Is it wrong That I was Happy when Mcgee went down?

EldaBillsFan

I'm not happy he was injured. To be honest he didn't earn his starting spot this summer. Williams even though young looked more promising and obviously a better long term answer. At the end of the day I'd rather Williams beat out McGee outright than any injuries. But I am glad we drafted Williams and believe he will be this teams shut down corner of the future.

I'm not happy he was injured. To be honest he didn't earn his starting spot this summer. Williams even though young looked more promising and obviously a better long term answer. At the end of the day I'd rather Williams beat out McGee outright than any injuries. But I am glad we drafted Williams and believe he will be this teams shut down corner of the future.

I like having depth on defense and knew Williams would play when they went to multiple sets anyway so I don't know why anyone would be happy he got injured.

I personally don't see McGee as the "weak" link.

And yes, it's wrong to be happy if for no other reason because a guy who gave Buffalo some GREAT years, spanning three (two bumbling) regimes may now find himself out of a job because he can't stay healthy.

My first thought when they showed him on the bench was: Oh no, we're going to cut him. Part of me thinks the organization will throw him a bone, put him on IR, THEN cut him, but either way, I think we've seen the last of T.McGee in a Bills uni.

For that, no one should be happy. He'll be a tough one to say goodbye to, and how often have we had that be the case?

In the meantime, everyone who wet themselves with anger over the drafting Aaron Williams, please stand up and be shamed. Aaron Williams was a great draft pick. Go ahead and tell me I'm jumping the gun. I'll gladly revisit this conversation in four years.

I never want to see any hurt or injuries especially on my team, but i believe mcgee is the weak link in our secondary...he is not the player he use to be...and i'd love what williams did...only one blown play...but his awareness was there... the timing was just off....

There is no ifs ands or buts - you never wish injury on anyone. Period.

I never want to see any hurt or injuries especially on my team, but i believe mcgee is the weak link in our secondary...he is not the player he use to be...and i'd love what williams did...only one blown play...but his awareness was there... the timing was just off....

Explain how you were happy he was injured to his face...Im sure he'll understand.

happy probably wasnt the best word...

but he have missed an average over 6 games in the last two years...openned this season up with an injury...he is not the dynamic player he was 4 years ago...He is not the guy from 2005-2007 or 08 ..... that was returning kicks, and running stride for stride with the best wr in the league...

Im just saying i wasnt upset....

Edited by EldaBillsFan

Yes, it's wrong. I disagree that McGees the weak link. Disagree vehemently. He's a good player when healthy.

A healthy McGee is still probably our best DB. I for hope he'll rebound quickly and will still have a solid season for the Bills. Yet, from the look on his face when he went to the bench, he appeared worried well beyond not being able to play further against the Chiefs.

Objectively, even if McGee has lost a step, his technique and decision-making still earned him a starting spot on our roster this year. Additional injuries only seem to validate your point because another unfortunate injury will further hamper his physical ability. Take away that unlucky event and he was fine.

Personally, I will always thank McGee for giving me something to get excited about during years when the bills had a very inept offense. I remember fast-forwarding through recordings of Bills games I couldn't watch to skip the 3-and-outs, long Moorman punts, and opponents' scoring drives just to watch his kick returns.