Plax, current top dog of sports douchebags?

Peace

"After my situation happened, I turned on the TV, and the first words out his mouth was 'sad and disappointing,' " Burress said, according to the Men's Journal article, when asked about Coughlin's reaction after Burress accidentally shot himself in the leg at a New York City nightclub in November 2008.

"I'm like, forget support -- how about some concern? I did just have a bullet in my leg. And then I sat in his office, and he pushed back his chair and goes, 'I'm glad you didn't kill anybody!' Man, we're paid too much to be treated like kids. He doesn't realize that we're grown men and actually have kids of our own."

Burress' tumultuous relationship with Coughlin has been well-documented, with the two disagreeing and clashing frequently.

"He's not a real positive coach," Burress told Men's Journal for the article that hits newsstands Sept. 16. "You look around the league, the Raheem Morrises and Rex Ryans -- when their player makes a mistake, they take 'em to the side and say, 'We'll get 'em next time.' But Coughlin's on the sideline going crazy, man. I can't remember one time when he tried to talk a player through not having a day he was having."

Coughlin was asked Friday if he was aware of any of Burress' comments.

"No, I'm not and I'm really not all that concerned," he said. "I'm sure it was lots of grandiose statements. I don't know anything about that but I'm really not interested in it, either."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6947235/plaxico-burress-rips-new-york-giants-reflects-prison-lesson

Coughlin's reaction is how I react to some TBD posters. I just see the name and I know what they said.

pBills: The unions are not evil.

DavinElma: Damn blacks are bringing us down.

Dave in Norfolk: How do you spell cat?

I dunno...in my book, violently maiming and killing animals for sport is still a little worse than a dumbass shooting "hisself" in the leg.

Or how about rapelesbuger? I agree plax is probably one of the biggest douches in the league but not the biggest, certainly not in all of sport.

He's a pretty big DB.

Yet another guy who buys a Glock because they are "cool" and so "gangster" and whoops, managed to put a round in his leg because he's had little training and carries it around chambered in his sweatpants.

If idiocy was punishable under state law, looks like it's about a two year sentence.

Or how about rapelesbuger? I agree plax is probably one of the biggest douches in the league but not the biggest, certainly not in all of sport.

Yeah, gotta agree. Plax just comes off as ignorant. The stuff BR did was plain f**ked up.

Edited by stony

If we're just talking about the incident, it's nothing. The guy shot himself. Idiot for not holstering his weapon, and not having it registered, but in the end he paid two years for a victimless crime.

Stallworth killed a pedestrian, while under the influence, and got 30 days.

I can't believe Plaxico even went to prison for such a thing, let alone two years.

Potential douchebaggery aside, I hope he does well every day he's not playing the Bills.

Really?

Top recent douche for me is Ricky Williams. A more self-absorbed douche has there never been :lol:

Didn't Tiki leave his very pregnant wife for an intern (who he later married)? That's pretty self-absorbed.

As far as the Plax-Coughlin thing, neither of them come out looking very good

Coughlin seems to have permanently shyt his pants. He always seems like an utterly joyless human being.

Although what Vick did is much worse, he seems genuinely contrite. Plax...not so much.

Never understood the extreme reaction to Stalworth's accident, he would have hit that guy if he were sober, the dude ran directly in front of him according to eye witnesses. He also blew a .12, drunk but not wasted. Not ok to drive either. The difference from Plax's situation is the laws of the locality that the crime took place. NYC has strict gun laws, Florida has drive through drink stands.

Aaron Maybin deserves a mention here, dude celebrated if he was near a tackle.

And Ricky Williams? Not a DB. he made choices that hurt no one, and probably prolonged his career. Don't get that one.

BR may take the cake of the names mentioned. Vick had a bad upbringing and was not taught right from wrong. Just look at who defended him when it was all going down, all guys raised in similar environments.

I didn't think the interview reflected poorly on him. You need to read the whole thing. I like that he speaks his mind and has an edge. And he's not the first player to say coughlin needs to get with the program and stop treating NFL players like they're kindergardners. I can see how he would have felt abandoned by Eli for never visiting him I'm jail. And I recall mayor bloomberg going over the top in making an example of Plax.

Good honest interview. Kind we need more of. Too much sterile "coached" stuff out there these days.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I didn't think the interview reflected poorly on him. You need to read the whole thing. I like that he speaks his mind and has an edge. And he's not the first player to say coughlin needs to get with the program and stop treating NFL players like they're kindergardners. I can see how he would have felt abandoned by Eli for never visiting him I'm jail. And I recall mayor bloomberg going over the top in making an example of Plax.

The problem is that he never makes the connection that he was consistently in the headlines for disruptive behavior prior to the incident, and then threatened to take down not just himself but teammates that night.... Him saying Eli was a friend doesn't mean Eli would characterize it remotely the same possibly. Ifhe was a shining example of teammate, friend and man before the incident his comments would make sense. Given what we know from before the incident, coupled with his reflections he seems to have some sort of delusions

Not sticking up for Plaxico Burress, but I don't have a real positive feeling about Tom Coughlin either...

I dont feel that Plax is the biggest douche either for what he did, but come on man. He really expected his coach to be all warm and fuzzy, maybe get him a warm tea with honey in it and hug it out. "Dont worry Plax about the millions we invested in you, or letting your teamates down. Dont worry that you let your family down by going away to prison leaving your wife at home with your child its ok get them next time.

I dont feel that Plax is the biggest douche either for what he did, but come on man. He really expected his coach to be all warm and fuzzy, maybe get him a warm tea with honey in it and hug it out. "Dont worry Plax about the millions we invested in you, or letting your teamates down. Dont worry that you let your family down by going away to prison leaving your wife at home with your child its ok get them next time.

Not to mention he was consistently a distraction for coughlin missing meetings etc... Prior to this. Don't want to be treated like a child, don't act like one.