Our defense has something to prove on Sunday

I think this defense has an entirely different identity.....I think that not only are we dominating in our front 7 but the guys directly behind them can can come in and we would STILL be a run shutdown defense

But you know what...the naysayers are right....the cheifs fans are right.....the world is right.

PROVE IT BILLS......here comes the season

I think this defense has an entirely different identity.....I think that not only are we dominating in our front 7 but the guys directly behind them can can come in and we would STILL be a run shutdown defense

But you know what...the naysayers are right....the cheifs fans are right.....the world is right.

I can't think of two better teams to open the season with to show what kind of improvements we've made to our front 7, with respect to the running game than KC and Oak.. well, and at least have them be winnable games, anyways.

I think watching the Bills defense this weekend will make you think you're watching the Bills defense of the early 90s.

It's full of pissed off players all with something to prove and it's being run by one of the bigger off-season acquisitions in the league in Dave Wannstedt.

i think kyle williams is gonna go APE. he balled last year against the chiefs i think it was 2 sacks and 9 tackles or something. and with dareus and merriman taking added pressure off of him. he could have another big time game

Even if Merriman returns to form and proves he can stay healthy, I'd like one more high pick dedicated to finding a great pass rusher to finish off the front 7. Probably the other OLB position but would understand a DE too.

IMO, if Merriman returns to form, both Dareus and Kyle Williams will be able to get severe pressure on the QB. Even without sacks he gets quick pressures. The QB will be turning right into where Kyle is, and Dareus. It's still a decent sized IF, but we'll know in 3-4 weeks.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

I think George Wilson will have a breakout year. In limited opportunities, he has made big plays, unlike Whitner. Very excited to see him play full-time now. I have no doubt that we are better than crappy ESPN rankings. I personally hate ESPN. They are so full of themselves. I'd take us over Carolina, Cincinatti, Clevland, SanFran, Arizona, and St Louis.

I want to see utter domination by this defense starting with the Chefs. Their fans are completely writing off the Bills. Vegas has the Bills as 6pt underdogs and I'm getting pretty annoyed with the lack of confidence around here. The players are probably just as annoyed.

Did anyone notice Gailey's comments when asked about players having an extra spring in their step? He said they are much more focused and ready. Billieve that.

The Ws for the Buffalo Bills begins with week one at KC.....dominance. Anything short of that is a failure. That is a weak division and a team with a weak passing attack. Blow up their OL and don't let up until the game clock expires.

Edited by Rockinon

I think watching the Bills defense this weekend will make you think you're watching the Bills defense of the early 90s.

It's full of pissed off players all with something to prove and it's being run by one of the bigger off-season acquisitions in the league in Dave Wannstedt.

I hope not. The run defense of the early 90's sucked. That's why we lost all the superbowls. Couldn't stop the run. Our offense was awesome! But not the defense. Special teams rocked as well.

If Merriman plays up to his old level, or even close, then everyone on this team gets better. He was a special player. I hope he can return to form.

Starts with attitude and then execution!! Smash mouth football is the key. The attitude to have is go get your best! In other words, bring Jamal Charles on!! I got something for his ass this time. That's the mind set.

Next is the execution and you shut him down. You make it personal. The D has to go hard all game. Punch them in the mouth from the kick and take their heart in their house!!

Nothing like the motive of revenge. Cheap ass ot win they got last year!!

LET'S GO BILLS!!

THE NATION RISES!!

more like the defense of 2003

Man, this thread is getting me closer to the feeling that will be running through me come Sunday...

I just can't freakin' wait.

Like you said John, the critics are right. We had an awful D last year and just because we have a few new guys who had flashes of dominance in the preseason, it doesn't guarantee we'll be better. We have to prove it. But I strongly believe we will. Just one man's opinion.

We're going into a madhouse on Sunday. That place is ALWAYS ridiculously loud. But a few early sacks by the boys will quiet them down a bit. Let's get it!

I just can't freakin' wait. 4 days away...

I want to see utter domination by this defense starting with the Chefs. Their fans are completely writing off the Bills. Vegas has the Bills as 6pt underdogs and I'm getting pretty annoyed with the lack of confidence around here. The players are probably just as annoyed.

Did anyone notice Gailey's comments when asked about players having an extra spring in their step? He said they are much more focused and ready. Billieve that.

The Ws for the Buffalo Bills begins with week one at KC.....dominance. Anything short of that is a failure. That is a weak division and a team with a weak passing attack. Blow up their OL and don't let up until the game clock expires.

Right on Rockinon. :thumbsup: I'm thinking this D will progress faster than I first envisioned. It has the building blocks of something powerful. Can't wait to see it in action.