• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The key words of your entire argument: "last year."

Let's see how they compare after tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Are you saying past performance isn't a guarantee for the future? Odd concept that doesn't seem to be accepted on the west coast. I mean it is ok to use Raiders stats from last year to show how they will win next week, but they continually skip over the absolute pitiful performance of week one 2011. We demolished their division winner (yah but they suck even though the Chiefs were in the playoffs not the Raiders), and they squeeked out a sloppy win against Denver, which obviously is not relevant at this time.

I'm glad Chronic and RaiderJoe showed up, I do enjoy these threads to talk a little smack with some opponents fans.

*facepalm*

Raiders are the 2nd best rushing team in the NFL

The Bills are the 18th best rushing team in the NFL

Raiders are the 6th highest scoring team in the NFL

Bills are almost dead last at 28 in scoring

Raider rush avg is 5 yards a pop

Bills are at 4.3

Raiders had 19 rushing TD's

Bills had an abysmal 6 rushing TD's last year

Stop doing this to yourself...

You really need to stop going off last years stats. Last years stats are great to look at until the opening game. Once kick off happens it doesn't mean squat. Since you are great at stats lets look at week one Stats.

Total Defense

Bills -3rd

Raiders -10th

Total Offense

Bills - 15th

Raiders - 26th

Passer Rating

Fitz - 1st

Jason Campbell - 18th

In the end who cares about Stats. It's about the Win after the game. Tomorrow we find out. If the raiders win i am sure you will be here to gloat about it. If the Raiders lose the better stat question is if you are man enough to eat some crow?

My stats say you won't be around if the Raiders lose.

So... u don't think going in the whole 14 points in the first quarter changes the complexion of a game completely? My whole point was...if McCluster doesn't fumble and Colquit punts worth any NFL punters weight in salt.... They might have scored more than 7 points!

The Bills scored a TD after the McCluster fumble. The Chefs got the ball back and didn't score. The Bills got the ball back and didn't score on their next 2 possessions. So the Chefs had every opportunity to do something before the score got out of hand.

yes lol... in the 2 games of those 3.5 sacks, 1 came against Veldheer. Veldheer pancaked Hali about 5 times in the overtime matchup.

The Raiders ran just 2 plays in OT before kicking the game-winning FG. And now you're saying Veldheer gave up 1 sack (which means Barnes gave up the other 2.5), whereas before he "blanked him?" Sorry if I don't believe you. You guys have been making-up "facts" and expecting no one to call you on them.

The Bills scored a TD after the McCluster fumble. The Chefs got the ball back and didn't score. The Bills got the ball back and didn't score on their next 2 possessions. So the Chefs had every opportunity to do something before the score got out of hand.

The Raiders ran just 2 plays in OT before kicking the game-winning FG. And now you're saying Veldheer gave up 1 sack (which means Barnes gave up the other 2.5), whereas before he "blanked him?" Sorry if I don't believe you. You guys have been making-up "facts" and expecting no one to call you on them.

Reading is fundamental...

"Veldheer pancaked Hali about 5 times in the overtime matchup"

"Veldheer pancaked Hali about 5 times in overtime"

Are these two different statements entirely?? Yes they are!

I have blown up a couple posters on here with facts... I don't make stuff up as I go along... My stuff checks out.

The Chiefs did not line Hali up exclusively on Veldheer, they rushed him from the right side also.... ask me how I know...and then ask me how you don't..

Edited by Bump

Thing is.. We don't offer Run D.. last year we were the second ranked PASS D and second in the league in sacks. Last week we stuffed the run. So if the Raiders can stuff the run now too??? It will be a very, very long day for the Bills because we already know they can get at the passer just like they did last season.

Hey Bump,

Durn if you ain't right, Raiders 29th in the league against the run last year by NFL stats.

I'm more a follower of CHFF where the Def. Hogs index is very favorable towards them.

Another mystery of the Raiders team, can you help me solve it?

If you live in the other team's backfield with a great DL, you ought to be able to stuff the run, right?

Unless, of course, you're penetrating the backfield at the expense of setting the edge or overpursuing or something?

Or maybe...the DL is great but the LB corp needs ketsup?

What's the problem, help me out here?

So even with 5 sacks and a huge hunka yardage, Orton hung 274 yds net passing on your Boyz in silver and black.

That'd be..... 20th in the league for pass defense last week?

I mean, I'm not so much for NFL stats, again, kinda find CHFF more enlightening...

Doesn't it kinda look though, like if you guyz fixed the run D, it came at the expense of pass D?

Or is Denver just the pass-genius team of the AFC now?

Or [your explanation here]?

Just doesn't look like your theory that the Boyz from Oak have added great run D to pass D jibes with the stats from last week

Unless you call 274 net yards great pass D?

Oh and here's the funny thing...I'm totally on board with the "this ain't 2010" point.

While I was looking up 2011 1st week I noticed...the Raiders were 20th in points per game given up by passing last year.

So yeah, they get sacks....but does it help them keep points off the board by passing?

Nice post, Chronic - very informative.

Glad to turn you on to Frank's sauce too - but dude, one bottle? You ordered one bottle? :unsure:

(Geez...while you're on a spending spree, why don't you get on the Anchor Bar site and have 'em ship you one wing to try?)

OK, on to the game.

Seems like almost everything's been said now. Enough folks have given the scoop on who's who and what to watch for from the Bills side, just as you have from a Raiders fan's POV. You've heard all about Fitz's 3000 yards and 23 TDs in 13 games, how well he acquitted himself coming off the bench last season after being thrust into the starting QB spot in week 3, and the league-leading 4 TDs and 133 QB rating he had in week one. You've been briefed on our young corps of talented WRs, you know about the downright nastiness of our young o-line, the new personnel on our defense - including Raider-Killer Shawn Merriman - and that the Bills have significantly beefed-up in size at almost every defensive position over the off-season. You know what we did to the AFC West Division winning Chiefs in their own house, in front of their fans, at their season opener. And you must slready know that Merriman has his best games against the Raiders, has NEVER lost to the them, and his 8.5 sacks against the Raiders are the most for him against any team.

Not much more for me to add, so I'll let Merriman add a few more sacks tomorrow while I just add this...

We don't have any really great stats from last season. It was a rebuilding year for first-year GM Buddy Nix and first-year HC Chan Gailey. We were 4-12, ranked 28th on offense, 28th on defense, and last in the league defending against the run. We had QB issues, just like you guys. Also, we were only 2-4 in the last 6 weeks - we didn't rise to the top like the 'Cream of the NFL' 3-3 record the Raiders knocked down in the same period. :rolleyes:

What we do have going for us is a solid, very hungry, and scrappy young team with some extremely talented unknowns, castoffs, and promising rookies and 2nd/3rd year players, mentored by a decades-wizened, veteran coaching staff.

(Trust me -- Chan Gailey + Dave Wannstedt > Hue Jackson + Al Saunders + Chuck Bresnahan + Steve Wisniewski + Al Saunders + the rest of Raiders coaching staff.)

That's why it's gonna be so gratifying seeing the rest of the football world slowly wake up and take notice the Buffalo Bills v.2011 - no one outside of the BuffTown has a clue who the Bills are this season. The Chiefs game made quite a few stand up and take notice - now it's the Raiders turn to go to school.

Finally, and this is the clincher, the Bills Faithful - 75,000 screaming maniacs know as 'The 12th Man'. Having been to many Raiders games in both LA in Oakland during my time out West, I can tell you that there is absolutely nothing you have ever experienced like the home crowd at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

(So upsetting were the Bills fans to division rival Miami Dolphins LB Brian Cox, that he actually sued the NFL for forcing him work in a hostile environment :w00t: )

Bottom line:

1) Ryan Fitzpatrick > Jason Campbell

2) Gailey/Wannstedt > Jackson and staff

3) Bills offense > Raiders defense

4) Bills defense > Raiders offense

5) Home field, 12th man, blah blah blah

That's why I'm predicting the Bills will beat the pants off the Raiders...

post-2970-020317000 1316302643_thumb.jpg

Wow, this looks like a "distinction without a difference" to me....especially if there were only 2 plays before FG kick.

I don't want to be harsh, but so far not more impressed by the so called Bump demolishment by facts here than I was by the Raiders great pass D on Monday....

Maybe if you can explain to me how a team with a fantastic pass D and near league-leading sacks wound up 20th in the NFL in pts given up by passing?

Or why a team with a great penetrating DL has a middle-of-the-pack run D?

Or how about why Campbell was sacked 33 times last year, and had his completion percentage fall 5%?

Can you explain these facts? Help me out here....

I have blown up a couple posters on here with facts... I don't make stuff up as I go along... My stuff checks out.

My bad on the OT thing. But I've blown up several of your "facts" here already. And while you claim Veldheer "blanked" Hali, Hali had a sack and "terrorized" Veldheer in both contests last year. I Googled it.

Stop going after last season stats... WTF?

Whattya wanna use 1 game this year?

You guys are some drinking Mofo's up in here.. hittin the sauce a little early

Whether you wanna use last years stas, or just one game "okay, I'll play along..*bows head and kicks can*)

Are you people really serious?

Im done with this back and forth making every excuse to try and pretend the Bills have a better run gamethan the Raiders

If you wanna continue to believe in unicorns.. then gosh darnit you just do that Cinderella

Whether you wanna use last years stas, or just one game "okay, I'll play along..*bows head and kicks can*)

Im done with this back and forth making every excuse to try and pretend the Bills have a better run gamethan the Raiders

If you wanna continue to believe in unicorns.. then gosh darnit you just do that Cinderella

Better run game? Maybe not. But the Bills have a better/balanced offense and will be at home, on the East Coast, where the Raiders always struggle, and with a short week to recover from the physicality of the Broncos game, as well as gameplan for Chandler, Brad Smith, and Dareus. If this game were in Oakland, we wouldn't be as confident.

Here's what I think... the Raiders running game is better than the Bills', and will end the season as the better running game (statistically) than the Bills. But not tomorrow.

Veldheer blanked Hali last season....does that say anything?

Veldheer put on 15 pounds this offseason. He is looking like a furture franchise LT. I guarantee you whoever the Bills throw at him will be completely irrelevant.

And Demetrius Bell our much meligned LT did the same to Hali in the first game....

Im sorry I do appreciate the info on the team (not that I needed it they live right down the street from me) but all this just sounds like raider fans trying to convine themsevleves they can win tomorrow.....

- if they were so great......why did they go nearly winless outside their division?

- by the way....the "raiders having nothing to play for but pride" and the "Chiefs wanting to win going into the playoffs thing really doesnt wash.....raiders players are playing for jobs and chiefs are thinking about not getting hurt before a playoff game and that is usually true in most of these scenarios......

Raiders defense is good.....its simple as that....they can run the ball.....simple as that.........

Wow, this looks like a "distinction without a difference" to me....especially if there were only 2 plays before FG kick.

There is a difference between "overtime matchup"...there were two games... one was a regular game..one was overtime..

Did it really need to boil down to semantics? Clearly, matchup means GAME.. Have you ever spoke about somebodies performance based solely on overtime? I never have... Seems pretty silly to me lol

I don't want to be harsh, but so far not more impressed by the so called Bump demolishment by facts here than I was by the Raiders great pass D on Monday....

Yea sure... Orton completed a lot of underneath stuff... I'm sure Fitzpatrick will too. Raiders have always been a "ebdn but don't break" defense. I have never seen them have a truly dominant, shut down D. I've been a Raider fan for about 27 years.

Maybe if you can explain to me how a team with a fantastic pass D and near league-leading sacks wound up 20th in the NFL in pts given up by passing?

IDK? I'm sure I would have as much trouble explaining this to you as you would explaining how the Bills with the emerging career of a lifelong journeyman QB had his team in the bottom third of all team passing stats?

So much for that VAUNTED passing attack...

Or why a team with a great penetrating DL has a middle-of-the-pack run D?

Hey, I will just take a page right out of the Bills Homer's Textbook... "That was LAST SEASON... This is 2011 and we are THE NUMBER ONE RUSHING DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE!!"

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH [/Ric Flair]

Or how about why Campbell was sacked 33 times last year, and had his completion percentage fall 5%?

Why would I explain that? I'm not here hyping my very average QB

Can you explain these facts? Help me out here....

hey, I have a question for you....

How did you feel after the 2003 season opener...???

OOOOOOHHHHHHH ... I know THAT one stung.....

You really need to stop going off last years stats. Last years stats are great to look at until the opening game. Once kick off happens it doesn't mean squat. Since you are great at stats lets look at week one Stats.

Total Defense

Bills -3rd

Raiders -10th

Total Offense

Bills - 15th

Raiders - 26th

Passer Rating

Fitz - 1st

Jason Campbell - 18th

In the end who cares about Stats. It's about the Win after the game. Tomorrow we find out. If the raiders win i am sure you will be here to gloat about it. If the Raiders lose the better stat question is if you are man enough to eat some crow?

My stats say you won't be around if the Raiders lose.

Raiders #1 in rush defense

Raiders #1 in sacks

Glitter and Unicorns..

Climb back in that racecar bed sweetheart.. sweet dreams...

Edited by Chronic

And Demetrius Bell our much meligned LT did the same to Hali in the first game....

Im sorry I do appreciate the info on the team (not that I needed it they live right down the street from me) but all this just sounds like raider fans trying to convine themsevleves they can win tomorrow.....

- if they were so great......why did they go nearly winless outside their division?

- by the way....the "raiders having nothing to play for but pride" and the "Chiefs wanting to win going into the playoffs thing really doesnt wash.....raiders players are playing for jobs and chiefs are thinking about not getting hurt before a playoff game and that is usually true in most of these scenarios......

Raiders defense is good.....its simple as that....they can run the ball.....simple as that.........

The Broncos put up almost 350 yards on their defense. This despite Orton literally having the ball fall out of the back of his hand without being touched first on one drive.

LOL at this post, lets clear a few things up for our raider fan.

To say your WR are good or average is laughable. Do you realize that your QB Jason Campbell threw for 2387 in 13 games and only 13 TD's with 8 Int's?

Those are some pretty bad stats, your WR's are probably bottom 5 in the league as far as team.

Now your Passing Defense was top notch but you realize you lost your lets say #2 best corner in the league to FA? You really think your passing D will be elite now?

Now you guys have a good chance at winning but it will be more of the Bills losing in the trenches, the O-line holds up for us and the D-line stops the run we win point blank.

Good luck!

Raiders #1 in rush defense

Raiders #1 in sacks

Glitter and Unicorns..

Climb back in that racecar bed sweetheart.. sweet dreams...

Wake up man, my best friend is a Bronco fan, they have NO running backs and have not been able to run for years. Moreno is a bust X 2 and McGahee well not much to say about him. I think your Defense especially front 4 are good but it had ALOT to do with the team you played.

*facepalm*

Raiders are the 2nd best rushing team in the NFL

The Bills are the 18th best rushing team in the NFL

Raiders are the 6th highest scoring team in the NFL

Bills are almost dead last at 28 in scoring

Raider rush avg is 5 yards a pop

Bills are at 4.3

Raiders had 19 rushing TD's

Bills had an abysmal 6 rushing TD's last year

Stop doing this to yourself...

im sorry.....are we talking about last year or this year? because...you know....it IS a new year

by the way...Bump has officially put out so much bull **** info in this thread I have fallen behind trying to correct him

LOL at this post, lets clear a few things up for our raider fan.

To say your WR are good or average is laughable. Do you realize that your QB Jason Campbell threw for 2387 in 13 games and only 13 TD's with 8 Int's?

Those are some pretty bad stats, your WR's are probably bottom 5 in the league as far as team.

Now your Passing Defense was top notch but you realize you lost your lets say #2 best corner in the league to FA? You really think your passing D will be elite now?

Now you guys have a good chance at winning but it will be more of the Bills losing in the trenches, the O-line holds up for us and the D-line stops the run we win point blank.

Good luck!

Yes we are fully aware of his yardage.. One must consider they are a running team, and that Fitzpatrick threw more passes than Campbells

He did that because the Bills run game is complete dogsh*t. Lets be honest here, the only chance the Bills have to win is to throw it

But it as it may.. Nobody gives a damn about how many yards one throws in a game.. what they want to seee and how you can truely judge a QB is by his completion ratio

And Campble completed more passes to those same "sh*tty WR's" per attempts than Fitzpatrick did to all those pro bowl WR's on the Bills roster

Glitter and Unicorns...

Edited by Chronic