring each other with each other lately on here; nothing like a good brouhaha to add some excitement.

Should be a fun game today, especially when the Bills win. :rolleyes: Good luck the rest of the season Raider Nation. :pirate:

GO BILLS!

Didn't read the whole thread....but has anybody suggested that the AFC West just plain sucked last year? And in that suckitude, the stats are skewed?

I did. I said that if the Raiders played in the AFC East last year, at best they would have gone 1-5, seeing as how they lost to Miami in Miami, and had no chance to beat the Jets and Pats. And outside of their division wins, they won just 2 games, against teams with losing records.

We'll be seein' ya then! Appreciate the gouge you brought and the sense of humor!

That thing about the tittie bars made me spew coffee on my keyboard.

Bad thing is we got the Jets and Cheaters* back to back in weeks 3 and 4

Marcia Brady* and company is a different story tho'

I know I speak for Bills Fandom when I say:

Few things would make us all happier than to watch the Raiders beating up the Jets and the Patriots*

('round here, you need to put an asterisk after any mention. Fixed above)

They have both been our nemesis of recent, due to total lack of run D and pass rush. We are Hopeful...things will be different this year.

If you can get in Marcia's* face with a strong rush, he starts to look ordinary - IF you can take away the dink-n-dunk over the middle stuff with good coverage.

Otherwise he'll Welker* you ta death before you can paste him.

That was the Jet's recipe for playoff success last year and my my did the Patsies* look limp.

Cheers!

There is a difference between "overtime matchup"...there were two games... one was a regular game..one was overtime..

Did it really need to boil down to semantics? Clearly, matchup means GAME.. Have you ever spoke about somebodies performance based solely on overtime? I never have... Seems pretty silly to me lol

Yea sure... Orton completed a lot of underneath stuff... I'm sure Fitzpatrick will too. Raiders have always been a "ebdn but don't break" defense. I have never seen them have a truly dominant, shut down D. I've been a Raider fan for about 27 years.

IDK? I'm sure I would have as much trouble explaining this to you as you would explaining how the Bills with the emerging career of a lifelong journeyman QB had his team in the bottom third of all team passing stats?

So much for that VAUNTED passing attack...

Hey, I will just take a page right out of the Bills Homer's Textbook... "That was LAST SEASON... This is 2011 and we are THE NUMBER ONE RUSHING DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE!!"

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH [/Ric Flair]

Why would I explain that? I'm not here hyping my very average QB

hey, I have a question for you....

How did you feel after the 2003 season opener...???

OOOOOOHHHHHHH ... I know THAT one stung.....

2003? Really? Well since we are taking a stroll down memory lane, let me see, how did I feel after the 2003 home opener?

1. Not nearly as happy as I was after the beatdown of the 1990 Bills/Raiders AFC Championship game (And I know that one stung)

2. Almost as happy as I was after the 1994 Bills/Raiders AFC Div Playoff game

3. A little happier than I was after watching the fourth quarter annihilation in the 1990 Bills/Raiders game on Monday Night Football

4. Quite a bit happier than I was after the drubbing I witnessed in the 1998 Bills/Raiders game

5. And since the 2003 opener happened before the humiliating loss at the hands of Capt Checkdown in the 2008 Bills/Raiders game – it probably wouldn’t be fair to compare those feelings

Hope that helps