On the field awesome

ieatcrayonz

I am not totally knocking the coaches because maybe they did tell marketing and marketing is the culprit.

Sure, go ahead and blame marketing. Second to lawyers they are everybody's favorite whipping boy. Let me ask you this - forget Sam for a moment, would you have expected OJ Spiller to score his first TD in yesterday's game ?

This was a great win yesterday ON the football field. I think we deservedly took time to savor it. It is only one game and blah blah blah. I'm ok with the ON field stuff though. Let's do our best to beat the Raiders.

The thing that makes me wonder is the marketing department of the Bills. Are they trying to lose the team to another city? Instead of saving costs by cutting players like Evans, why not generate new revenues?

After a game like yesterday, any savvy business would take advantage, but not the Bills, they just want to cut costs. How many Sam Chandler jerseys do you think they could have sold today? Thousands that's how many. That is new revenue that is right out the window. They might have been able to sell enough to keep Evans even. Instead, they are selling Evans jerseys :wallbash: at bargain basement prices and there are no Chandler jerseys to be found.

Any good business has well integrated production and marketing. The Bills produced on the field. Chandler was obviously part of the game plan. They should have told the marketing department to be ready for the Monday morning rush and move some merchandise, but they didn't. Or marketing didn't listen. Anyway they got caught with their pants down like any dysfunctional organization would.

All businesses have revenues and costs. Without maximizing revenue, costs have to be cut. The next time the Bills cut some stud for no football reason think about the Sam Chandler jersey snafu because it is a perfect example of why.

I've got my wife trolling the internet for a Sam Chandler jersey today . . . nobody has it, can you believe these marketing fools

Sure, go ahead and blame marketing. Second to lawyers they are everybody's favorite whipping boy. Let me ask you this - forget Sam for a moment, would you have expected OJ Spiller to score his first TD in yesterday's game ?

The way he knifes through defense with that slashing running style of his? Sure...

Our top back is still Michael Jackson, though. But I do like what Betty White showed in clean-up time.

Edited by DC Tom

I think it what the Bills need to do is lose. Especially to NFC teams. It would be much better for them and would give them an advantage to make the playoffs. If they start losing this will also lead to mucho notoriety and will definitely make sure the team stays put in Buffalo.

Sorry, I just ate some crayons, I'm a little delirious.

:doh:

I read someting over the weekend stating the Bills generate more income then teams like the Eagles and Steelers and do it with low payroll

sorry no link, think i saw this on twitter with a link to an article detailing what they are worth and what they bring in a year after player salaries

ill try and find it but im sure someone else saw it, was a good read

Just an FYI - there's a difference between the marketing guys and the merchandising guys. Just want to make sure that Crayonz nonsensical ire was directed at the right people...

You are splitting heirs and I think you know what I meant. Did you ever go to a market? Probably. What did you buy there? Merchandise. Sheesh.

I read someting over the weekend stating the Bills generate more income then teams like the Eagles and Steelers and do it with low payroll

sorry no link, think i saw this on twitter with a link to an article detailing what they are worth and what they bring in a year after player salaries

ill try and find it but im sure someone else saw it, was a good read

They have more income because of low costs.

Revenue - expenses = income.

If they raise more revenue they can increase expenses on players and still maintain income.

Chandler jersey sales are a way to do this.

Edited by ieatcrayonz

This was a great win yesterday ON the football field. I think we deservedly took time to savor it. It is only one game and blah blah blah. I'm ok with the ON field stuff though. Let's do our best to beat the Raiders.

The thing that makes me wonder is the marketing department of the Bills. Are they trying to lose the team to another city? Instead of saving costs by cutting players like Evans, why not generate new revenues?

After a game like yesterday, any savvy business would take advantage, but not the Bills, they just want to cut costs. How many Sam Chandler jerseys do you think they could have sold today? Thousands that's how many. That is new revenue that is right out the window. They might have been able to sell enough to keep Evans even. Instead, they are selling Evans jerseys :wallbash: at bargain basement prices and there are no Chandler jerseys to be found.

Any good business has well integrated production and marketing. The Bills produced on the field. Chandler was obviously part of the game plan. They should have told the marketing department to be ready for the Monday morning rush and move some merchandise, but they didn't. Or marketing didn't listen. Anyway they got caught with their pants down like any dysfunctional organization would.

All businesses have revenues and costs. Without maximizing revenue, costs have to be cut. The next time the Bills cut some stud for no football reason think about the Sam Chandler jersey snafu because it is a perfect example of why.

Really? You're complaining because you can't buy a Chandler jersey? All you have to do is order a jersey and customize the name and number. Not rocket science. It amazes me the things that people on this board find to complain about. Just enjoy the win and if you really want a jersey with Chandler's name and number, just go online and customize one and buy it. And by the way, his name is Scott, not Sam.

Edited by xsoldier54

Really? You're complaining because you can't buy a Chandler jersey? All you have to do is order a jersey and customize the name and number. Not rocket science. It amazes me the things that people on this board find to complain about. Just enjoy the win and if you really want a jersey with Chandler's name and number, just go online and customize one and buy it. And by the way, his name is Scott, not Sam.

Customize huh?

If you were in business would you try to make things easier or harder for your customers?

Would you try to sell more items or fewer?

Would you try to sell items quickly or slowly?

Geez if I ran a grocery store I wouldn't put Lucky Charms and Cocoa puffs and Rice Krispies in big bins and then tell everyone it was great because they could customize their order and all they had to do was pick their cereal, put it in a bag, box it up, weigh it and pay for it. I'd sell them ready made boxes. Have you ever heard of a little company called Kellog's?