Saturday golf and other activities!

SDS

So, we may be golfing again this year. I have seen interest from Jay, Jack, TPS and me (possibly my brother Carl). Who else would like to shoot 9 on Sat afternoon?

Also, I think we are going to have some sort of trivia contest with semi-randomly chosen contestants. Probably will be a prize or two involved. Working out the details on that.

Anything else anyone would like to see?

Wow - not cheap.

BTC - 18 holes w/cart $64, 9 holes $34

Rothland 18 holes w/cart $29, 9 holes $10

Turns out we did play 18 last year...

I've played it twice, and while nice, it isn't work 60per round. I'm not going but I figured I'd drop my .02 on by. For the same price, The Links at Ivy Ridge (rt 5 Akron) are much better. Have fun gents!!!!!

I think we're going to try a course other than Diamond Hawk this year - I'm looking at this one: http://www.fiftyfourflags.com/rothland/overview, which is between the Pembroke & Depew exits of the Thruway. Should have details tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

The folks who own Rothland own Arrowhead which is across the street, and a much nicer course--the picture from that web site is actually the 18th at Arrowhead. I'd take Arrowhead over Rothland anyday. In fact, I might be able to find a couple of coupons for 9 holes at Arrowhead. I'll check and let you know tomorrow.

My brother is out. What about the Links at Ivy Ridge? That looked pretty nice...

If you want advice from a guy who golfs alot & lives in this area here goes. Stay away from Buffalo Tournament Club, overpriced & the course sucks. They do not keep it up. Not a bad layout but like I said overpriced & they do not keep it up. Rothlands sucks too but it maybe your cheapest option. If you want to just swing the sticks, have a few good laughs & keep the price down this is probably the place for you. It is a cow pasture though so do not expect much. As the gentleman a few posts above stated Arrowhead is own by the same guy, is across the street & is much nicer. Not sure what the price is but your probably looking at $40 - $50 with cart for 18. Then you have Ivy Ridge. This is a very nice course. They keep the tee times moving & there is usually not to long of a wait. At least the times I have been there although I never golfed there on a Saturday afternoon. Course is a links style with huge greens. Challenging enough but the one nice thing is it seems like everything kind of funnels back into the fairway so it is scorable. They have alot of hither past the rough but the fairways are pretty wide open. Really like this course & I would put it against & compare it favorably to alot of the private courses in the area.

Not sure what the price is on the weekends but on the weekdays you could usually get out for around $30 with a cart.

Ivy Ridge says 18 holes after 2:30 on weekend is $35 including cart, or only $6 more than Rothland (1-2:30 is $45). Arrowhead says it's $35/player after 1PM, but also says it has a foursome rate of $116 ($29 per).

Ivy is booked until 4p. At this point, beggars can't be choosers.

Ivy is booked until 4p. At this point, beggars can't be choosers.

I think the 9-hole rate (after 1pm) at Arrow is $18 to walk with a push cart. I will find out by end of day if I can get any 9-hole coupons. If we can get something around 1:30-2, that would be good.

And I haven't been referred to as a gentleman in quite sometime...

Edited by TPS

I'll try to get Arrowhead. I'll shoot for 2 foursomes.

The last tee times Arrowhead has are 1:43 and 1:51

Cost for a foursome is $116 ($29 per), if we have less than a foursome it'll be $35 each.

Need a credit card to make tee times, and cancel 24 hours before

I'm gonna book 'em.

All set! 1:43 & 1:51 at Arrowhead next Saturday 9/17. If we have to cancel one of 'em we have to do it by Friday.

The last tee times Arrowhead has are 1:43 and 1:51

Cost for a foursome is $116 ($29 per), if we have less than a foursome it'll be $35 each.

Need a credit card to make tee times, and cancel 24 hours before

I'm gonna book 'em.

All set! 1:43 & 1:51 at Arrowhead next Saturday 9/17. If we have to cancel one of 'em we have to do it by Friday.

Jay,

For anyone who will only play 9 holes (or even to subsidize those playing 18), I have four 9-hole coupons that cover the cost--a free 9 holes. Hopefully I'll get a few more before next weekend. Well, I shouldn't say that it's free, it will cost a beer... :beer:

TPS

So as of right now is it just myself, my son, SDS, and TPS who will be golfing Saturday?

Guffalo? Jack? You guys in? Anyone else who will be in town wanna tee it up? SDS hit a 65 last weekend and I rocked a 58 last night - I know that might scare some people off. :nana:

So as of right now is it just myself, my son, SDS, and TPS who will be golfing Saturday?

Guffalo? Jack? You guys in? Anyone else who will be in town wanna tee it up? SDS hit a 65 last weekend and I rocked a 58 last night - I know that might scare some people off. :nana:

Holy crap, 58! Was that a course record? :devil:

On the bright side, I have 2 coupons confirmed, and 2 more "in the mail." If you play 9, it's covered; otherwise, you pay for the second 9 only. As of now, I think I can only play 9. Given that I am going to Pearl Jam Thursday and the game Sunday, the wife is giving me the evil eye.

Fortunately, it's all in the name of birthday week, though it's next week...

I have to pass, I have my son who is not a golfer with me and we are going to be running around in Buffalo and Canada Saturday. One of these years I will finally be able to card my usual 63 in your presence.

For anyone in the southtowns we will be doing our third annual pre-home opener pub crawl on Saturday afternoon/ night. The good news is there is also an Oktoberfest going on in the village that day. Mammoser's for wings that night. Definitely a top 3 wing joint in all of WNY.

http://www.hamburgoktoberfest.com/

Best. Wings. Period!!

Enjoy, Ya bastage!! :thumbsup: