Did anyone catch the Fox halftime show?

flomoe

I caught the Fox halftime show when they went through the scores of all the early games and the Bills/Chiefs game was the last on the list. Every game got a mention of some sort but when they got to the Bills game, they rambled on about the game listed before them then went to commercial. Pretty pathetic for one of the NFL's braodcast networks to completely overlook that game like it never happened.

Sad to see how irrelevant both those teams are in the eyes of the FOX network studio crew.

The only one that mentioned the Bills at all after 4 was Bradshaw and he boasted how he picked the Bills, other than that, the Bills are pretty much a has-been football team in the eyes of the networks................so far.

I caught the Fox halftime show when they went through the scores of all the early games and the Bills/Chiefs game was the last on the list. Every game got a mention of some sort but when they got to the Bills game, they rambled on about the game listed before them then went to commercial. Pretty pathetic for one of the NFL's braodcast networks to completely overlook that game like it never happened.

Sad to see how irrelevant both those teams are in the eyes of the FOX network studio crew.

The only one that mentioned the Bills at all after 4 was Bradshaw and he boasted how he picked the Bills, other than that, the Bills are pretty much a has-been football team in the eyes of the networks................so far.

Fox does focus on NFC games, though.

I try to watch these shows from a neutral standpoint although it is hard. Fox has exclusive rights to the NFC, so they generally only mention AFC games in passing, even the feature games. So a Bills/Chiefs game isn't going to get any coverage. If the Bills keep winning though, that will change.

This is truth. On the other hand, CBS post game show gave the Bills some serious props. Especially Cowher. In fact he predicted the upset earlier.

youtube.com/watch?v=XX8laeIMjv4&list=UUja8sZ2T4ylIqjggA1Zuukg&feature=plcp

Cowher is a big fan of Gailey

It's not just Fox that disses the Bills, they all tend to ignore the Bills. Even our local news channel didn't have the score for the Bills Chiefs game listed on the screen, like it never happened. ESPN glossed over the game, devoted about 25 sec of highlights, then went on to talk for 12 minutes about Mike Vick and the Eagles game. I wish the Bills would make it to the Super Bowl (and win) so that the sports posers HAD to talk about them. Boy that would really chap their butts wouldn't it? O.K. it is just one game but come on, how often do we get a great win like today?

Fox = NFC = not going to spend time on a game that is afc and not of national interest

It's not just Fox that disses the Bills, they all tend to ignore the Bills. Even our local news channel didn't have the score for the Bills Chiefs game listed on the screen, like it never happened. ESPN glossed over the game, devoted about 25 sec of highlights, then went on to talk for 12 minutes about Mike Vick and the Eagles game. I wish the Bills would make it to the Super Bowl (and win) so that the sports posers HAD to talk about them. Boy that would really chap their butts wouldn't it? O.K. it is just one game but come on, how often do we get a great win like today?

Do you really think that they just dislike the team? Everyone wants to know about Vick, bills fans want to know about fitz. That means about 32 times as many people are looking for Vick info right now. It's simple, and not spiteful.

I try to watch these shows from a neutral standpoint although it is hard. Fox has exclusive rights to the NFC, so they generally only mention AFC games in passing, even the feature games. So a Bills/Chiefs game isn't going to get any coverage. If the Bills keep winning though, that will change.

Does the NFL limit their halftime coverage across conference? It seems like something I've heard but maybe not....

Dating myself here, but when I was a kid (well, at least when the bald spot wasn't so pronounced), AFC games were carried on NBC, and NFC games were carried on...gasp...CBS. And the ass-clowns on CBS, which included dorks like Bradshaw and Madden, barely gave the Bills a whoop-de-doo back during the Super Bowl run. And now CBS carries the AFC, and gee whiz, Gomer, what do you think they're covering? That's just the way it is. These guys are just pimping their product.

But to echo another poster...the bigger question is "Why in God's name are you watching Fox?"