Peter King Predicts the Bills Finish 3rd in AFCE

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/09/05/peter.king.predictions/index.html?eref=sircrc

King says he worries about the back end of the Bills defense as well as the Offensive Line. But also says the Bills should be fighting for .500.

Link above shows all his predictions for this season. There you will also find links for his one minute previews of each team.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

King puts 20 teams (nearly 2/3 of the league) in the 7-9 to 10-6 "basket" -- which basically implies everything is up for grabs.

sort of like reading a horoscope. very vague. very general.

I have been saying 10-6 since draft day

I thought that was your cousin??? You're not suppose to say anything until after the season. :P

I think 9-7 is about right. I'd love 10+.

Edited by BillsFanM.D.

http://sportsillustr...tml?eref=sircrc

King says he worries about the back end of the Bills defense as well as the Offensive Line. But also says the Bills should be fighting for .500.

Link above shows all his predictions for this season. There you will also find links for his one minute previews of each team.

Wow! Agree or disagree, at least one member of the media who seems to have some actual information about the Bills team.

Merriman's health decides how worried I am about the secondary

This. If QB don't have time to ring up Jimmy Johns and order a sandwich from the pocket, it's amazing how much better a 2ndary can look.

Being worried about the secondary (for the Bills) is actually a Good Thing.

If we're worried about the secondary, it will mean we have achieved a functional run defense, and teams need to pass on us.

oh yea i think they will look better, but i am far from convinced it translates into additional wins. The OL issues are too great.

If you admit they look better, how can that not add up to a few additional wins. They lost some very close games last year.

If you admit they look better, how can that not add up to a few additional wins. They lost some very close games last year.

well for one its preseason, and two, while they lost some close ones to some good teams they lost some bad ones to horrible teams. Fitz looked awful down the homestretch.

Also while the roster has turned over quite a bit its resulted in only two new fresh blood starters, three if you count merriman.

well for one its preseason, and two, while they lost some close ones to some good teams they lost some bad ones to horrible teams. Fitz looked awful down the homestretch.

Also while the roster has turned over quite a bit its resulted in only two new fresh blood starters, three if you count merriman.

I guess it depends on how you count "fresh blood"?

Def. count Merriman, who didn't play last year. Dareus. Barnett. The starting DB are different than at the start of last season, but they were all on the roster.

I guess you don't count them?

So that's three, just on D.

Do you not count the OL starters who are diff. from last year, esp. Wood at the key center position? He was on the roster - is that what's driving your counting?

And Chandler, who was picked up in Dec. - he is starting now, don't count him?

Jones - not the #2 or starter last year, don't count him?

Just trying to figure out how to count "fresh blood".

I guess to me if a guy has taken on a significant new role (changed position or become starter), it's fresh blood so I would say 5 on O and 4 on D.

I guess it depends on how you count "fresh blood"?

Def. count Merriman, who didn't play last year. Dareus. Barnett. The starting DB are different than at the start of last season, but they were all on the roster.

I guess you don't count them?

So that's three, just on D.

Do you not count the OL starters who are diff. from last year, esp. Wood at the key center position? He was on the roster - is that what's driving your counting?

And Chandler, who was picked up in Dec. - he is starting now, don't count him?

Jones - not the #2 or starter last year, don't count him?

Just trying to figure out how to count "fresh blood".

I guess to me if a guy has taken on a significant new role (changed position or become starter), it's fresh blood so I would say 5 on O and 4 on D.

I was only considering guys who werent on the team last year, thats what I meant by way of fresh.

I dont count guys who were backups last year and are now playing because we got rid of veterans or cut crappy guys they couldnt beat out.

I certainly wouldnt count moving wood to center as fresh blood.

There are really only three and all of defense.

And i dont believe its enough to keep up with the division, our improvements dont put us on par with the other teams we see twice a year.

oh yea i think they will look better, but i am far from convinced it translates into additional wins. The OL issues are too great.

While I agree that the OL remains a weakness, I also believe it is better than it was last year. The left side is the same players as last year, but they should be better with an additional year of experience. Wood at C is an upgrade over Hangartner. Urbik had a slow start to camp, but looked good in the last couple preseason games. Pears has looked much better than Cornell Green. The lack of depth is a concern, but IMO among the starters the only spot that might be a downgrade compared to this time last year is Urbik at RG instead of Wood. Every other starting position is either an upgrade, or the same player who should have theoretically gotten better compared to last year. Even among the backups, I would feel better if they signed another quality vet and I think they should have kept Hangartner for this reason, but we had guys like Wrotto and Howard starting at various points last season who didn't make the roster this year, so I'm not convinced the depth is that much worse either. I guess we'll see in 5 days.