How about Bell putting the glove on T. Hali!

DUFF

I want to preface this thread with a question: "did anyone else think we would be able to single out so many of our Bills for putting together such a great game?" Here's to hoping that this continues and brian moorman is not the mvp/face of the franchise for this team. I could go thru the entire starting roster and praise most for a great game, but i see that is already being done....and i love it! The one name I didn't see get any rec was D. Bell so i'll start one. Im not an expert by any means when it comes to judging linemen, more specifically i am not in tune with the technique/assignments, etc...But i did notice that T. Hali was being stood up and man-handled by D. Bell every time he came his way. I also noticed that they moved Hali to face off against Pears on the right, due to his lack of success against D. Bell. So my question to TBD is did Bell really have as good of a game as it seemed to me, or should i switch to Labatts Light next Sunday?

Fire away

I want to preface this thread with a question: "did anyone else think we would be able to single out so many of our Bills for putting together such a great game?" Here's to hoping that this continues and brian moorman is not the mvp/face of the franchise for this team. I could go thru the entire starting roster and praise most for a great game, but i see that is already being done....and i love it! The one name I didn't see get any rec was D. Bell so i'll start one. Im not an expert by any means when it comes to judging linemen, more specifically i am not in tune with the technique/assignments, etc...But i did notice that T. Hali was being stood up and man-handled by D. Bell every time he came his way. I also noticed that they moved Hali to face off against Pears on the right, due to his lack of success against D. Bell. So my question to TBD is did Bell really have as good of a game as it seemed to me, or should i switch to Labatts Light next Sunday?

Fire away

......oh yeah and if anyone who understands OL play, can you tell me your thoughts on the rest of the OL?

gailey schemed it to have a rb or te constantly helping bell. pears was left 1 on 1 a lot more. buffalo rumblings will do a nice breakdown of this during the weak im sure.

wood whiffed a few times at C on run plays and had the botched snap early. levitre and urbik both looked very solid

I appreciate the input....like i disclaimed in the OP- my knowledge of O-line play consists of keeping the qb upright,and not committing penalties. What stood out to me the most was the two times that i saw Bell locked up 1:1 with Tamba Hali and practically lift him off of the ground and choke slam him. (ok the choke slam part was an exageration, but he did definately stand him up, and appeared to lift him off the ground)

Fire away

I remember seeing two plays where he stood Hali up and Bell looked aggressive; I saw a few plays of help going to his side; and I saw one play where Bell was trying to pick up a stunt outside but couldn't get there. I think Fitz was rushed into an incomplete on that one. Those are the ones that I can remember. I liked the aggressiveness that Bell showed though.

Fire away

The O-line as a whole today was shockingly solid today.

I, along with many people here were sure that the O-line was going to be the major reason this team would struggle, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Of course its only one game, we will see if these guys can keep up the solid play....I hope they can.

gailey schemed it to have a rb or te constantly helping bell. pears was left 1 on 1 a lot more. buffalo rumblings will do a nice breakdown of this during the weak im sure.

wood whiffed a few times at C on run plays and had the botched snap early. levitre and urbik both looked very solid

C'mon dude !!! Bell played a helluva game, obviously Chan identified Hali the speed rusher & schemed accordingly minus the one sit when he flipped sides that 1 play but Bell was in 1 on 1 with Hali alot & held his own. When you scheme for the chip block on a speed rusher, the back goes to whatever side he lines up on. I watched that match-up in passing situations and Bell dominated whoever lined up against him...I will say there were a few stunts that he & Levitre need to work on. Levitre on the other hand had a shaky start & then hit his stride. Pears did OK with only 1 major wiff and a couple false starts( 1 was very questionable early on but the crowd noise played a factor)but it seemed the snap was late.

Edited by pimp on da' net

Overall, I was pretty pleased with the OL play. Fitz seemed rushed a few times, but they gave him enough time to make a lot of throws. I can't complain too much.. Pears got mixed up on one play, but other than that... good, solid effort by our guys up front. :)

Help or no help, Bell played a fine game. Every OT gets help when playing a top talent like Hali.

Bell actually looked pissed off and I liked that a lot.

Bill mentioned Levitre in his post, but you can say the same about Bell, once his job was threatened, he turned it up. I like that Gailey is not afraid to "hurt someone's feelings" by letting them know that "no job is safe."

I would think if a coach doesn't scheme to somehow neutralize last season's sack leader, then he's not really a good coach.

I think D. Bell did a damn good job against Tamba. Neutralized him most the game and I noticed they ran alot off-tackle and inbetween him and Levitre, other than that one TD run by Spiller. GO BILLS! Also David Nelson got off and had a game (Chandler goes without saying).

The fact is Bell played very well, help or no help he went one on one with Hali most of the snaps. Help was there when they blitz on that side of the ball. It's hard to give a player credit when they do well, but easy to execute them when they do bad.. Point blank he played good.

Fire away

I think he made a great athletic block on 1 of the TD's. Basically his outside was in a standup (?) 9 technique, waited a moment, Bell took inside support and then his man rushed and he was able to still see it and secondly get to it. That was pretty athletic.