Oh No! Solomon Wilcots this week!

dbringer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least it's not Marv Albert again. Marv's return to football announcing was atrocious last week. He couldn't get players names right, and was often behind the play in announcing. I remember on the fumbled QB / Center exchange, he said that Fred Jackson took the hand off and fumbled it. It was almost like listening to the announcers on Joe Montana Football (who remembers that game?!) on the Sega Genesis! Horrible!

At least it's not Marv Albert again. Marv's return to football announcing was atrocious last week. He couldn't get players names right, and was often behind the play in announcing. I remember on the fumbled QB / Center exchange, he said that Fred Jackson took the hand off and fumbled it. It was almost like listening to the announcers on Joe Montana Football (who remembers that game?!) on the Sega Genesis! Horrible!

You mean they let this tool, no pun intended, back in? WTF?

While Wilcots may butcher some names, he is a pretty good analyst. I would take him over Simms or Aikman who get by on name recognition but are horrible at their jobs.

You want Wilcots on your games if you play well, because he is a major player in Sirius NFL Radio, which has a very large listener base. Rich Gannon as well. These guys are on all week.

I agree! Thank god Im gonna be there in person! Go Bills fear the beard!

I love that. "Fear the Beard". Run with that...

I'll never forget Dan Dierdorf's call early in Super Bowl XXV: "This game is starting off very nicely if you are a fan of the New York Giants." /cringe

Dan Dierdorf is my favorite of the announcers. He's a fair guy, IMO, and he seems to always have a soft spot for the Bills..

Go Bills!

tim-

That was Kenny Albert. But I agree he was horrendous beyond words....