WGR again

jahbonas

Bills are coming off an impressive 41-7 win with its home opener days away - and today the entire morning was Sabres preseason talk. Only this crew can talk NHL preseason over regular season NFL.

And keep in mind they have dedicated shows to the topic of meaningless NFL preseason games (but apparently the preseason games of an 80 game schedule is so important)

Bills are coming off an impressive 41-7 win with its home opener days away - and today the entire morning was Sabres preseason talk. Only this crew can talk NHL preseason over regular season NFL.

And keep in mind they have dedicated shows to the topic of meaningless NFL preseason games (but apparently the preseason games of an 80 game schedule is so important)

That's not true. In fact, they spent some time talking about how they felt unfairly criticized for talking football three days after a game. It's possible that you only listened to the interview with Jordan Leopold (which was scheduled and is normal just before a preseason) or the discussion about the Myers contract (which is big news), but they definitely did not spend the entire morning talking hockey.

They are in the middle of locking up one of their best players who is also only 21 years old for a reported 7 years and you expect them not to talk about it? I'm sure they talked about the Merriman signing in the midst of hockey season also.

I refuse to listen to them anymore! Useless station!

Yep, credit where credit is due. I listened again, even though i swore off of them last week, and they have been fair. even mike and chris. The bills give better access to 97 rock and canadian stations than they do the only sports station in town. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with the attitude of WGR.

They are in the middle of locking up one of their best players who is also only 21 years old for a reported 7 years and you expect them not to talk about it? I'm sure they talked about the Merriman signing in the midst of hockey season also.

Plenty of mornings were spent, in part, discussing the NFL draft when the Sabres were in a playoff run, too. I have no idea what OP's agenda was, but it's simply incorrect that they didn't talk football this morning.

It's Wednesday.

This. Tuesday is the off day for the team. Monday is film review and meetings with the home media after the game. Wednesday is media day for the upcoming game and when they install the game plan. So Wednesday morning there is not much to talk about.

Yep, credit where credit is due. I listened again, even though i swore off of them last week, and they have been fair. even mike and chris. The bills give better access to 97 rock and canadian stations than they do the only sports station in town. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with the attitude of WGR.

This seems to be changing with Stevie Johnson & Drayton Florence now being weekly guests. Wasn't a large portion of the issue due to Chuck Dickerson back in the day?

That's not true. In fact, they spent some time talking about how they felt unfairly criticized for talking football three days after a game. It's possible that you only listened to the interview with Jordan Leopold (which was scheduled and is normal just before a preseason) or the discussion about the Myers contract (which is big news), but they definitely did not spend the entire morning talking hockey.

Got to agree. I am not one to stick up for GR but on the drive in this morning to work White & Simon were talking all football. At least they were until 7:45am when I got into the office. After that I am not sure.

& to the poster who said who isn't excited about hockey with training camp days away. That would be me. Sorry with the Bills off to a great start & days away from what should be an awesome scene at the Ralph Sunday, College Football in full swing(Oklahmoa ST/FSU Saturday night), baseball pennant races winding down & the playoffs, who honestly gives a sh*t about a 5th rate sport like hockey right now?

Edited by Gordio

Got to agree. I am not one to stick up for GR but on the drive in this morning to work White & Simon were talking all football. At least they were until 7:45am when I got into the office. After that I am not sure.

& to the poster who said who isn't excited about hockey with training camp days away. That would be me. Sorry with the Bills off to a great start & days away from what should be an awesome scene at the Ralph Sunday, College Football in full swing(Oklahmoa ST/FSU Saturday night), baseball pennant races winding down & the playoffs, who honestly gives a sh*t about a 5th rate sport like hockey right now?

Me and all the other Sabre fans here. I watch hockey over college football. 5th rate sport? Let me guess, you watch Nascar.

People complaining about WGR55 not talking the Bills is getting as tiresome as WGR55 not talking about the Bills.... :thumbdown:

When they do talk about the Bills, everyone is mad about what they say...when they don't talk about them, they are mad because they are talking about the other pro-team in town, you know, the one they are the flag-ship station for?

I am mad, because 97Rock carries the Bills game, but every time I tune in during the week, they are playing the same "classic rock" songs that they were calling "classic rock" 25 years ago, when I moved away!!! :rolleyes: How come they aren't talking about the Bills? How can they play "Turn the Page" again, when the Bills beat the Chiefs 41-7, just 3 days ago!!!!!! :censored:

Maybe the majority of sports fans living in WNY, their base audience?

Edited by Buftex

I gotta disagree. I listened all morning and heard a bunch of football talk. The talked about the sabres and the preseason because it starts next week and the news had just broke about the Myers extension.

Wgr sounds like a college radio station. Do yourself a favor and get sirius. NFL radio is incredible and you can listen to ESPN, NHL radio, fantasy sports radio and so much more. Then, if the sabres make the playoffs (thats right...if. I know wgr has them locked in) you can tune into that AM static when hockey is actually relevant. For the record, I play hockey and have season tickets to the Sabres. For whatever reason, like many people I know, I'm not that into the NHL until the NFL, the NFL playoffs and even March Madness is over. Regular season NHL games are only slightly more compelling than the NBA.