Jasper working with Oline?

CBD

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like Jason Peters 2.0 I would quit with the headbanging. Dont think you need to kill yourself over a late round pick who will probably end up as decent OL down the road.

They both have very quick feet and were late picks. Jasper has 45 pounds on Peters, though. Wonder who they'd waive to make room for Jasper on the 53.

I understand the 7th round opinion, but Jimmy Clausen HOFer?

I think you might have slipped and fallen into that Sar Chasm that yawned before your eyes.

I think so, but doesn't that mean they would then have to elevate them to the active roster?

That is almost correct. The Bills could match or beat another team's offer, but the PS player is not obliged to sign with the Bills.

The PS player can choose which offer to accept.

For example, when the Bills signed Brohm off GB's PS, GB matched (or possibly upped) the Bills offer.

Brohm thought the Bills were a better opportunity for him to possibly start or at least be the #2 guy so he went with the Bills.

I wonder if the Bills are looking for a place for him on the active roster because some other team is trying to steal him away.

They also are dangerously thin on the OL.

I think this sounds like the rationale. They are thin on OL and he is, what, #4 at Nose (behind Williams, Troup, and Heard)?

So it's something like "OK, Mike, we're willing to give you the opportunity to try your hand at Guard, where there are fewer people standing in front of you and we could use another body on the Scout team. What say you?"

Perhaps the Bills are smarter than we give them credit for. For the sake of argument, let's assume that they wanted him at oline all along and knew that by burying him on the dline in preseason they could keep him off film and hide him so they get a free year to develop him. Just because a southern drawl makes you sound dumb doesn't mean that you are. It's possible. And I don't like kool aide so don't start with that.

I always thought he might be a better O lineman than a D lineman...but remember he played O-Line at Bethel.....not exactly Alabama.

Still he is a remarkably athletic big guy who just might make it as an O'lineman at gaurd or even tackle. His best shot at getting any playing time this year would be as an O-lineman, IMHO

Awesome, more Bills projects. :wallbash:

Jim Jensen, Antonio Gates, Jason Peters, Kordell Stewart, Brian Urlacher, James "Big Cat" Williams, Every college DE who switched to OLB.

Switching positions? That's just crazy talk.

I always thought he might be a better O lineman than a D lineman...but remember he played O-Line at Bethel.....not exactly Alabama.

Still he is a remarkably athletic big guy who just might make it as an O'lineman at gaurd or even tackle. His best shot at getting any playing time this year would be as an O-lineman, IMHO

he might be better suited for action rather than reaction. knowing the snap count as well as where you're going and what you're doing ahead of time might also be beneficial. plus, he might not wear down as quick.

That's what I meant. A player can't leave without the Bills having the option of elevating him to the active roster.

PTR

Sure they can. There is no actual right of first refusal.

What happens is the other team informs the agent for the player of their intent to sign him off another team's practice squad. They work out a contract. The agent will usually inform the player of the offer, and the PS team, in this case the Bills. He will usually try to get his client the best offer but there is a good chance the player wants out and onto the other team, who were the first to want him for their active roster, obviously for a specific need. The player could also want to stay if his PS team is willing to cut another player to have him on the roster. But the Bills don't have the option of elevating him if they wish. It's up to the player.

Sure they can. There is no actual right of first refusal.

What happens is the other team informs the agent for the player of their intent to sign him off another team's practice squad. They work out a contract. The agent will usually inform the player of the offer, and the PS team, in this case the Bills. He will usually try to get his client the best offer but there is a good chance the player wants out and onto the other team, who were the first to want him for their active roster, obviously for a specific need. The player could also want to stay if his PS team is willing to cut another player to have him on the roster. But the Bills don't have the option of elevating him if they wish. It's up to the player.

Are you sure? I seem to recall reading something about GB having the option of elevating Brian Brohm to keep the Bills from signing him and they passed.

PTR

Are you sure? I seem to recall reading something about GB having the option of elevating Brian Brohm to keep the Bills from signing him and they passed.

PTR

I think what happened then is after they heard from the agent about the Bills contract offer, the Packers offered Brohm a contract to stay and be put on the active roster. But neither were big contracts (the Pack may not have even matched the Bills offer) and he chose the Bills because it was a better opportunity to play.