Warren Sapp- Bills will dominate!

Colie

I was watching the pregame show on the NFL Network and during their bold prediction segment, Warren Sapp predicted the Bills will dominate the Chiefs. He said the Bills will show they are for real with Kyle Williams, Dareus (sp) and Lights Out Merriman.

Nice to hear something good from a national media member, GO BILLS

I am one who believes that the defense will be a vastly improved this season. Yes we lost Puz, but we added Barnett and Morrison to sure up the ILB position. We drafted a beast in Dareus, Carrington is looking good, we still have Kyle, and Dwan Edwards will serve well. We have a pretty healthy Merriman with a chip on his shoulder as well. Hopefully the new aspect of us getting pressure on the opposing QB will lead to a couple of INT's by our secondary. I am also believeing that we are better off with Wilson @ SS versus having Whitner back there. The question will be how the offense holds up with this OL and WR corp. If we can't sustain drives then our defense will grow tired just as any other team's would. If we can stay on the field and put up 24 points or so I say we get a win. The rush defense will not be gouged like it was last season, we have made a lot of good moves to improve that.

I am one who believes that the defense will be a vastly improved this season. Yes we lost Puz, but we added Barnett and Morrison to sure up the ILB position. We drafted a beast in Dareus, Carrington is looking good, we still have Kyle, and Dwan Edwards will serve well. We have a pretty healthy Merriman with a chip on his shoulder as well. Hopefully the new aspect of us getting pressure on the opposing QB will lead to a couple of INT's by our secondary. I am also believeing that we are better off with Wilson @ SS versus having Whitner back there. The question will be how the offense holds up with this OL and WR corp. If we can't sustain drives then our defense will grow tired just as any other team's would. If we can stay on the field and put up 24 points or so I say we get a win. The rush defense will not be gouged like it was last season, we have made a lot of good moves to improve that.

Losing Poz wasn't a loss, it was an upgrade. Go watch any of the "highlight" videos from last year. They all show Poz out of position, failing to defend a pass, unable to get off blocks or desperately chasing someone with the ball. Barnett is going to be a much bigger upgrade than anyone realizes.

Sap probably likes us because he worked extensively with Dareus before the draft.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

In other news Deion Sanders predicted the team getting the best play from the cornerbacks would come out on top, and Steve Young indicated the team with the better quarterback would win, and Jerome Bettis announced that whoever stopped the run would win. Michael Irvin added that if Stevie Johnson has more yards than Bowe the Bills will win.

I do like Sapp being a fan of Kyle and Dareus, but most of the ex-player talking heads over focus on their old position, and Sapp appears to be doing that about our improved D-Line. I agree with his conclusion and think we win this game, but I don't know that I consider his analysis to be very comprehensive.

Totally agree with all of this but not sold on the "Senator" George Wilson..........GO BILLS!

I was watching the pregame show on the NFL Network and during their bold prediction segment, Warren Sapp predicted the Bills will dominate the Chiefs. He said the Bills will show they are for real with Kyle Williams, Dareus (sp) and Lights Out Merriman.

Nice to hear something good from a national media member, GO BILLS

Jamie Dukes predicted a Bills victory too, & Tom Waddle responded sarcastically, "Good luck with that", & picked the Chiefs.

FWIW, Sterling Sharpe picked the Bills, too. Baldinger & Theisman picked the Chefs. Generally, I think Sharpe does a better job than most breaking down the games but in the end, his opinion is like yours, mine, or anyone else's...just an opinion. We'll see on the field. BTW, I do think the Bills win today.

GO BILLS!!!

I think analysts that have really looked at our moves, like what they see. The Bills added some talent on defense, that is undeniable. Will it help? I really hope so, but the closer we get to game time the more worried i get that we could be proven wrong here on TBD.

Its nice to hear Sapp say that. Like someone said, he knows a thing or two about a good defense. Go BILLS! :thumbsup:

Sapp seems like a cool guy to hang out with (happy go lucky) but he's awful as an analyst. Dukes is even worse when you mix in his attitude about his commentary. In my opinion the NFL network has a long list of clowns on that network and it's nearly unwatchable.

Losing Poz wasn't a loss, it was an upgrade. Go watch any of the "highlight" videos from last year. They all show Poz out of position, failing to defend a pass, unable to get off blocks or desperately chasing someone with the ball. Barnett is going to be a much bigger upgrade than anyone realizes.

Sap probably likes us because he worked extensively with Dareus before the draft.

Poz was a huge fan favorite but the reality of the situation was just as you described. He can't cover TEs and RBs. To many times he was on the wrong end of a highlight clip. I'm trying to remember exactly but Buffalo gave up TDs to opposing TEs for 5, 6, 7 or more weeks straight at one point last season. Poz was got burned by every one.