On the field awesome

ieatcrayonz

This was a great win yesterday ON the football field. I think we deservedly took time to savor it. It is only one game and blah blah blah. I'm ok with the ON field stuff though. Let's do our best to beat the Raiders.

The thing that makes me wonder is the marketing department of the Bills. Are they trying to lose the team to another city? Instead of saving costs by cutting players like Evans, why not generate new revenues?

After a game like yesterday, any savvy business would take advantage, but not the Bills, they just want to cut costs. How many Sam Chandler jerseys do you think they could have sold today? Thousands that's how many. That is new revenue that is right out the window. They might have been able to sell enough to keep Evans even. Instead, they are selling Evans jerseys :wallbash: at bargain basement prices and there are no Chandler jerseys to be found.

Any good business has well integrated production and marketing. The Bills produced on the field. Chandler was obviously part of the game plan. They should have told the marketing department to be ready for the Monday morning rush and move some merchandise, but they didn't. Or marketing didn't listen. Anyway they got caught with their pants down like any dysfunctional organization would.

All businesses have revenues and costs. Without maximizing revenue, costs have to be cut. The next time the Bills cut some stud for no football reason think about the Sam Chandler jersey snafu because it is a perfect example of why.

This was a great win yesterday ON the football field. I think we deservedly took time to savor it. It is only one game and blah blah blah. I'm ok with the ON field stuff though. Let's do our best to beat the Raiders.

The thing that makes me wonder is the marketing department of the Bills. Are they trying to lose the team to another city? Instead of saving costs by cutting players like Evans, why not generate new revenues?

After a game like yesterday, any savvy business would take advantage, but not the Bills, they just want to cut costs. How many Sam Chandler jerseys do you think they could have sold today? Thousands that's how many. That is new revenue that is right out the window. They might have been able to sell enough to keep Evans even. Instead, they are selling Evans jerseys :wallbash: at bargain basement prices and there are no Chandler jerseys to be found.

Any good business has well integrated production and marketing. The Bills produced on the field. Chandler was obviously part of the game plan. They should have told the marketing department to be ready for the Monday morning rush and move some merchandise, but they didn't. Or marketing didn't listen. Anyway they got caught with their pants down like any dysfunctional organization would.

All businesses have revenues and costs. Without maximizing revenue, costs have to be cut. The next time the Bills cut some stud for no football reason think about the Sam Chandler jersey snafu because it is a perfect example of why.

If the Bills have success ON field, they'll have no problem selling merchandise OFF field...

Yes, I know it's crayons....just sayin!

Do you have any idea how much money Lee Evans was due this year?

You should do a little research and educate yourself before you spout off the same old "we traded Lee Evans to save money" baloney.

Also, the Ravens hung 35 on one of the best defenses in the league. You'd think that their powerful offensive weapon Lee Evans must have had a field day. How does zero catches grab ya?

Shhhh!!!!!

I had a truckload of Sam Chandler jerseys made after yesterday's win - I'm planning to corner the market this Sunday. B-)

Are you going to give the profits to the Bills? Because if you don't sooner or later you are going to have to move to Los Angeles to sell jerseys.

Are you going to give the profits to the Bills? Because if you don't sooner or later you are going to have to move to Los Angeles to sell jerseys.

OK, time to let the cat out of the bag....

Check out the title above #84 TE.... what comes before Chandler? :doh:

http://www.nfl.com/player/scottchandler/2495573/profile

Edited by BmoreBills

You're forgetting that there's a lot of Bills fans at Busby's in Santa Monica - I can probably get more $$$ per jersey in LA, but I'll have crunch the numbers to see if it's worth driving my truckload of Sam Chandler jerseys out West...

(

)

You're forgetting that there's a lot of Bills fans at Busby's in Santa Monica - I can probably get more $$$ per jersey in LA, but I'll have crunch the numbers to see if it's worth driving my truckload of Sam Chandler jerseys out West...

(

)

Dude it won't be just Chandler it will be the whole team at some point if this keeps up. Anyway, when they move there it will probably mean a whole new marketing team that is on top of these things.

You're forgetting that there's a lot of Bills fans at Busby's in Santa Monica - I can probably get more $$ per jersey in LA, but I'll have crunch the numbers to see if it's worth driving my truckload of Sam Chandler jerseys out West...

(link)

Busbys was rockin'. What an unbelievable day to be a Bills fan.

I'd definitely buy a Sam Chandler jersey if Sam continues to play like this.

It takes time to have jerseys made. More than 12 hours anyway. Besides you can order custom jerseys of any player. It's not like you can't get a Chandler jersey ever.

PTR

Geez dude you are making my point. I KNOW it takes time to make jerseys. That is why the production part of the business, otherwise known as players and coaching staff, needs to let the marketing team know AHEAD of time. Let them know that Chandler is a big part of the game plan. SO THEY CAN HAVE THE JERSEYS READY.

I am not totally knocking the coaches because maybe they did tell marketing and marketing is the culprit.

Dude it won't be just Chandler it will be the whole team at some point if this keeps up. Anyway, when they move there it will probably mean a whole new marketing team that is on top of these things.

That's a good thing - it's obvious the marketeers in LA are far more savvy than in Buffalo. (Where do you think the Bills got their 'Disney' parking-system idea from?)

Plus, it's 3 hours earlier in LA - that would have given them an extra 3 hours to make the jerseys.

Geez dude you are making my point. I KNOW it takes time to make jerseys. That is why the production part of the business, otherwise known as players and coaching staff, needs to let the marketing team know AHEAD of time. Let them know that Chandler is a big part of the game plan. SO THEY CAN HAVE THE JERSEYS READY.

I am not totally knocking the coaches because maybe they did tell marketing and marketing is the culprit.

And what's more, they should have told the marketing team ahead of time that Larry McGee was going to get hurt, so that they could sell Larry McGee band aids. You're right....a truly pathetic lack of communication between the production and communication departments.

Edited by gobillsinytown